FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England
That still wouldn't answer why his battery's doing that.

Are there any apps on iPhone that recalibrate battery levels? Maybe that's an idea.

Have you tried a different wall socket (on a separate circuit)? Different charger?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

finray for tech badge
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5982|London, England

burnzz for beer badge
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada
Thought he prefers the hard liquors.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD

FFLink wrote:

Are there any apps on iPhone that recalibrate battery levels? Maybe that's an idea.

Have you tried a different wall socket (on a separate circuit)? Different charger?
I charged it off the wall at my friend's house with his charger but I don't remember how the battery life was when I did that
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710

Cheez wrote:

According to that website, you have to use DOSBox to run KGen.

Try a newer emulator if the roms are seperated at all.
http://segaretro.org/Category:Mega_Drive_Emulators
I have it on CDROM
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England

_j5689_ wrote:

FFLink wrote:

I charged it off the wall at my friend's house with his charger but I don't remember how the battery life was when I did that
Good to know.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+686|6308|Washington St.
Look Canonical, you're a great company don't get me wrong, but if you want Ubuntu to be a serious consideration in the OS market, have it work well with Windows and OS X. What's more, have it work well with Server 20xx. Why should I have to download 3rd party software to add it to Active Directory and have it fail half the time?
No company is every in the middle of a complete overhaul of their desktops, they move little by little. This means that integration is key. Have Ubuntu be as little of a shift between it and Windows and OS X as possible. Most companies will use a centralized system which means they likely use Active Directory which means it should be an absolute synch to integrate with that. Have some feature in the system settings that allows Ubuntu to join a domain and authenticate over AD. The fact that it takes such a wide range of tweaks to system files is unacceptable if you want to be taken seriously as an enterprise OS.

/rant

time to get drunk
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

wow

i felt the same way about Novell eight years ago . . .
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6329

secretly convert to CentOS
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
Well, I'm trying the wall charger again since I got down to 10% battery while I was in Baltimore, we'll see how it goes
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5054|Massachusetts, USA
I think I'm having issues with my 260 GTX. Whenever I play some of the older CoDs, or any game like Deus Ex: HR, Borderlands, ETC. The thing runs hot at like 72c+ (World at war single player with all the settings on low, runs at 75 and I even got it to go to 83c.) Any ideas on cooling this sucker off? I'm grabbing some compressed air and cleaning it tonight, should i redo the thermal paste too while I'm at it?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

is the heatsink shrouded? (not sure what the 260 looks like . . .)
UnkleRukus
That Guy
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcTUJ2IIccNrfEqu9xc-CPNlPNPZNWtLebYMsBOmRdD4CZOQMd

More or less what it looks like. The thing is massive.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

disassemble, clean, new paste - you'll squeeze a little life and bring down temps. the vidcards that are totally enclosed are tricky to take apart sometimes, do it on a clean table top.

do you use any software to control the fan?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Yeah, I use MSI Afterburner. Fans need to run at 80-100% speed when I play games. It idles at 47-50 regardless.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD

UnkleRukus wrote:

More or less what it looks like. The thing is massive.
That looks like the exact one that I had before I replaced it with the slightly shorter, less energy-hungry but much faster 560 Ti[/gloat]

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-01-26 16:28:34)

Computer_Guy
+54|6714
RMAed my Corsair HX1000 and got the new updated HX1050. It works and all BUT the fan is LOUD. I never heard the fan on my HX1000 when at full load; and with this psu, when ever I start playing games and drawing tons of current, the fan whizzes up like a hair dryer while I'm playing. My computer is watercooled with a lot of quiet fans and this thing is louder than all of that plus my speakers on normal volume.

Should I just deal with it, or should I be concerned that the fan is really loud? Sometimes it just burst on for a few seconds and then idles again. Should I talk to corsair to see if I can get another replacement? If so, shoud I just sell it and get a better psu?
Benzin
+576|6016
Talk to Corsair about it.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4986|Dundee, Scotland.

Computer_Guy wrote:

RMAed my Corsair HX1000 and got the new updated HX1050. It works and all BUT the fan is LOUD. I never heard the fan on my HX1000 when at full load; and with this psu, when ever I start playing games and drawing tons of current, the fan whizzes up like a hair dryer while I'm playing. My computer is watercooled with a lot of quiet fans and this thing is louder than all of that plus my speakers on normal volume.

Should I just deal with it, or should I be concerned that the fan is really loud? Sometimes it just burst on for a few seconds and then idles again. Should I talk to corsair to see if I can get another replacement? If so, shoud I just sell it and get a better psu?
Is it definitely just the fan or could it be the bearings or some other part of it making the noise?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
iPhone charging issue seems to be sorted, the longer I leave it charging after 100%, the longer it seems to last in general regardless of which way I'm charging it.

Also, the Beyerdynamic DT 880s sound a lot better after a month of usage.  I just wish it was louder though, I need to get an external amp for sure when I can.  Some songs really do sound amazing over these headphones already but a lot of my favorite songs are just too quiet now and there's still volume to be desired even while gaming.
Computer_Guy
+54|6714

Camm wrote:

Is it definitely just the fan or could it be the bearings or some other part of it making the noise?
It's probably just the fan but it bothers me that it is soo loud.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+686|6308|Washington St.

pirana6 wrote:

Look Canonical, you're a great company don't get me wrong, but if you want Ubuntu to be a serious consideration in the OS market, have it work well with Windows and OS X. What's more, have it work well with Server 20xx. Why should I have to download 3rd party software to add it to Active Directory and have it fail half the time?
No company is every in the middle of a complete overhaul of their desktops, they move little by little. This means that integration is key. Have Ubuntu be as little of a shift between it and Windows and OS X as possible. Most companies will use a centralized system which means they likely use Active Directory which means it should be an absolute synch to integrate with that. Have some feature in the system settings that allows Ubuntu to join a domain and authenticate over AD. The fact that it takes such a wide range of tweaks to system files is unacceptable if you want to be taken seriously as an enterprise OS.

/rant

time to get drunk
FUCKIN PORTS ON MY FIREWALLS.

I opened and closed so many damn ports trying to figure out which ones and this was after I built a whole new test domain to mimic our production one...
With the fact that there's 3 DC's and each one is in a different data center and each data center has a firewall in front... so many permutations of which works. Finally got it just before I left tonight. Get to spend tomorrow narrowing down which I need.

Now where's my damn beer.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6329

I'd say the fridge would be a good place to start
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+686|6308|Washington St.
The last of my gin caught my eye first. Beer later.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard