Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
need new music bf2s. recommend some.

Sample of what I like, to give you an idea of my tastes:

+ the rest of it

Go.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Have you got the whole Muse album (Resistance)?
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

The Sheriff wrote:

Have you got the whole Muse album (Resistance)?
ya

looking for new bands/artists more than anything else
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Might not be what you're looking for but Glasvegas' self titled album is one that I rate highly.
baggs
+732|6174
Bombay Bicycle Club - I had the blues but I shook them loose.

Anything by Massive Attack, but if you had to settle for one album I would suggest you buy Mezzanine.

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular.

Etc....
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Anyone else? Pls?
~ Richard Feynman
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHhhcKxflMY[youtube]

for now...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-10-02 04:24:46)

Love is the answer
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

The Sheriff wrote:

Might not be what you're looking for but Glasvegas' self titled album is one that I rate highly.
I've heard some Glasvegas songs before, pretty good
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
wtf is exactly wrong with the other 12516 'recommend new music' threads? it's not as if your spectacularly mainstream and unimpressive music taste deserves its own fucking thread.

"oh hey guys i like the killers, muse, green day, the offspring, blink 182 and the kaiser chiefs. what next?"

i dunno, tune into your radio top 10 maybe?

Last edited by Uzique (2009-10-02 06:42:15)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
cos here the top 10 is a. hip-hop or b. electronica/dance
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
oh yeah your impossibly developed taste in rock music would elude all of the hip-hop and electronic aficionados.

nobody would have heard of muse or coldplay here. you're right. good job creating a thread for your elite and exclusive taste.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
zeek, stop being a dick, not everyone actively pursues new musical choices. Someone who decides he likes some things on the radio and wants to explore further can't just jump into obscurity. You and Spark could take this wonderful journey together into the vast unknown, experiencing new sounds and new ideas. (lul)

also muse isn't that mainstream, at least over here. their set at ACL wasn't even a headliner, they've been touring with someone (U2 was it? maybe radiohead). They've gained a lot of popularity from guitar hero.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
im not being a dick, my issue isnt with his music taste, i just dont get why everyone feels entitled to create a personal thread just for their own petty voyages and musings. there's a recommendations thread. there are numerous other threads discussing and rating 'new' music. it hardly takes a massive leap of initiative to discover some new/similar stuff.

muse are mainstream. no argument.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Uzique wrote:

im not being a dick, my issue isnt with his music taste, i just dont get why everyone feels entitled to create a personal thread just for their own petty voyages and musings. there's a recommendations thread. there are numerous other threads discussing and rating 'new' music. it hardly takes a massive leap of initiative to discover some new/similar stuff.

muse are mainstream. no argument.
to be fair the recommend music thread has really turned into a "post what you like here" thread. But I pretty much agree.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Uzique wrote:

oh yeah your impossibly developed taste in rock music would elude all of the hip-hop and electronic aficionados.

nobody would have heard of muse or coldplay here. you're right. good job creating a thread for your elite and exclusive taste.
Why would I bother creating a thread if I wanted exactly the same thing? /facepalm.

The whole point of putting what songs I already have there was so people knew what not to recommend already...

PS. Don't like it, don't read it. It's not as if there's a barrage of new threads submerging the existing ones in page 3.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard