Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

So I was trying to figure out why the U.S. and Canada have similiar gun laws but more people are killed by guns in the U.S. than in Canada, then I figured it out; racial make up.

U.S. Demographics wrote:

white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)
note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.); about 15.1% of the total US population is Hispanic

Canada eh, Demographics wrote:

British Isles origin 28%, French origin 23%, other European 15%, Amerindian 2%, other, mostly Asian, African, Arab 6%, mixed background 26%
Now consider these
https://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/vrace.png
https://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/orace.png
https://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/ovrace.png
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

Now taking these homicide rates for African Americans in consideration, would it be safe to say our high gun crime rate is their fault. This raises the question, why should all Americans not be allowed guns because 12 percent of the population enjoys shooting each other?

Please keep racism out of this thread, thank you.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

popularity of gangs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

SEREMAKER wrote:

popularity of gangs
I know and people like 50 cent and Tupac Shakur aren't helping.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

and look what happened to tupac

and forgot about 50 ......... bragging all about and glorifying the life and actions of gangs

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2009-09-19 14:05:09)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

what about poverty levels?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

And the popularity of gangs amongst black people I'd say has a lot more to do with that there are a lot more blacks than whites who live in poverty.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

ghettoperson wrote:

And the popularity of gangs amongst black people I'd say has a lot more to do with that there are a lot more blacks than whites who live in poverty.
While I would agree that poverty is the majority of the reason, it's not that more blacks than whites live in poverty -- it's that a higher percentage of the black community lives in poverty than the percentage of whites in their community.

More white people live in poverty in America than blacks, but that's because whites make up a much bigger portion of the overall population.

By the same token, more whites live on welfare than any other race in America, but a higher percentage of blacks are on it.
rdx-fx
+955|6584
As an American, I am currently not permitted to discuss anything that may potentially paint people of any non-white race as anything but equal or better than average.  To do so would be doubleplus-ungood.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Well, Bush declared war on foreign governments twice, so going on those figures we'll see around 12 major wars during Obama's first term.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
I swear the first two graphs sort of contradict the third graph or at least don't fit in with the third graph.

Anyway you forgot to mention Hispanic too. I've seen the TV shows about those gangs, they seem to be just as bad in the US. The US has a much higher proportion of Hispanic + Black people/gangs than Canada, and even Asian and White gangs, infact all around in the US people are just more bad than Canada I presume, it's a mindset thing.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that  a higher % of the black population is the sole reason why your homicide rate is so much higher than Canada. Also the US is more densly populated than Canada which also racks up the rate. There's too many reasons, it's not just all blame it on the black dudes, but the whole gangsta mentality doesn't help, they obviously have problems still

I bet if you compared the rates of crime based on race in the US and Canada the rate would be higher amongst all races in the US. Infact you can almost gaurantee it, it would probably be like that when you compare it to alot of countries actually... except maybe the countries South of the USA
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
So the only data you have is ethnic diversification? Nothing like povertyeducation level/etc etc

Shit topic
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

FatherTed wrote:

So the only data you have is ethnic diversification? Nothing like povertyeducation level/etc etc

Shit topic
Macbeth hates black people, don't expect him to make sense.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US
Gangs, economic desparity/poverty, and population density (plus many other things) play into homicide rates.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

ghettoperson wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Shit topic
Macbeth hates black people
So does George Bush
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
Who can't have guns?   They are still legal in most places.

Are you saying if we get rid of the black people that gun violence would be solved?
I'm getting the feeling after your bizzarre burger king post and this one that you don't care for black people?
Love is the answer
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command

ghettoperson wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Shit topic
Turquoise
O Canada

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I know if this was about Mexicans ATG certainly wouldn't mind. Infact he would probably condone it.
Well, to be fair, this argument applies somewhat to both groups.

Both blacks and Hispanics contribute a disproportionate amount of crime in this society.

Of course, both groups are poorer on average as well.
ATG
Banned
Because neither Hitler or Europe has fuck all to do with this thread.

My job is to deal with troll posts. Troll posts get deleted.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393

ATG wrote:

My job is to deal with troll posts. Troll posts get deleted.

ATG wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Shit topic
Turquoise
O Canada
I sense a thread close coming....
ATG
Banned
Would you rather I say, yes I agree, Macbeth is a racist?
The rules are enforced at our discretion.

Usmarine, you yourself said the best way to mod was just to delete posts. Good for the goose...
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691

Turquoise wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I know if this was about Mexicans ATG certainly wouldn't mind. Infact he would probably condone it.

Both blacks and Hispanics contribute a disproportionate amount of crime in this society.

Yeah but Macbeth is hispanic and if he doesn't want to make himself look bad. He is one of those people who trys to escape their origins. Pathetic tbh.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5393

ATG wrote:

Would you rather I say, yes I agree, Macbeth is a racist?
The rules are enforced at our discretion.

Usmarine, you yourself said the best way to mod was just to delete posts. Good for the goose...
No.  I said if you are going to enforce the rules, then enforce them.  My post did not break any rule.  If it did, then so did yours.
Turquoise
O Canada

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Yeah but Macbeth is hispanic and if he doesn't want to make himself look bad. He is one of those people who trys to escape their origins. Pathetic tbh.
He's criticized illegals before.  So has Harmor, who is also Hispanic.

I criticize plenty of white people despite being white.  I don't see what you're getting at here.
ATG
Banned
You say it didn't break any rules. I say it was a troll bait post.
I have the badge and am simply enforcing the rules as I understand them. Thanks for your understanding.

btw, what you are doing now is derailing his thread.

If you can't handle a deleted post without an AWM, perhaps you need me to make it more official.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard