Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

blademaster wrote:

Mayweather picks his fights. He faces Marquez who lost to Pacquaio. Marquez has to go up in weight by 2 classes. He wouldn't go up to fight Hopkins. He wont fight in his weight class against the champ Mosley.
So then if this Marquez guy is nothing special why is this fight being promoted so much like it's the fight of the decade. That was my original question nobody answered. Right now there's nothing that should make this match such a big event...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

blademaster wrote:

"Mayweather claimed that "white" fighters have nowhere to fight except for mixed martial arts." This guy is an idiot most of the heavy weight division is dominated by former Soviet Union fighters, such as Klitschko, Chagaev, Maskaev, Ibragimov, Valuev and the list goes on and on....
Now we are getting to the heart of your angst. It's his mouth. Since when did we start judging boxers by their intelligence .

I'd rather see him fight Manny Pacquiao than a doper.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Mayweather picks his fights. He faces Marquez who lost to Pacquaio. Marquez has to go up in weight by 2 classes. He wouldn't go up to fight Hopkins. He wont fight in his weight class against the champ Mosley.
So then if this Marquez guy is nothing special why is this fight being promoted so much like it's the fight of the decade. That was my original question nobody answered. Right now there's nothing that should make this match such a big event...
It is a coming out of retirement fight.

Marquez/Pacquio was very close last time (some analyst thought marquez won). The first time was a draw.

Compubox scoring had Juan Manuel Márquez landing 42/201 (21%) jabs to Pacquiao's 43/314 (14%) jabs, it also had Márquez scoring 130/310 (42%) power punches to Pacquiao's 114/305 (37%) power punches.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Marquez looking sharp! .. but so is Mayweather

download this and watch the first two rounds fellas.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
God that was a boxing masterclass by Mayweather. All credit to JMM though for fighting through though. Feel so bad on him though seriously he had no chance Mayweather's speed is unbelievable.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It was closer than I thought. Mayweather is a master tactician. This one is worth a dl and watching again.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
JMM is a counter puncher you can't counter punch someone marginally faster than you though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

The defense of MW was noticeably superior.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6586|England
Maywether was pretty fantastic for a guy who hasn't fought in around 2 years.  He'll take the Mosely fight and he will murder him.  I might not be Maywethers biggest fan, but he's clearly the best pound for pound fighter of recent years  and one of the top boys of all time.

Blademaster wrote:

This guy is an idiot most of the heavy weight division is dominated by former Soviet Union fighters, such as Klitschko, Chagaev, Maskaev, Ibragimov, Valuev and the list goes on and on....
And look how shit heavyweight boxing is these days.  None of them will go down as greats.

Last edited by KingCheese (2009-09-19 21:55:38)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
I actually think he has gotten better from his lay off. His defense was impenetrable he never looked in trouble picking his shots with ease looked like a training session. Didn't even look like he broke a sweat.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

KingCheese wrote:

Maywether was pretty fantastic for a guy who hasn't fought in around 2 years.  He'll take the Mosely fight and he will murder him.  I might not be Maywethers biggest fan, but he's clearly the best pound for pound fighter of recent years  and one of the top boys of all time.

Blademaster wrote:

This guy is an idiot most of the heavy weight division is dominated by former Soviet Union fighters, such as Klitschko, Chagaev, Maskaev, Ibragimov, Valuev and the list goes on and on....
And look how shit heavyweight boxing is these days.  None of them will go down as greats.
I couldn't agree more.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Mayweather vs Mosley could be a really interesting fight.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6586|England

wah1188 wrote:

Mayweather vs Mosley could be a really interesting fight.
I think the interest would come in the how long would it take Maywether to knock him out stakes.  Thats coming from a big Sugar Shane fan.  I just can't envisage it ending any other way.

Last edited by KingCheese (2009-09-19 22:21:57)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5486|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Kmarion wrote:

It was closer than I thought. Mayweather is a master tactician. This one is worth a dl and watching again.
Link?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard