alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Uzique wrote:

yeah i also turned the sound to just onboard and they still crackle

the thing is i thought i ruled out individual speakers being damaged, because the crackle would 'switch' from one speaker to another

now im not so sure... perhaps the control-pod module is borked and is just firing out shit to each speaker?

headfuck
So its not the sound cards? Then yes, either the cables are bad or your control pod is bad.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

LoL - i went to install windows, and the disc had the ISO on it. . .
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

burnzz wrote:

LoL - i went to install windows, and the disc had the ISO on it. . .
Fail. gj burnzz.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

alexb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

yeah i also turned the sound to just onboard and they still crackle

the thing is i thought i ruled out individual speakers being damaged, because the crackle would 'switch' from one speaker to another

now im not so sure... perhaps the control-pod module is borked and is just firing out shit to each speaker?

headfuck
So its not the sound cards? Then yes, either the cables are bad or your control pod is bad.
I don't think it's the cables because of the crackle switching speakers...

So control pod it is.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
So, WD 300GB raptors are 99.99 on newegg w/ free shipping... thing I should get another one and raid it with my current 300gb raptor? I need a few yesses before i splurge.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such

SonderKommando wrote:

So, WD 300GB raptors are 99.99 on newegg w/ free shipping... thing I should get another one and raid it with my current 300gb raptor? I need a few yesses before i splurge.
yes
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
SonderKommando
done
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such
Pleasure doing business with you
SonderKommando
yup.  Should be interesting to have this in a stripe array.  My buddy just striped two 64gb SSD's kinda wanna see how close the benches will be.
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

SonderKommando wrote:

yup.  Should be interesting to have this in a stripe array.  My buddy just striped two 64gb SSD's kinda wanna see how close the benches will be.
My guess is not close at all.
SonderKommando

alexb wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yea, i know.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-12-01 10:26:04)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
so fucking annoying if it is the control pod that has gone... guess i'll have to test with some friend's speakers or something to properly rule out my mobo/drivers. i'll ask a housemate later tonight. real pain in the ass... haha, literally every piece of hardware i own has failed in the last month. complete desktop replacement, monitor died, now speakers? fuck this. fuck this.

edit: if i switch around the cables/ports on the 'buzzing' channel, i.e. if i swap around rear left speaker and rear right speaker... the crackle just follows the channel. so if my rear-left speaker is crackling and i swap the channels around with the rear-right, the rear-right speaker then starts to crackle. definitely not the individual speakers that are broken, then. so i'm guessing it's either some sort of static-crap noise to do with my sound-card, or my control pod failing? the shittiest thing is that by installing that Daniel_K driver pack, i've lost my creative console, and so now i can't adjust individual speaker levels... utter shite.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-12-01 11:28:28)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i still think there may possibly be something wrong with my mobo drivers, incl. possibly the onboard audio drivers i'm using.

that and creative say the static problem with their cards is caused by mobo memory management, particularly > 4Gb

i just plugged my ipod into its usual USB dock and got a message 'this device would run faster if it was usb 2.0' <-- what? it is!

something isn't quite right...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such

SonderKommando wrote:

alexb wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yea, i know.
still, you get an extra 472 gb... and its not like its going to be slow.
SonderKommando

presidentsheep wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

alexb wrote:

yea, i know.
still, you get an extra 472 gb... and its not like its going to be slow.
Hes been such a dick since he built his new rig.  Its freaking nice 950 @ 3.6, 64GB SSD Raid 0, 12GB DDR3, GTX580 on a Asus Rampage x58.  Hes got twice the ram as me and the processer is 200mhz faster... and the 580... bastard.  I need to augment my e-weiner, ya know?
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such
Sorted my cooling problems out, kinda.
Had to take my pc apart to get my HDD out anyway, so I dusted the CPU fan off, reapplied some of the shitty thermal paste I have and screwed it back on nice and tight. Now idles at 42C, which is higher than I'd like but a lot more acceptable. Might invest in better paste and another fan when I actually have money... which won't be till January, but it's ok for now.
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Uzique wrote:

i still think there may possibly be something wrong with my mobo drivers, incl. possibly the onboard audio drivers i'm using.

that and creative say the static problem with their cards is caused by mobo memory management, particularly > 4Gb

i just plugged my ipod into its usual USB dock and got a message 'this device would run faster if it was usb 2.0' <-- what? it is!

something isn't quite right...
That 4GB issue was with certain nForce motherboards if I'm not mistaken. I have a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music which is almost the same exact thing as the Xtreme Gamer, (Gamer is a remodel off of the Music) and I've had it work flawlessly with two different mobos that both had 4GB of RAM on each. There's no way that both your onboard and Creative card are making the same noise. To me it sounds like your wiring or your control pod.

Also, Windows 7 automatically installs the USB drivers, but go ahead and install this and see if it makes any difference.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … p;lang=eng

Last edited by alexb (2010-12-01 14:49:12)

Benzin
+576|6000

presidentsheep wrote:

Had to take my pc apart to get my HDD out anyway, so I dusted the CPU fan off, reapplied some of the shitty thermal paste I have and screwed it back on nice and tight. Now idles at 42C, which is higher than I'd like but a lot more acceptable. Might invest in better paste and another fan when I actually have money... which won't be till January, but it's ok for now.
Wow. My 1055T with a Freezer 7 Pro (using the paste it comes with) idles at 14°C...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Wow. My 1055T with a Freezer 7 Pro (using the paste it comes with) idles at 14°C...
um

wat

your CPU is cooler than room temperature? uh.. huh.

Last edited by Bevo (2010-12-01 23:18:05)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
Maybe it's just cold in his room.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Phenom 2 sensors are over 10c off in idle. His real idle temps are over 25c.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

lol
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

My Phenom II doesn't idle that low.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.

Finray wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

lol
Is this a case of Panz coming across something better than what he has so he has to belittle it/the user in some way?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Camm wrote:

Finray wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

lol
Is this a case of Panz coming across something better than what he has so he has to belittle it/the user in some way?
AMD document
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q … qSziltgIMw

https://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv4/wuttzi/ER319.png

e: and lol you must be desperate trying to find ways to bash me

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-12-02 07:27:40)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard