mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6771|Sydney, Australia
:p
mikkel
+383|6650
It's thoroughly enjoyable observing all of this predictable buzz about the new iPhone OS release. Prior to this update, when the iPhone was lacking multitasking, it was continually argued to be an unnecessary feature. Now all of the devices which won't have multitasking enabled are being seen as being significantly inferior.

I know that this sorta stuff happens wherever there are irrational worshippers, but those amongst the Apple crowd really have perfected it. It's hilarious.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6788|Toronto | Canada

Wow these iPads are total fail.  I'm setting 2 up for people at my company and the only way to pay their monthly bills is via credit card.  Its impossible to pay for them by billing. And since we have no credit card attached to our company = returned product.

Complete and utter fail.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6771|Sydney, Australia

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Wow, the company that provides 3G service for my company's iPads will only do it by credit card.

Complete and utter fail.
/fixed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6650|132 and Bush

I need some good ear buds that are >$60.

Tell me why.

I'm actually thinking about these if I can get a good price on them
http://reviews.cnet.com/klipsch-image-s … 72057.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

mcminty wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Wow, the company that provides 3G service for my company's iPads will only do it by credit card.

Complete and utter fail.
/fixed.
And guess whose product it is?  Theyre the one that chose exclusivity with the one company and the ones that forced these shitty contracts upon us. 

It is an iPad only plan.  Everything else about the company is fine except this one shitty product since Apple determines how they sell it.

Also, its a very sleek, beautiful product.  The IPS screen is sexy and its very fun to use.  My biggest problem with it (other than their shitty service) is that its kinda hard to type on.  Since the back is so smooth it slides around when you type and its pretty annoying.  I can type 10x faster with my laptop on my lap (like I am now) and almost as fast on my touchscreen phone
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5660|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
@ the mall while mom & sis buy air freshener, and what network do I see while on Staples' WiFi

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/44772/lol%20network%20name.jpg

@Home1337 

alexb
<3
+590|5989|Kentucky, USA

I'm about to try to softmod my old Live! 24 bit card into an Xtreme Audio.
alexb
<3
+590|5989|Kentucky, USA

https://i48.tinypic.com/zlajkl.jpg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6247|Winland

Learn to use the awesome that is kX drivers.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
alexb
<3
+590|5989|Kentucky, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Unfortunately, the kX drivers don't support the Live! 24-bit chips because

FAQ wrote:

Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit and Audigy LS are incompatible with kX, since they do not use the 10kX chips.
I used the Daniel K drivers.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6676|UK
"if you'd purchased 3 shares of Apple stock in June 2008 instead of an iPhone 16G 3G, you could afford a 16GB iPhone 4 AND an iPad today."

hehe
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6247|Winland

https://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FF_CCSa1F/bsoc.jpg

I wonder if it was on purpose they made this look like a blue screen of death...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6335|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Freezer7Pro wrote:

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/ … F/bsoc.jpg

I wonder if it was on purpose they made this look like a blue screen of death...
ASUS cheaptop: It will bluecreen even without windows!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6702

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I've got an audigy 4 on W7, is it worth installing those drivers?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6247|Winland

Lucien wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I'd use kX drivers on every sound card I own if I only could.

They're a marvel of engineering.
alexb
<3
+590|5989|Kentucky, USA

Lucien wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

The kX or Daniel K drivers are both amazing, I'd recommend either one.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6676|UK
.xxx tld approved, heh
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6495|Amsterdam‫

liquidat0r wrote:

.xxx tld approved, heh
nice for partent bock programs, just bock *.xxx

and my pc is finally back in its case after living 2 weeks outside of it
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
alexb
<3
+590|5989|Kentucky, USA

Unfortunately, the Bass Boost function does not properly work, so I went back to my Realtek HD with the Microsoft Drivers.
nickb64
Like half the webpages I try to visit are not loading... wtf

I can't even check my hotmail account...

Any suggestions

I'm on AT&T DSL atm

Also: should we consider switching to a Phone, Internet, and TV bundle from Time Warner Cable?

edit: basically only facebook and Bf2s work, along with some others, Google and such as well

hotmail, tested.com, and many others don't work

I have tried chrome, opera, safari, and firefox. All are experiencing the problem, on both Win7 x64 laptop and WinXP x86 desktop

https://www.speedtest.net/result/861407689.png

my internet speeds have basically been cut as well, apparently, as I was getting ~2.5 down/.5 up a couple weeks ago when I last checked

Last edited by nickb64 (2010-06-27 14:11:11)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Change to OpenDNS or Google's DNS?
nickb64

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Change to OpenDNS or Google's DNS?
I'm already on OpenDNS afaik

and

right? for OpenDNS

should I try changing to google DNS?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6698

I've been trying out Opera in an attempt to solve my YouTube problems. I really like it, the interface is brilliant; so much nicer than FF. I can get used to a lot of the ways it does things differently, but the lack of addons - in the Firefox sense - is annoying. Also things like I can't add a picture to the Speeddial tiles. It's just not very customisable, or at least that's how it seems. The browser itself is great though, but I'm not sure that I can get rid of so many things that I've grown accustomed to having.

EDIT: Also, I think having to physically go into a text file and add any adblock settings I want is ridiculous. It's like the motherfucking 1930's or something. This shit should be integrated into the browser. The settings you can find on the internet work fine, but as soon as you go to a slightly lesser well known site/advertiser, all the ads are back and you've gotta hunt down the fucking text file - which naturally is in a really obscure place - and copy paste part of the image URL in. It's crazy. How the hell do other people deal with this?

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-06-27 14:52:14)

nickb64
still having the problem using google DNS

chrome after trying to login to hotmail wrote:

Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.
is there any way to fix this?

edit: I reset the router thing, and pages now load, but speeds are still miserable
https://www.speedtest.net/result/861543836.png

Last edited by nickb64 (2010-06-27 18:09:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard