Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5793|Catherine Black
So I had always pondered over the specs of the computers in my Computing class. Pretty much anything slightly advanced technically is disabled, so I couldn't use Run to get dxdiag. I had a lightbulb moment today though, I went on Canyourunit.com, and it turns out the computers have E8400s!

!!!

For IE, Word and Powerpoint? What the fuck were they thinking?

On a related note, why is the E8400 only £10 less than the Q?

Last edited by Finray (2009-11-18 12:35:19)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6419|Finland

NVIDIA showed the Tegra with this augmented reality prototype game live at our uni and those who wanted could play it.

Pretty impressive. Outputted the picture directly to a projector.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-11-18 14:36:37)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6726|Ireland | Monaghan

I can't belive how much fail I'm feeling towards www.Komplett.ie at the moment. I RMA'd my P5Q-Pro to them. Since they seen it was faulty they sent me a replacement.... but since they don't stock the P5Q-Pro any more they sent this...

MSI Neo FR P45 which is barely worth half the value of that P5Q-Pro.

Have sent my rape email in reply.

Absolutely no way will I be accepting this motherboard.

I want; either, a replacement of my P5Q-Pro or a refund of my money. My consumer rights will be broken if you do not refund or replace(the exact same motherboard). And if you do not I will have to take matters to a higher authority.

When this motherboard arrives I will keep it unopened, and await for your reply. I am very very disappointed with Komplett on this matter, as I expected a lot better. If there's no chance I can get a replacement, I would accept a P5Q-Turbo/P5Q-Deluxe as a replacement. If not I would like a refund of the sum of €130.50.

Not only have you sent me a cheaper motherboard, which hasn't got the same specs as the P5Q-Pro. Upon searching the internet they seem to be plagued with reliability problems, due in part to the fact MSI aren't known for reliability. The reason I bought the P5Q-Pro was due to it's performance and reliability. Even though in retrospect mine failed.

I would appreciate a reply on this matter ASAP.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6595|Reisterstown, MD

mtb0minime wrote:

How is FiOS btw?

I really want to get fiber optic once I move into my own place, and it seems like the most popular brand/package/whatever, especially if it's got the tv and phone covered as well.
Perhaps the greatest thing since *insert whatever tickles your fancy*.  Seriously, FiOS is pretty good. 
mikkel
+383|6606

mtb0minime wrote:

How is FiOS btw?

I really want to get fiber optic once I move into my own place, and it seems like the most popular brand/package/whatever, especially if it's got the tv and phone covered as well.
I haven't used the FiOS product myself, but I've installed and run trials on PON infrastructures, and it's an absolutely excellent technology. Significantly more fundamentally sound than most other access technologies, particularly cable and DSL.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6600|Toronto-Canada
should I get this?
WD HD TV Live media player
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/produc … riveID=735
I would like to play my downloaded HD movie without burning them on to a disc, if it is  as good as the review said then I'm going for it

also if I get this what else do I need to play my files?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6743|Toronto | Canada

lxcpikiman wrote:

should I get this?
WD HD TV Live media player
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/produc … riveID=735
I would like to play my downloaded HD movie without burning them on to a disc, if it is  as good as the review said then I'm going for it

also if I get this what else do I need to play my files?
Yes!

Its extremely good, I have the older version without DTS decoding which blows but the new one is superb.  Definitely the best option for playing movies on an external drive. I've had no problems whatsoever
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6600|Toronto-Canada
Do i need an external HD where i put my movies and I dont anything else but this?
I would like to have my movies somewhere else than in my PC so I dont have to have my PC on when I play my Hd movies.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

lxcpikiman wrote:

Do i need an external HD where i put my movies and I dont anything else but this?
I would like to have my movies somewhere else than in my PC so I dont have to have my PC on when I play my Hd movies.
Yes, you need an external USB hard drive to plug into the WDTV and then it will display a list of those movies that you can choose from and play.  It works incredibly well
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6600|Toronto-Canada

Winston_Churchill wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

Yes, you need an external USB hard drive to plug into the WDTV and then it will display a list of those movies that you can choose from and play.  It works incredibly well
ok, so I should be downloading straight to my external HD the? so I dont have to tranfer my files once they are downloaded into my external HD.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

lxcpikiman wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

ok, so I should be downloading straight to my external HD the? so I dont have to tranfer my files once they are downloaded into my external HD.
If you are torrenting, no.  Downloading straight to an external, especially for torrenting, isnt recommended.  Just transfer it over once its complete, it only takes a couple minutes
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6600|Toronto-Canada
ok thanks for the help WC!!!!
+1
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6419|Finland

https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4794/img0539d.jpg

Lenovo <3
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6135|Carnoustie MASSIF
Gotta love the random cup with the spoon sitcking out of it. Every desk needs one.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6443|King Of The Islands

Guess what year it was made.

Go on. Guess.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6135|Carnoustie MASSIF

Cheez wrote:

Guess what year it was made.

Go on. Guess.
What year what was made?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6419|Finland

CammRobb wrote:

Gotta love the random cup with the spoon sitcking out of it. Every desk needs one.
Well yeah its kinda obvious that I have shitload of work and school stuff I need to do on PC (coding for example) so coffee mug usually is on my PC table.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-11-21 07:48:57)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

I just traded one of the 1GB DDR2-667 modules in my laptop for one of the 2GB DDR2-667 modules in my mate's laptop

We figured that it's unnecessary for him to have 4GB since he's running 32-bit Windows and only can use 3071MB out of it.

So now we both have 3GB RAM instead of 4 and 2. Fuck yeah.
But I can only use 3070MB ><

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-11-24 02:09:03)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6443|King Of The Islands

One of you chaps running Vista 32-bit wouldn't be able to zip up C:\Windows\servicing\trustedinstaller.exe for me would they?

Everything here's 7 or XP.

<3
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6316

Would you be mad if I zipped it, sent it to you and didn't bother to tell you I'm running 64 bit?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.
So, my 8800GTX was dying, artifacts all over.

Used the oven trick, 200°C for 9 minutes, and it's working perfectly again.

ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Unlocking this fucking Blackberry is proving to be a massive pain in the ass. I bought an unlock code, which didn't work, so they gave me another 6, none of which worked and I've only got 2 attempts left. :S Now they're saying I need to upload some data from the phone so they can send me the right one, so I've gotta buy a BB data cable. Rage.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

Finally got around to buying hosting. Hosting stuff from my home connection isn't exactly ideal.

Not much on it yet, but you can see the status of my folds. Updates every 15 min

linky
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard