Vista 64 SP1
C2Q 8200
6GB DDR3
HD 4670 ( 9.9 Catalyst )
Optiarc DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
Intel ICH10

I've updated all drivers, chipset/video card/sound/directx

Ok so I put the Installation disc into the drive, starts up and I click autorun.exe when a dialogue box appears. Splash screen comes up and I click install, I go through the regular steps of setting up the Install Wizard and it begins installing cab1? and gets to Fushe.bin (or .cab) and asks me to insert Disc 2 (I have the PC-CD version)...

And that's where it fails, after I insert disc 2 the install wizard fails and says "an error occured please restart the process."

So I tried a couple times to install but I get the same problem, my last attempt right after the Install Wizard failed I tried to eject the disc but my whole system froze up which resulted in turning off the computer manually.

I'm starting to think its a combination of the DVD Drive and BF2's multiple disc installation method. Because a much older game (single CD disc) installed flawlessly.
BruceLeet
+4|6203
Tips? Thoughts? Suggestions!

I want to try 1.5, mainly the free booster packs

Last edited by BruceLeet (2009-09-25 15:42:32)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

I burned all 5 of my Deluxe Edition install disks to a DVD. Just copy all the information from the CD's to a DVD and it shouldn't ask you to switch disks during installation.

To run the installation from the DVD, you'll have to open the DVD drive folder from My Computer, and click on Setup.exe or else it'll keep asking you to insert the first installation disk.

Dunno if it'll help but good luck.

Last edited by ebug9 (2009-09-25 15:44:41)

BruceLeet
+4|6203
Damn I dont have any DVD-R's, good suggestion though I didn't even think of that....

Probably because I've never burned a game onto a disc before, are there any specific programs/methods to do this?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Copy all the info from the disks to a folder on your PC first.

Just use any program that you're comfortable with (Nero is what I used but there's many options available) and choose to burn all the files from that folder onto a DVD.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6548|775

I just followed ebug's advice for my installation on Windows 7.

IT WORKED!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard