uziq
+492|3444
what do you mean by component upgrades? you can't really upgrade their devices in the retina form factors. it's all glued in.

in terms of SKU options, you can expand the 4gb ddr6 GPU to an 8gb version for £90, which doesn't seem crazy compared to desktop full-size GPU prices.

doubling from a 512gb SSD to a 1tb SSD costs about £170, which again isn't too crazy. the SSDs that apple use are legendarily fast and stable. i'm sure it costs a premium compared to build-yer-own storage, though.

doubling the RAM to 32gb is a bit eye-watering. hence really my question about the current state of RAM/whether its required. i don't know enough about current market to know if 300 bucks for 32gb of 2666MHz DDR4 memory is a total spit in the face or not.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-15 16:11:53)

uziq
+492|3444

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

On SSDs, 2TB seems to be the sweet spot at the moment when it comes to pricing. Crucial and Samsung 2.5" for $200. That would have been so nice to have had available instead when I added my 500GB.

For sure going to add one to the list before I pull any kind of trigger.

Of course, some of the devices' pricing is laughably skewed. "Let's jack up the MSRP on a similar-performing piece of hardware and then announce a 60% discount." Get outta here.

If I'd funneled the kind of budget money it would take to put in an SSD approaching 8TB, I'd for sure use it on a 2080 ti instead and still have some to spare.
we are sort of talking at cross-purposes here. you're talking about these parts for a prospective desktop build and i'm talking about the latest bunch of high-end laptops with extremely thin form factors. regular 8tb 2.5" SSDs are not really an option.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

uziq wrote:

what do you mean by component upgrades? you can't really upgrade their devices in the retina form factors. it's all glued in.

in terms of SKU options, you can expand the 4gb ddr6 GPU to an 8gb version for £90, which doesn't seem crazy compared to desktop full-size GPU prices.

doubling from a 512gb SSD to a 1tb SSD costs about £170, which again isn't too crazy. the SSDs that apple use are legendarily fast and stable. i'm sure it costs a premium compared to build-yer-own storage, though.

doubling the RAM to 32gb is a bit eye-watering. hence really my question about the current state of RAM/whether its required. i don't know enough about current market to know if 300 bucks for 32gb of 2666MHz DDR4 memory is a total spit in the face or not.
the pricing isn't too crazy, but it's definitely more than cost plus. I'd put it probably somewhere close to double the retail cost. RAM is around $10/gb and SSD storage is around $.25/gb on the high end, so double the retail cost on RAM is correct, while the SSD upgrade is not as bad.
uziq
+492|3444
but isn't that just what you find when you buy pre-assembled machines from any vendor? HP? dell? alienware? apple are expensive - no arguments there - but it never struck me like they were being 'obnoxious' about it. they're clearly positioned as a premium product in the market and charge accordingly. i mean, i'm not surprised all this stuff can be found cheaper individually for self-assembly or self-upgrade on pcpartspicker or whatever.

e: to clarify, i mean don't all the vendors go beyond 'cost plus' and charge make-believe prices for their complete systems?

i guess i've been out the game for so long that it seems like an insane amount of tech to have in a few lbs of weight for $2500.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-15 16:49:51)

uziq
+492|3444
impressive benchmarks that bear out people's first positive reactions.

the new AMD/ATI GPUs seem to be really good. the base model 16", which costs about $2400, outperforms the last-generation VEGA 16 model from earlier this year, which cost $3,000 dollars. it's basically as good as the top-end VEGA 20 one, which cost $3200. that and the screen resolution/ppi is actually a tiny bit bigger than previous.

problems with thermal throttling of the CPUs and their turbo boosting, as well as limiting of the GPU, seem to be much improved.

i'm guessing it has something to do with the bigger (maximum?) sized battery/charger they've got in there now.

being able to get a pretty significant performance upgrade for a 25% price reduction is pretty much unheard of for apple. that and these things had a silent launch with no hooplah whatsoever. that's a new direction i could get used to.

i've read a bit about a big overhaul in intel mobile CPUs next may/june, as evidently they've run into a bit of a processing cul-de-sac with these 8-core designs, as thin laptop form-factors just don't have the power or thermals to let 8-cores rip at maximum load for long periods of time. with that said, this brand new GPU architecture looks like one of the biggest upgrades in mobile gaming in a while. the top-end one apparently has +80% performance over the previous VEGA equivalents. you can conceivably game in 1080p on maxed out settings on a laptop that's 0.6 inches thick.

maybe i'm showing my tech age ... my desktop computer from 2012 can't manage 1080p gaming very well at the moment, haha.

the 6-speaker array with 2x subwoofers are being touted as the best speakers ever put in a laptop, too. a nice bonus.

think the debit card will be coming out this week ... just waiting on more benchmarks.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-16 01:33:32)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

uziq wrote:

we are sort of talking at cross-purposes here. you're talking about these parts for a prospective desktop build and i'm talking about the latest bunch of high-end laptops with extremely thin form factors. regular 8tb 2.5" SSDs are not really an option.
Right, but similarly if you were going to buy a drive on its own (7.6 TB is cheaper, looking at newegg), that 8 TB is still going to bump you up by over $2000 USD on a MBPro. Which is fine if it's within your workstation budget and not compromising something you need more.

It would be interesting to know more about what kind of chips they're using even if I had to wade through stuff about thin bezels and remanufactured aluminum to get there.

Also, it should be worth noting that 2.5" form factor SSDs can have different heights.
uziq
+492|3444
i did not know that. lol the only time i bought an SSD i just threw it in an enclosure in the bottom of my big tower.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Despite never having owned one, I always take a look at Apple whenever considering a new computer. I've enjoyed the time I spent using Logic and Final Cut in the past. If I was in the market for a workstation laptop, the current MBP 16" would be quite tempting. As an important bonus, I've heard it said that past model keyboard issues have been addressed. On the plus side, it isn't much of a drive to the nearest Apple Store.
uziq
+492|3444
the past model keyboards were a doomed turd for them, really, they had to offer total replacement services whenever issues cropped up (which seemed to be often). very hard to find someone who genuinely prefers them. design over functionality, for sure, and rightfully abandoned.

they are far superior for creative tasks, in my opinion, not only with native apps like logic but even ableton. the audio drivers just seem more stable. i've always had screwy issues with ASIO on windows -- as well as weird things like wifi adapters interrupting the sound. it seems like a mess. i am going to pair the MBP later this year with a standalone universal audio interface, which at this point in my tech-consumer life seems a much better investment than a £500 GPU i'll never use.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

As seems to happen almost every time I start to seriously cobble something together towards the end of a year, a very slight wrench got thrown into my Cyber Monday plans with new hardware. This time new offerings from AMD/Intel. Not particularly inspiring at the moment though, and out of my willing range.

At a glance, it very much feels like 10th-gen Intel is just squeezing a bit more out of an older platform and being competed against mightily by the likes of AMD 3900X @$530. i9-10900x @$700, i9-9900x $730, i9 9900k @$490, i7 9700k @$340, i5 9600k @$200. Third gen Threadrippers also out recently are far more than what I want to spend on a hybrid gaming/moderate-productivity.

What the distraction did was remind me that PCIe 4.0 is a thing, and made me look again at the AMD X570. But I'm wary of additional PCIe 4.0 gen iterations existing by the time NVIDIA cards take advantage of it. Apparently the next iteration is a Turing refresh. I don't know if that means RTX 2090s or RTX 30x0, but I don't know if NV would be motivated to rush it out before the end of next year at the earliest. 2070 Super still seems like the sweet spot at the moment.
I've got three options on the table:
  • Go ahead with the QVL-checked list I have. (useful links: corsair, gskill)
  • Reconsider third-gen Ryzen for PC applications I plan to use, especially in the following case:
  • Further downgrade specs to something purely for gaming and add a Macbook Pro onto the list for workstation stuff. Also deactivate CS for PC and move it onto Mac.
uziq
+492|3444
the gaming performance is good enough on the new macbook pro that i don’t think i’ll ever buy a gaming pc again. that probably means i’ll never be playing a latest AAA title maxed out at 144hz, but i think i can deal with that considering how useless and encumbering a big windows desktop pc feels to me now.

with improvements to drivers and bootcamp, i can conceivably keep a 100gb windows partition and game on an external monitor, downscaling the res to 1080 or 1440p. the 8gb of VRAM on the MBP makes light work of it.

ironically given apple’s brand premium, i see no value in desktop pc hardware anymore. the extra form factor and potential top-end just seems utterly wasted for 99% of applications. i’m not even nudging the 8-core i9 as it is.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I'm certain any modern MBP would safely demolish any game I'm currently playing (with reasonable settings) whether MacOS compatible or through bootcamp. One of the pulls behind having a gaming computer and a workstation separately (apart from not having to balance multipurpose PC specs) is that I can banish all my gaming stuff to another room and not groggily navigate to Steam in the morning at the ol' home office. And also not have to wrestle with bootcamp drivers for maximized game settings.

Interested to know how it turns out for you.

I think even if I end up blowing off most of my shopping cart in disgust, there are still some deep sale components I'll pick up. I need some more storage for photos at the bare minimum. My 4TB drive is being crushed under the weight of work stuff.
uziq
+492|3444
in general i think i’d vouch even for gaming windows laptops. mobile graphics is in a pretty astounding place tbh.

as i understand it, windows laptops opt for high-power nvidia chips that run very hot, require power bricks, and give about 3.5hr battery as a result. they have great performance though. possibly windows laptops have the energy-efficient versions of the intel chips too? lower performance.

the apple laptops have the full performance intel chips, but opt for lower range and more optimised AMD cards. result is you can run them off a seat charger (maximum rated 100W), the batteries last 11-12 hours, and the charger is fairly discreet (single thunderbolt cable to the outlet, basically).

all the options seem to blow the ‘mobile GPU’ options of 5 years ago. i paid a premium for a discrete chip in my 2013 MBP and it was so-so (550M).
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black

uziq wrote:

mobile graphics is in a pretty astounding place tbh.
in isolation, sure

compared to dedicated chips?... hah

uziq wrote:

as i understand it, windows laptops opt for high-power nvidia chips that run very hot, require power bricks, and give about 3.5hr battery as a result.
Gaming laptops sure

uziq wrote:

possibly windows laptops have the energy-efficient versions of the intel chips too? lower performance.
Yes? Obviously? If it exists, it's got Windows running on it, somewhere.
the apple laptops have the full performance intel chips, but opt for lower range and more optimised AMD cards.
because they have long lasting contracts with AMD, absolutely not a decision based on the ability of each company's products in 2019

uziq wrote:

result is you can run them off a seat charger (maximum rated 100W), the batteries last 11-12 hours, and the charger is fairly discreet (single thunderbolt cable to the outlet, basically).
hey look here's a link of a thousand windows/chrome OS laptops that have 11-12 hours battery life and charge via USB C

uziq wrote:

all the options seem to blow the ‘mobile GPU’ options of 5 years ago. i paid a premium for a discrete chip in my 2013 MBP and it was so-so (550M).
hilariously, one of the best solutions to the issues you're having involves buying a laptop with a integrated GPU or an AMD APU, then purchasing an external GPU enclosure for when you need the horsepower.

newbie what's your workload?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
uziq
+492|3444
eGPUs are absolute trash in terms of price and performance.

it’s a dead end and i can’t see anyone except for dedicated video renderers or content creators using them.

and well done for repeating exactly what i said. that the mobile graphics don’t compare to discrete desktop cards ... but then ... what do you need them for? have you seen how thin a retina macbook is? how quiet it is? it runs all the current games just fine at 1440p high settings. obviously it doesn’t compare to a top end GPU (or 2x or 3x GPUs) when their combined PCBs alone are BIGGER THAN A FUCKING LAPTOP. lol.

i didn’t know about all the usb-c options. i’ve only been reading about the windows laptops with monster GPUs, just to see where the top end of the tech is at. shame most of those laptops are almost singularly undesirable.

apple had nvidia chips in their laptops 4 years ago. not sure what you’re prattling on about with ‘long term contracts’. do you really think apple aren’t putting the very best GPUs for raw gaming performance in their laptop because of a ‘contract’? it’s not what MBPs are designed for; you should read about the new AMD chips. good luck putting an i9 -H processor in a laptop and a top-end nvidia GPU and running it off 100W.

but have fun paying £700 for a GPU so you can crank 16xAA in apex legends or whatever. that’s your prerogative. my point was that the current state of mobile GPUs is very impressive. they’re no longer permanently gimped. you can play current titles on a retina-form laptop. it’s great. no one is stopping you from spending all your money on a huge desktop with RGB lighting and water cooling bro. have at it. i’m just saying i couldn’t recommend it for anyone with a moderate interest in gaming. games suck, desktops are going the way of the dodo for the vast majority.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-28 13:20:24)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

uziq wrote:

it runs all the current games just fine at 1440p high settings.
LOL

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
sorry I'll read the rest of your post now
uziq
+492|3444

Finray wrote:

uziq wrote:

LOL

as i said ... in my first post ... yes, it'll never be 16x AA, 144hz, 300fps. again, we are talking about a laptop that is one centimetre thick, here. downscaling to 1440p on a 16 inch screen is fine. hooking it up to an external monitor in the 21-24 inch range works fine. this is literally a happy result for the majority of people. not sure what exactly you're not getting there with my use of 'fine'.

we get it, finray, you're taking a BTEC in graphic design or whatever, and all those 100s of hours you spent in your 20s posting about computers on reddit instead of feeling fulfilled in a career or getting an education have well-equipped you to snort at people who under-rate the power of the /pcmasterrace. you don't need to pull the circa-2011 quote train on me, picking apart every single line for my *snort* cluelessness about the utter craptitude of laptops for leet-level gaming.

my point, again, is that mobile graphics are now at a point where mid-range cards are optimised enough to play current games well. as in, it's probably the first ever MBP generation where the stock option, the entry-level option with basic graphics, is still going to be able to let someone thrash GTA V or fortnite or whatever. it's a neat development and raises serious questions, for me anyway, in the sense of building a big desktop with dedicated graphics. laptops are really capable of handling it now for casual gaming.

the new AMD chips are literally 2-3x as powerful as the default options that were used in similar MBPs last year.

again (saying this word a lot here), i'm sure certain windows laptops have been smoking gaming performance for years. good for you if you want to lug-around a laptop the size of a scanner and fax machine that runs out of battery in 3.5 hours and will be RMA'd within a year. AGAIN, i'm talking about totally average consumer-level, all-use laptops now being able to play games without breaking a sweat. i can only see things improving down this avenue. the whole desktop+standalone GPU thing is now looking like a questionable option next to gaming consoles and laptops. the tech is finally growing up.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-28 13:38:28)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

uziq wrote:

eGPUs are absolute trash in terms of price and performance.
So are Macs

uziq wrote:

it’s a dead end and i can’t see anyone except for dedicated video renderers or content creators using them.
No, a dedicated video renderer or content creator would use a desktop.

uziq wrote:

and well done for repeating exactly what i said. that the mobile graphics don’t compare to discrete desktop cards ... but then ... what do you need them for? have you seen how thin a retina macbook is? how quiet it is?
Have you seen how thin chromebooks are? how quiet they are? how they run off USB C?

uziq wrote:

no it doesn't

uziq wrote:

obviously it doesn’t compare to a top end GPU (or 2x or 3x GPUs) when their combined PCBs alone are BIGGER THAN A FUCKING LAPTOP. lol.
Yes, so like I said, in isolation, they are good, compared to dedicated, they are laughable.
What you said was that they are "in a pretty astounding place tbh." I'd say an astounding place is comparable to desktop graphics. That would be astounding, truly. As they are right now, they are incredibly unremarkable for flops/s. Pretty great for efficiency, though.

uziq wrote:

i didn’t know about all the usb-c options. i’ve only been reading about the windows laptops with monster GPUs, just to see where the top end of the tech is at. shame most of those laptops are almost singularly undesirable.
So you're giving advice to someone without actually having done the required research/knowing the required info yourself?

uziq wrote:

apple had nvidia chips in their laptops 4 years ago.
literal news to me I'll give you that one 

uziq wrote:

not sure what you’re prattling on about with ‘long term contracts’. do you really think apple aren’t putting the very best GPUs for raw gaming performance in their laptop because of a ‘contract’?
yes

uziq wrote:

it’s not what MBPs are designed for; you should read about the new AMD chips.
oh don't worry I know about em

uziq wrote:

good luck putting an i9 -H processor in a laptop and a top-end nvidia GPU and running it off 100W.
Good luck defying the laws of physics? Where did I ever say this would be possible?

uziq wrote:

but have fun paying £700 for a GPU
£330

uziq wrote:

so you can crank 16xAA in apex legends or whatever.
64x FXAA actually if I wanted

uziq wrote:

my point was that the current state of mobile GPUs is very impressive. they’re no longer permanently gimped.
yes they are

uziq wrote:

you can play current titles on a retina-form laptop.
no you can't

uziq wrote:

it’s great. no one is stopping you from spending all your money on a huge desktop with RGB lighting and water cooling bro. have at it. i’m just saying i couldn’t recommend it for anyone with a moderate interest in gaming. games suck, desktops are going the way of the dodo for the vast majority.
I wouldn't recommend it for someone with a moderate interest in gaming. I also definitely 100% would not recommend an integrated GPU for someone who even had a modicum of interest in gaming.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

uziq wrote:

as i said ... in my first post ... yes, it'll never be 16x AA, 144hz, 300fps.
Totally agree. It's not going to be 1440p high settings though. At least not above 30FPS.

uziq wrote:

again, we are talking about a laptop that is one centimetre thick,
Would it be different if it was 2cm? Laptops are thin. They are portable. Going from 3cm to 1cm does not make a huge difference.

uziq wrote:

downscaling to 1440p on a 16 inch screen is fine. hooking it up to an external monitor in the 21-24 inch range works fine. this is literally a happy result for the majority of people. not sure what exactly you're not getting there with my use of 'fine'.
Yeah I have no problems with the res downscaling, because Apple makes screens that have DPIs past the point where humans can tell.

uziq wrote:

we get it, finray, you're taking a BTEC in graphic design or whatever,
HNC Computer Games Design

uziq wrote:

and all those 100s of hours you spent in your 20s posting about computers on reddit instead of feeling fulfilled in a career or getting an education have well-equipped you to snort at people who under-rate the power of the /pcmasterrace.
Nah actually I fell WAY out of this shit and am woefully out of date, but even with my lack of up to date knowledge I just *HAD* to jump in on you peddling your uninformed shite.

uziq wrote:

you don't need to pull the circa-2011 quote train on me, picking apart every single line for my *snort* cluelessness about the utter craptitude of laptops for leet-level gaming.
I love doing this shit. I've missed it so much.

uziq wrote:

my point, again, is that mobile graphics are now at a point where mid-range cards are optimised enough to play current games well.
no they're not

uziq wrote:

as in, it's probably the first ever MBP generation where the stock option, the entry-level option with basic graphics, is still going to be able to let someone thrash GTA V or fortnite or whatever.
Wow, a 6 year old title (that won't run well on it is my guess, but I'd have to google some benchmarks) and a game designed to have such a low performance impact in order to garner as many players as possible... astounding.

uziq wrote:

it's a neat development and raises serious questions, for me anyway, in the sense of building a big desktop with dedicated graphics. laptops are really capable of handling it now for casual gaming.
! Totally agree! Very interesting. I think the problem here is "casual" gaming, you're trying to apply this to mean "will be able to play 2019 titles at high settings and 1440p" which is just bullshit and you know it.

uziq wrote:

the new AMD chips are literally 2-3x as powerful as the default options that were used in similar MBPs last year.
2-3 * 0 = 0

uziq wrote:

again (saying this word a lot here), i'm sure certain windows laptops have been smoking gaming performance for years. good for you if you want to lug-around a laptop the size of a scanner and fax machine that runs out of battery in 3.5 hours and will be RMA'd within a year.
I DON'T. GAMING LAPTOPS SUCK ASS AND ARE A WASTE OF MONEY.

uziq wrote:

AGAIN, i'm talking about totally average consumer-level, all-use laptops now being able to play games without breaking a sweat.
They've been doing this for TEN YEARS, we used to play CS:S on John's MBP 2013 (and I bet CS:GO would run on that still)

uziq wrote:

the whole desktop+standalone GPU thing is now looking like a questionable option next to gaming consoles and laptops. the tech is finally growing up.
No, it's definitely not, whatsoever lol.

Last edited by Finray (2019-11-28 13:57:45)

uziq
+492|3444
thanks for the flashback to 2011. have an upvote.

do chrome books run games? last time i checked they are just used in offices and meeting rooms. oh wait, you mean cloud-based computing? oh yeah, i guess that's a great comparison to a GPU.

the 16 MBPs at the moment, with zero optimisation and no decent bootcamp drivers, are getting 70-80fps on the latest modern warfare game at 1440p. that's what i mean by 'fine'. i'd be happy with that if i only picked up a game for a few hours a week.

i've had laptops with dedicated, expensive-ass-option GPUs for the last 10 years. yes they could run cs:source or skyrim or WoW, but just not very well. so 'not fine' in my highly complex consumer speak.

it's cute that you've been on some college course for a few months and now you know all about the latest chips, have read all the literature, know exactly what film and media production companies use, and are familiar with the laws of physics and computer science. put down the monster energy can and get off my dick.  your retort is basically 'your idea of impressive mobile GPUs does not impress MOI, it's hardly astounding, ackshually ...' but then in the same post you said you don't expect laptops to break the laws of physics? so ... you're unimpressed by the performance of current-men mobile GPUs because they don't match discrete options, but then ... oh never mind.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-28 13:55:39)

uziq
+492|3444

Finray wrote:

uziq wrote:

as i said ... in my first post ... yes, it'll never be 16x AA, 144hz, 300fps.
Totally agree. It's not going to be 1440p high settings though. At least not above 30FPS.

uziq wrote:

my point, again, is that mobile graphics are now at a point where mid-range cards are optimised enough to play current games well.
no they're not

uziq wrote:

as in, it's probably the first ever MBP generation where the stock option, the entry-level option with basic graphics, is still going to be able to let someone thrash GTA V or fortnite or whatever.
Wow, a 6 year old title (that won't run well on it is my guess, but I'd have to google some benchmarks) and a game designed to have such a low performance impact in order to garner as many players as possible... astounding.

uziq wrote:

it's a neat development and raises serious questions, for me anyway, in the sense of building a big desktop with dedicated graphics. laptops are really capable of handling it now for casual gaming.
! Totally agree! Very interesting. I think the problem here is "casual" gaming, you're trying to apply this to mean "will be able to play 2019 titles at high settings and 1440p" which is just bullshit and you know it.

have you really just spent 3 posts and an hour arguing when you haven't even watched a basic video? even with beta drivers they are pulling that 'impossible' performance.

i spoke about GTA V and fortnite as examples of what average gamers would want to play (i dunno lol, current gaming is shit). not that they're supposed to be major benchmarks of performance. anyway looks like you're absolutely wrong and full of shit lol?

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-28 14:09:21)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

uziq wrote:

thanks for the flashback to 2011. have an upvote.

do chrome books run games? last time i checked they are just used in offices and meeting rooms. oh wait, you mean cloud-based computing? oh yeah, i guess that's a great comparison to a GPU.

the 16 MBPs at the moment, with zero optimisation and no decent bootcamp drivers, are getting 70-80fps on the latest modern warfare game at 1440p. that's what i mean by 'fine'. i'd be happy with that if i only picked up a game for a few hours a week.

i've had laptops with dedicated, expensive-ass-option GPUs for the last 10 years. yes they could run cs:source or skyrim or WoW, but just not very well. so 'not fine' in my highly complex consumer speak.

it's cute that you've been on some college course for a few months and now you know all about the latest chips, have read all the literature, know exactly what film and media production companies use, and are familiar with the laws of physics and computer science. put down the monster energy can and get off my dick.  your retort is basically 'your idea of impressive mobile GPUs does not impress MOI, it's hardly astounding, ackshually ...' but then in the same post you said you don't expect laptops to break the laws of physics? so ... you're unimpressed by the performance of current-men mobile GPUs because they don't match discrete options, but then ... oh never mind.
I only deal in karma, thank u v much

No, chromebook is just the word I pull out of the air when I'm talking USB C. Because I know they're on it. Plenty of other laptops are too, but idk any of them because I'm not in that market.

70-80FPS in CoD? Do you have that benchmark?

https://i.imgur.com/4ksb2yz.png

Sounds fishy to me.

I'm not learning anything about the latest chips in college, it's a games design course. Where did the film and media companies bit come from? I am familiar with the laws of physics, yes, being a human that exists in this universe after all. That's not my retort, it's my whole fucking problem with what you were saying in the first place. Mobile GPUs are not astounding, unless you're saying "mobile GPUs are astounding for their size and TDP" Then I have no problem whatsoever.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Here's a current title that's not built off the back of an engine from 1999

https://i.imgur.com/khnL47r.png

Tomb raider is a true current title. CoD:MW is a current title in the same way Fifa 2019 is a current title.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
"The next title I tried is Deus Ex Mankind, this is a super old title.." 50 FPS

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard