tuckergustav
+1,590|5914|...

right...It starts with listing their name again. So I am using their name as the anchor.  Then it goes on to list their info.

I ran it through the www3 html validator because I thought it was not working due to me not closing something out...but it comes back validated...wtf.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

tuckergustav wrote:

code for list of names

Code:

<a name="#lalbert"></a>
code at the paragraph

Code:

<a href="#lalbert">Larry Albert</a>
this may be way off but try that

then link to it using this

Code:

<a href="#lalbert">Larry Albert</a>

Last edited by Dauntless (2011-05-30 19:24:13)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
tuckergustav
+1,590|5914|...

hmmm...well, i got it to work with a completely different way of doing it...

Code:

<a name="lalbert" id="lalbert"></a>Larry Albert</a>
at the paragraph and it links just fine...but it still pisses me off that it won't work the other way(even the way you posted dauntless)...it should...right?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

i just don't know anymore

at least it's working though
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Nicey nice:
Zotac Z68-ITX Been thinking of an overclockable itx gaming build for awhile.
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/zotacz68itx-wifi01-480x376.jpg

Itxgamer wrote:

First up is the Zotac Z68-ITX. This motherboard features two memory slots beside which is boldly printed “DUAL CH DDR3-2133” which is printed just below the “SUPER OVERCLOCKABLE”. Zotac wants to make sure there is no mistake; these Z68 motherboards are ready to be overclocked. In addition to the 16 GB of memory support, the Z68-ITX also features a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot and a mini-PCIe slot with an 802.11n wireless card connected to two external antennas on the rear panel. Gigabit Ethernet is also offered.

Last edited by Nic (2011-05-30 20:16:50)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

Nic wrote:

Nicey nice:
Zotac Z68-ITX Been thinking of an overclockable itx gaming build for awhile.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ … 80x376.jpg

Itxgamer wrote:

First up is the Zotac Z68-ITX. This motherboard features two memory slots beside which is boldly printed “DUAL CH DDR3-2133” which is printed just below the “SUPER OVERCLOCKABLE”. Zotac wants to make sure there is no mistake; these Z68 motherboards are ready to be overclocked. In addition to the 16 GB of memory support, the Z68-ITX also features a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot and a mini-PCIe slot with an 802.11n wireless card connected to two external antennas on the rear panel. Gigabit Ethernet is also offered.
That + watercooling + small case

Loads of performance in a tiny cool silent box
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Well I took off the bottom of my Sony Vaio laptop. It had been getting way too hot lately so I assumed it was a dust problem. After removing the cover I took the stupid risk of vacuuming the dust out (AKA staring a static-electricity death down the eyes) and I covered it up again.

Everything is working but I was only able to remove about half the dust. I'll use compressed air when I can get my hands on it. I'm installed the free version of 3DMark06, because IIRC there's a test you can do that shows temperatures, and that's what worries me. We'll see how that turns out.

On another note, does anybody play Battlefield Heroes? I never had problems running it on high settings and recording high quality with xfire while keeping a good 30FPS, but now the game is extremely slow and the screen turns black on and off (for half a second it goes black then comes back). Does anybody have any idea why that is? I've spent $200 over the past couple years enjoying that game and now I can't play it.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Keep your Vaio elevated on a laptop cooler and level to the ground.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
A laptop cooler?

What about the sudden lack of performance in that game? I stopped playing it for a month, and started playing it after a patch, just thought I'd add that information.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I just read that you were worried about heat. Aside from dust cleaning, Vaios seem particularly prone to overheating. Even mine in its roomy 18.4" screen chassis gets too hot if sitting directly on my lap, a bed, a sofa or even a regular old wood desk. A dual-fan laptop cooler works wonders for its overheating. Keeping it level just helps rotary devices.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I've went through about a half dozen laptop coolers. So has everyone I know that uses them.. pretty much. Those things really aren't build to last. I've tried every brand in the book. Granted I use the hell out of my laptop and am constantly packing it up and unpacking.

But even when they break (the fans stop working) I still keep it on the tray to allow proper circulation.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
In my current living situation I have no desk, and I dislike the kitchen table, so for gaming and browsing I sit my laptop on my lap, however, I put a thin board between the laptop and me to help circulation a bit.

I'll have to try one of those laptop coolers when I get some money.

So, any idea what could be causing my game to run so slowly? My CPU goes up to 100% when I play (I just ran a quick test.) and I never recall playing Heroes and having my CPU that stressed. Even with game booster my CPU still skyrockets. Damn it, $200 bucks into that game.  At least I can play L4D2 and CiV on this thing
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

How much memory do you have in there?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Oh, and to check the temps.. get Speed fan.
www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Thanks Kmar

Well I have a 2.13GHz dual core CPU, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and 1GB Ram for some lousy ATI 5650.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

That sound sufficient. .. something has obviously gone wrong, since you used to play it without a problem. Check the process's to make sure there isn't something eating up your memory. Shut down any unnecessary services. Run the normal spyware scans, Spybot, Malware bytes, hijackthis. Ultimately if that doesn't fix it, and since you've got a couple hundred invested into the game, backup and restore. Back up and reinstall if you hit a complete dead end.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I checked the temps. Just chilling here on BF2s and listening to youtube has my stuff running at 70°C

Damn I miss the PC I built. Wish I could have found a cheap way to bring it to California.

edit: I had completely reformatted my PC earlier. Then tried playing it again and had the same issue.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-05-31 00:14:47)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

yea that's up there. It's not enough to just have something in between you and the lappy. Laptop coolers have a small arch under them so they can breathe from the bottom. If you have to, in the mean time, put a desk fan right next to it. It will help disperse the heat.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

-Sh1fty- wrote:

edit: I had completely reformatted my PC earlier. Then tried playing it again and had the same issue.
Then it sounds like maybe a hardware failure. Run some memory tests.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6775|Moscow, Russia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I checked the temps. Just chilling here on BF2s and listening to youtube has my stuff running at 70°C

Damn I miss the PC I built. Wish I could have found a cheap way to bring it to California.

well, if you are comfortable with taking stuff apart and putting it back together, you may want to disassemble that laptop and clean all the dust from the radiators. changing thermal grease on the cpu (possibly gpu too) may also be a good idea, but, again, you must know what you are doing.

edit: ah, nvm the dust.

Last edited by Shahter (2011-05-31 00:31:17)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Laptops are so tight.. sucks going in them. Changing out hard drives and ram is usually easy. But beyond that..

I guess it depends on the manufacturer too though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6775|Moscow, Russia

Kmar wrote:

Laptops are so tight.. sucks going in them. Changing out hard drives and ram is usually easy. But beyond that..

I guess it depends on the manufacturer too though.
true. but what one man managed to put together another can always take apart . but, as i said, one must know what he's doing.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Shit, I can take anything apart..lol. Putting it meticulously back together might be beyond my skill though. I usually end up with extra screws and strange sounds.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6775|Moscow, Russia
a bit of friendly advice: take you phone and photo the way it's been together before you unscrew anything .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

And sort them as you take things off (this goes with the cover, this goes with the drive, etc). Don't just through it all in a baggy or pile. For me I think it's a patience issue. When I'm putting things back it feels like more of a chore so I speed through it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard