­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
rofl jersey shore
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
I find it entertaining.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Was that the point of the picture? Or did I not look enough?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

i think it was that he was downloading at 11.1MB/s or something like that
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
yes that.

basically unheard of in canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

i can do it

i found a way around bandwidth caps at res haha
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Finally got around to doing the HD595 mod to my HD555s. Glad I did
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
I'm looking at new monitors...is there any real discernable difference between 8/5/2 ms response times?  All seem like they would be fast enough that the human eye wouldn't notice a difference.

And are those 2 ms response times basically only achieved during gray-to-gray transitions?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mikkel
+383|6601

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I'm looking at new monitors...is there any real discernable difference between 8/5/2 ms response times?  All seem like they would be fast enough that the human eye wouldn't notice a difference.

And are those 2 ms response times basically only achieved during gray-to-gray transitions?
Of course the human eye can notice a difference, and yes, the difference can be very visible. Response time, and to a (sometimes) lesser degree input lag are important things to look for if you're buying a monitor with the intention of playing games on it. Don't just take the number for granted, though; you will typically notice different levels of ghosting between monitors with the same labeled response time, even for 2 ms and 5 ms monitors. Beyond that, the colour representation, the backlighting, the calibration options and several other elements play just as big a part in determining whether or not a monitor is any good.

There are a few sites that do very thorough reviews of monitors, and you'd be best off browsing through their articles, and finding something that works for you. Don't settle for 4-5 page reviews and user feedback on product pages.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

SyncToy is killing me. anyone using something similar? i'm trying to synchronize my "photo" folder between two drives, one's going back into my server . . .

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/synctoy.PNG

Last edited by burnzz (2011-03-12 15:15:41)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Jesus, iPhone gets daylight saving wrong again...
http://mashable.com/2011/03/13/verizon- … +Mashable+(Mashable)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

mikkel wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Of course the human eye can notice a difference, and yes, the difference can be very visible. Response time, and to a (sometimes) lesser degree input lag are important things to look for if you're buying a monitor with the intention of playing games on it. Don't just take the number for granted, though; you will typically notice different levels of ghosting between monitors with the same labeled response time, even for 2 ms and 5 ms monitors. Beyond that, the colour representation, the backlighting, the calibration options and several other elements play just as big a part in determining whether or not a monitor is any good.

There are a few sites that do very thorough reviews of monitors, and you'd be best off browsing through their articles, and finding something that works for you. Don't settle for 4-5 page reviews and user feedback on product pages.
TL;DR: Buy a Samsung.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
mikkel
+383|6601

Cheez wrote:

mikkel wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Please don't.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Buy a Dell Ultrasharp
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4968|Dundee, Scotland.

mikkel wrote:

Cheez wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Please don't.
pray tell why?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
Samsungs are a good, safe plan for the average consumer, eg someone who has to ask if there's a noticeable difference between 2 5 and 8ms.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
A bit disappointing, the "750GB WD My Passport" that I bought my brother is broken after only 6 months. I am pleased with their 3 year warranty though.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

The new line of passports are notoriously bad.  I have one of their older line thats lasted over 3 years already and been through plenty of abuse
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

whew, just looked at the box, and it's a mybook essential. has a usb 3 connector.

you guys had me worried for a moment . . .
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya

Winston_Churchill wrote:

The new line of passports are notoriously bad.  I have one of their older line thats lasted over 3 years already and been through plenty of abuse
I have one of their older ones as well and it has been going well for 2+ years
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653

Finray wrote:

Samsungs are a good, safe plan for the average consumer, eg someone who has to ask if there's a noticeable difference between 2 5 and 8ms.
I haven't owned monitors featuring all 3 refresh rates.  In the past 6 years the two monitors I've used were 8 and 5 ms, respectively.  And I can't exactly queue up Bad Company 2 on the local Microcenter's displays to see if there's ghosting...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
crap i have 3 passports.. one is a lil smashed in but they all work

/
also i have not installed the software included.. just plug and play em

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-03-13 23:19:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard