Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5749|Catherine Black
The Tech EE Chat

Chat about everything and anything you find oh so sexy in the tech world...
Ask questions, make suggestions, share!
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6316|England - Kent
The LHC - what the hell is happening with that thing anyway???
Brasso
+1,549|6591

ram is cool
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6582|London, England

haffeysucks wrote:

ram is cool
No it's not I wholeheartedly disagree with you good sir
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6588|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

ram is cool
Depends if you have cooling on your RAM, I suppose
aimless
+166|6086|Texas
I'd like to upgrade my computer, I have about $200 to spend at the moment. What should I get?

E6750 (overclocked to 3.4)
Gigabyte P35-DS3L
9800GT
575w psu
X-Fi Gamer
keyboard

Was thinking maybe a new psu since mine only has one sata cable and is horrendously loud. I'd want it to be as quiet as possible. Or a new keyboard since mine's 7 years old.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

aimless wrote:

Or a new keyboard since mine's 7 years old.
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebP … ce=froogle

fapfapfapfapfap
mikkel
+383|6562

aimless wrote:

I'd like to upgrade my computer, I have about $200 to spend at the moment. What should I get?

Gigabyte P35-DS3L
9800GT
575w psu
X-Fi Gamer
keyboard

Was thinking maybe a new psu since mine only has one sata cable and is horrendously loud. I'd want it to be as quiet as possible. Or a new keyboard since mine's 7 years old.
Yeah, if you're going for a quiet computer, get a new keyboard.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6375|Finland

aimless wrote:

Gigabyte P35-DS3L
9800GT
575w psu
X-Fi Gamer
keyboard

Enermax Modu82+ 525w and new keyboard (dunno what kinda keyboard you like).
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6414|The Twilight Zone
I like the idea. Lets not make it a spam thread
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6528|NYC / Hamburg

The cheap fix would be to just replace the fan in the PSU
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5445|Bolingbrook, Illinois

max wrote:

The cheap fix would be to just replace the fan in the PSU
omg ure back
bf2gammer
+14|6181

xRBLx wrote:

http://www.lhc.ac.uk/latest-news.html

they finished putting in the last replacement magnets and finished all the repairs. They plan to start it up in autumn
TravisC555
+118|6180|Cox Convention Center, OK
Why do nvidia drivers disable dualview (at least mine did) making me change it in the registry to get it to work.
/rant
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6528|NYC / Hamburg

TravisC555 wrote:

Why do nvidia drivers disable dualview (at least mine did) making me change it in the registry to get it to work.
/rant
Why does updating the kernel on my GTX295 box always brick the nvidia driver module? It's always such a pain to get it running again from the command line.
/rant
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6429

bf2gammer wrote:

xRBLx wrote:

http://www.lhc.ac.uk/latest-news.html

they finished putting in the last replacement magnets and finished all the repairs. They plan to start it up in autumn
Only "test runs". It won't be full power.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6615

A 32-bit OS can only uses 32 bits of your data bus, right?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6407|Chicago, IL
How would i go about replacing my shitty old motherboard with a nice one with vista, i'm fairly sure it'll throw a fit if I just swap them, even with the new drivers installed.  I've heard that Xp can reinstall itself, has anyone done this with vista?  (note:  vista came pre-installed, so there's no product key that I know of)
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6406|EE Chat

S.Lythberg wrote:

How would i go about replacing my shitty old motherboard with a nice one with vista, i'm fairly sure it'll throw a fit if I just swap them, even with the new drivers installed.  I've heard that Xp can reinstall itself, has anyone done this with vista?  (note:  vista came pre-installed, so there's no product key that I know of)
7 tbh
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6158|Winland

S.Lythberg wrote:

You can't install OEM Vista on a new mobo.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6407|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

That's what I thought

I'll have to look for a deal on 7 then
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6561|132 and Bush

This stays open so long as people don't abuse. Stick to tech related post.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6561|132 and Bush

My left shift key works with every letter but W. My right shift key works with every letter including W. Very odd.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Kmarion wrote:

My left shift key works with every letter but W. My right shift key works with every letter including W. Very odd.
Both shifts + all letterz pl0x.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6375|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

TBH, that depends on the OEM Vista. Mine has seen 5 different motherboards.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard