nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5679|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Nick, most Pentium Ds are actually reasonably powerful, the 65nm versions even are reasonably efficient. Just get rid of all the garbage and shitware you've got installed, and I'm sure that computer will be fine.

...or, of course, you could buy your own computer. Saving up $500 is not hard.
I have roughly $700 in the bank, I had ~$1800, but I had to pay for National Jamboree, which I really didn't want to go to that much.  I intend to pay for most of my computer my self, and I could pay for all of it if I had the $700 from when my parents returned the PS3 my grandma gave me as a birthday present a couple years ago, and if my parents didn't always take about half of the money I get for my birthday and Christmas from my grandma every year. What I want to get is roughly $1200-1400, as I'd like a new monitor.

The problem for me is that I can't buy anything, let alone $500-1000 of computer hardware, without my parents making my life a living hell... I got yelled at earlier for paying 99 cents for a song on iTunes...  The most likely possibility for me to get a job would be to mow lawns, but almost half my neighbors have those damn plastic lawns or no lawn at all.  My parents are fucking nuts anyway, I've never been able to go anywhere or do anything without them(mostly mom) hovering around, as my mom gets off work before I even get out of school.  My entire life has been spent running back and forth on freeways to take my grandma to the doctor and going to other shit all over Orange and LA counties, it's really lame.  I basically have no friends any more, since I switched schools last year, and the people I had gone to school with since Kindergarten basically acted like I fell off the face of the earth because I didn't go to a local school anymore, and I'd need a 40 minute round trip ride to get to any of there homes to hang out, and they gave up a long time ago trying to see if I could come over, because my mom would always say no, and I/we would get screamed at if I came over anyway when my friend used to live not far away(within walking distance).  I don't even have my permit to learn how to drive because my parents don't want the extra insurance costs(about $50-100/year, iirc).  If I could drive, I might be able to do something on my own, as we have a couple cars hardly ever used.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6759|Devon, England
How old are you?

Bet you can't wait to get away from that shit.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6721
Your parents are horrible
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6514|Amsterdam‫
i feel for you man
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6265|Winland

FFLink wrote:

How old are you?

In before

nickb54 wrote:

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
nickb64

FFLink wrote:

How old are you?

17, 18 in 9 months.

I can't wait until I'm done with HS and get the hell away from here.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6198|Carnoustie MASSIF
Holy shit man... Now I understand. Why did your parents take back the ps3?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6340
Seriously nick, why do you put up with this crap? Since you realize your parents are being pricks, why don't you do something to change that... talk to them, or something
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6265|Winland

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Seriously nick, why do you put up with this crap? Since you realize your parents are being pricks, why don't you do something to change that... talk to them, or something
This. Stop being emo and do something about it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
nickb64

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

I've tried...

Nothing good comes of it.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6688|Mhz

Personally I'd be tempted to leave this page open and go do something for a little while, let them read for themselves how shit a job they're doing.  If I were them and read your post I'd feel pretty fucking bad about myself.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6198|Carnoustie MASSIF

nickb64 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

I've tried...

Nothing good comes of it.
did they really take the ps3 and not give you the money for it?
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

Is this safe? Also, look @ the max recorded temps.

https://i25.tinypic.com/28wmhjb.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6565

looks a little hot to me - overclocked?
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

burnzz wrote:

looks a little hot to me - overclocked?
Indeed (check the screenshot), I'm stressing it with LinX (the most brutal stress testing app EVER, in general occasions, my temps should never reach that high.).
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6565

i didn't know what stock is with a e7200.
if you're stress testing, i doubt you'd hit that with regular usage.
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

burnzz wrote:

i didn't know what stock is with a e7200.
if you're stress testing, i doubt you'd hit that with regular usage.
The e7200 is 2.53Ghz stock, and I can get it stable at 3.16Ghz with 1.225 Vcore in the BIOS, but to get to 3.5Ghz I need 1.4 Vcore in the BIOS; the thing I hate about my mobo is the extreme Vdroop under stress.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6265|Winland

80°C under Linx is fine. Mine goes that high, too. But you should really mess around a bit with other voltages around the CPU (PLL, VTT, etc) a bit to see if you can drop Vcore a little. You should see better temperatures that way.
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

80°C under Linx is fine. Mine goes that high, too. But you should really mess around a bit with other voltages around the CPU (PLL, VTT, etc) a bit to see if you can drop Vcore a little. You should see better temperatures that way.
I'm not sure if my mobo has those settings? I have all other voltage settings at default except RAM @ 1.9v. Since my RAM isn't stable at anything over 1000mhz, should I just leave it at 923mhz (multi of 2.5)?

Last edited by alexb (2010-07-18 16:45:22)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6265|Winland

That's fine. Your CPU won't see much improvement beyond 667/4-4-4-12 anyhow.
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

That's fine. Your CPU won't see much improvement beyond 667/4-4-4-12 anyhow.
The timings stock are 5-5-5-15, but I have it auto set to 5-6-6-18, thats okay too, right?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6265|Winland

Well, in my opinion you should drop back to stock speed and 5-5-5-15, or perhaps even push for 4-4-4-12. In my experience, that usually works out better than ultra-high frequency with slow timings.
alexb
<3
+590|6008|Kentucky, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well, in my opinion you should drop back to stock speed and 5-5-5-15, or perhaps even push for 4-4-4-12. In my experience, that usually works out better than ultra-high frequency with slow timings.
I couldn't find an appropriate RAM Divider to get it back to 800mhz because of my odd FSB number.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6380

So apparently my CPU doesn't like to be overclocked. alexb was trying to walk me through changing the multiplier and vcore (I've never OC'd before) and nothing was stable with FSB at 200MHz and multiplier at 15. Tried voltages from 1.25-1.35 I'm not sure I want to go over that

Back at default for now.

Athlon 64 FX-62 @ 2.8GHz
Corsair XMS2 4x1GB 800MHz (5-5-5-18)
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo

I'd appreciate any suggestions/alternatives to what I'm doing.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6265|Winland

Isn't the M2N Nforce 5 based? Those never go above 200MHz FSB.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard