Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

A Kansas man faces life in prison after pleading guilty Wednesday to raping his 10-year-old stepdaughter and setting her on fire, local media reports.

Newberry faces at least 25 years in prison for rape and another 14 years for attempted murder, the Eagle reported.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar … wn784VNrwg
Why would nearly killing a person net you less time than raping someone? Both are harsh crimes but shouldn't the attempted murder be equal to or greater than the rape charge?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

the mental stability is harder to recover from rape then attempted murder

needs to be as equal

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2009-09-23 23:13:02)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

"Attempted" murder is worse than attempted rape.

But he did rape.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
In most cases, women would find it more traumatic to be raped than to be a victim of an attempted murder.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
I think it has to do with the fact that the punishment for Rape is somewhat set in stone because it usually involve the same circumstances where as attempted murder can be anything from stabbing a guy a few times to setting him on fire.

I don't really know how to reason it properly, but either way he is going to jail for a long time.
TrueMusou
+36|6160|United States Of Hamerica
Holy shit...I feel absolutely disgusted that this is something a human being is capable of. I feel sorry for the girl...living her life is literally gonna be a nightmare at this point. I'd hate to say this...but I think she would be better off dead after this. I wouldn't be able to cope after such a traumatic ordeal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

Hakei wrote:

In most cases, women would find it more traumatic to be raped than to be a victim of an attempted murder.
I've seen surveys where many women would prefer to be assaulted and suffer serious disfigurement  - eg a major scar on the face - than be raped.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-24 01:05:04)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
the real question is why the fucuk don't they jsut shoot him and be odne iwht it

christ 'wer e a nation of foucking pussies
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

TrueMusou wrote:

Holy shit...I feel absolutely disgusted that this is something a human being is capable of. I feel sorry for the girl...living her life is literally gonna be a nightmare at this point. I'd hate to say this...but I think she would be better off dead after this. I wouldn't be able to cope after such a traumatic ordeal.
No offence, but harden the fuck up. And no, they wouldn't be better of dead.

Hakei wrote:

You know this because?
[ ] Experience (victim)
[ ] Experience (perpetrator)
[ ] You're a women.
[ ] You're a qualified councillor
[ ] You're full of shit and just make assumptions about shit you know nothing about.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

the last one for me. assumptions rule, i mean srsly.
they are the shortcut to anyone's argument, they re-affirm one's position and allow
you to be lazy. sit on the right or left, sqwak the talking points and bingo! if you're not right
you are certainly left. that is all that matters today - fuck your feelings, fuck your beliefs, go
with the flow, pick a side and harmonize with the trendy talking head for your side!
Ticia
+73|5334
In this case like AussieReaper mentioned the key word is attempted.

As for rape getting the same penal treatment as murder i never saw that before. The stigma of a rapist is a lot worse than of a murderer though maybe because at times there are valid reasons to kill someone but rape is just always wrong.

Oh and being a woman i do feel it would be more traumatic to be raped than to be almost killed unless i would get physically incapacitated or something like that.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Macbeth wrote:

A Kansas man faces life in prison after pleading guilty Wednesday to raping his 10-year-old stepdaughter and setting her on fire, local media reports.

Newberry faces at least 25 years in prison for rape and another 14 years for attempted murder, the Eagle reported.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar … wn784VNrwg
Why would nearly killing a person net you less time than raping someone? Both are harsh crimes but shouldn't the attempted murder be equal to or greater than the rape charge?
Child molestation bro. Harsher crime. But yeah why isn't murder higher though =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6342|California

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

the real question is why the fucuk don't they jsut shoot him and be odne iwht it

I consider it a lot worse to rot in prison for the rest of your life than to be killed. To be honest, I think we put too much emphasis on death nowadays. That's getting off easy imo.

It's kind of like the murder vs rape debate. It's much less traumatic to suffer injury then to live with being raped for the rest of your life.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
consider it a lot worse to rot in prison for the rest of your life than to be killed.
Me too, another reason I don't support the death penalty - its too lenient.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Dilbert_X wrote:

consider it a lot worse to rot in prison for the rest of your life than to be killed.
Me too, another reason I don't support the death penalty - its too lenient.
Yeah especially if you raped a little girl. You will be fucked. Well rapists get fucked anyways. Literally.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

Yeah especially if you raped a little girl. You will be fucked. Well rapists get fucked anyways. Literally.
I don't particularly agree with that, they might enjoy it, let them break rocks until the day they die.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I consider it a lot worse to rot in prison for the rest of your life than to be killed. To be honest, I think we put too much emphasis on death nowadays. That's getting off easy imo.

It's kind of like the murder vs rape debate. It's much less traumatic to suffer injury then to live with being raped for the rest of your life.
39 years is hardly the "rest of your life" especially when they usually get let out early for "good behavior"

also, christ I type like shit when I'm drunk.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399
stupid question.  stop making threads.

ATTEMPTED.  l2dictionary
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
Maybe the fact the girl is TEN might have influenced the number. Maybe 7 for rape and 7 for under age and 11 for quasi-incest or some variation thereof
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

I don't particularly agree with that, they might enjoy it, let them break rocks until the day they die.
Rapists are amongst the first to die in prison. Gangs don't really want to associate themselves with rapists, as they have sisters and maybe daughters too ya know.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Yeah, it's a rough life being able to read books and watch cable tv for the rest of your life while not having to worry about working for your next meal.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

JohnG@lt wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Yeah, it's a rough life being able to read books and watch cable tv for the rest of your life while not having to worry about working for your next meal.
Raped and stabbings are included.
mikkel
+383|6600
24 years for rape is absurd. This was a particularly terrible, disgusting case of it, but 24 years? No way. The notion that rape should be punished harder than attempting to take another person's life is ridiculous as well. People should be arguing for attempted murder carrying the same sentence as murder in the first degree, not that it should be comparable to rape.

Knee-jerk, mob mentality legislation. Same as for paedophilia. Most of the sociopaths favouring it would be just as happy to see the convicted killed right away. Hooray for civilisation.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

mikkel wrote:

24 years for rape is absurd. This was a particularly terrible, disgusting case of it, but 24 years? No way. The notion that rape should be punished harder than attempting to take another person's life is ridiculous as well. People should be arguing for attempted murder carrying the same sentence as murder in the first degree, not that it should be comparable to rape.

Knee-jerk, mob mentality legislation. Same as for paedophilia. Most of the sociopaths favouring it would be just as happy to see the convicted killed right away. Hooray for civilisation.
You do understand that throughout human history that rape has been a capital offense, yes? 24 years is a light sentence. Guess you'll have to dream of getting laid another way.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

mikkel wrote:

you're right
let's just give them 5 years and a medal of fucking freedom too
can't seem uncivilized can we

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard