FloppY_
­
+1,010|6300|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Microsoft/Windows_7_SP_1_Graphics_Performance/17.html

No performance increase for games.
eh... why would there be any?
You don't want better performance? There have been considerable improvements in previous OS service packs.
Sure I do.. but I'd rather have them focus on bugs for the first tbh...

XP SP3 brought a 10% increase didn't it?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Benzin
+576|6013
Installed SP1 last night, but had a helluva time doing it since I was running a dual-boot system.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5975|Places 'n such
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/32093/usblock.jpg
want
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5713
stupid
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5802|Catherine Black
Stupid.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­
It's a funny little piece of design imo...

Didn't think it was more than that tho'?
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6727|US
I think the funny part would be when the idiot that actually bought the thing takes it home, 'unlocks' it, and then tries to plug it in.

The lock ring would still be in the way.
FloppY_
­

Tdog2007 wrote:

I think the funny part would be when the idiot that actually bought the thing takes it home, 'unlocks' it, and then tries to plug it in.

Do you seriously think they haven't considered that and made the ring go OFF rather than swivel over?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6673|BC, Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Tdog2007 wrote:

Do you seriously think they haven't considered that and made the ring go OFF rather than swivel over?
obviously he does
FloppY_
­

Nic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Tdog2007 wrote:

obviously he does
I was just hoping it was a bad attempt at trolling
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6727|US
si

/fail
FloppY_
­
Considering replacing the old Tube-tv + DVD player with

Samsung LE32C655
https://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2041/811523.jpg
Samsung BD-C5300
https://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1035/797905.jpg

The Blu-Ray player is ~half the price of a 160GB PS3 slim.. I can't deside if I want a PS3 instead or not...

I prefer games on PC, but Tekken Tag 2 & driving games interest me on PS3 abit... (My last console (N64) I ended up with 1 controller & 3 games, which was kinda meh)

EDIT: Though since I live 25km from a Blockbuster, I guess I can rent games for the PS3...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-26 10:30:18)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6535|Austin, Texas
So I spilled some coffee on my g11 keyboard not too long ago.. unplugged, washed, let dry.

Everything works fine except my 'n' and spacebar key. Is there any further poking or prodding that I can do to try and get these two keys working? I popped them off and tried to clean a bit inside of them, it didn't do much.

I'm about to take the back casing off. Is there any sort of cleaning or something that I should do around those areas?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6753|Toronto | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

EDIT: Though since I live 25km from a Blockbuster, I guess I can rent games for the PS3...
Thats close?   Theres at least 20 game rental places within 25km of me

I'd get the new TV for sure.  Do you actually rent blu-rays/dvds? I dont really have a use for one...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6535|Austin, Texas

Bevo wrote:

So I spilled some coffee on my g11 keyboard not too long ago.. unplugged, washed, let dry.

Everything works fine except my 'n' and spacebar key. Is there any further poking or prodding that I can do to try and get these two keys working? I popped them off and tried to clean a bit inside of them, it didn't do much.

I'm about to take the back casing off. Is there any sort of cleaning or something that I should do around those areas?
In case anyone was curious... this is about all that comprises of a keyboard

https://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1453/ui2ika8751bd7f6viewattt.jpg

A thin plastic film with 2 main layers that send signals through ribbon cables.

https://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1453/ui2ika8751bd7f6viewattt.jpg

not much thicker than a piece of paper. Just tap on it and electrical signals are sent into a little pc board and through the usb cable.

Last edited by Bevo (2011-02-26 18:17:47)

FloppY_
­

Winston_Churchill wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Thats close?   Theres at least 20 game rental places within 25km of me

I'd get the new TV for sure.  Do you actually rent blu-rays/dvds? I dont really have a use for one...
Meh I now have some 4-5 bluray movies I've bought (I don't see a reason to buy DVD's these days) and I can't see them thanks to not having a player

Don't really rent movies tbh...
ive got one of those samsung tvs, it's very nice. instead of a blueray player perhaps you should buy a ps3
or send me your movies.. wait what are they?

little big planet 2 rules

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-02-26 20:00:24)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

I dont really know prices of stuff where you are... but I'd recommend looking into a small htpc with a bluray drive.  Theyre fairly cheap now and if you threw XBMC on there it would blow any ps3 or bluray player out of the water.  plus could play anything you had
FloppY_
­

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

ive got one of those samsung tvs, it's very nice. instead of a blueray player perhaps you should buy a ps3

Read the above post, I'm trying to choose between BluRay player & PS3

Avatar, Hitchikers Guide..., V for Vendetta... Buying Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead & Underworld 1 & 2 soon aswell...

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I don't really know prices of stuff where you are... but I'd recommend looking into a small htpc with a bluray drive.  Theyre fairly cheap now and if you threw XBMC on there it would blow any ps3 or bluray player out of the water.  plus could play anything you had
I'm going to hook my PC up with the TV anyway, so a HTPC is redundant and unnecessary...

Not to mention a HTPC being twice the cost of a PS3 which is already twice the cost of a BluRay player

XBMC?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-26 20:32:18)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6467|The Twilight Zone

FloppY_ wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Avatar, Hitchikers Guide..., V for Vendetta... Buying Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead & Underworld 1 & 2 soon aswell...

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I don't really know prices of stuff where you are... but I'd recommend looking into a small htpc with a bluray drive.  Theyre fairly cheap now and if you threw XBMC on there it would blow any ps3 or bluray player out of the water.  plus could play anything you had
I'm going to hook my PC up with the TV anyway, so a HTPC is redundant and unnecessary...

Not to mention a HTPC being twice the cost of a PS3 which is already twice the cost of a BluRay player

XBMC?
when I bought a PS3 it was half the price of the cheapest BluRay player. And the total cost of my HTPC build was half that of the PS3. I know its different now but that's how it was back in the days...

Last edited by .Sup (2011-02-27 07:27:36)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6485

Bevo wrote:

exact same thing happened to my g15...

spacebar and n are problematic... so is the s key... and occasionally, after being plugged in for about 10-15 minutes, the CTRL will stick.

no rescue.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

FloppY_ wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

XBMC?
you could definitely build one for far less than twice the cost of a ps3...

and look up XBMC, its fantastic for organizing movies and providing a sleek interface for HTPCs.  and if youre going to hook up your pc, why not just get an external (or internal) blu-ray drive for your computer?  then you can use XBMC
FloppY_
­

.Sup wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

XBMC?
when I bought a PS3 it was half the price of the cheapest BluRay player. And the total cost of my HTPC build was half that of the PS3. I know its different now but that's how it was back in the days...
Well, the past is the past
FloppY_
­
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ~ $250
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/27/oczs … ce-sf-228/

Looking good
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6581|NYC / Hamburg

XBMC is awesome
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard