Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida
What if...

We divided the prison system into two different types.

1. Violent crimes

2. Non-violent crimes
Leave this system the same as the current system.

However, for violent crimes and repeat offenders, they go to a new type of prison. A type of prison that makes you work every day... Like the movie/book Holes - only on steroids. Also. NO SOCIALIZING. No meeting up with your gang in the court to play basketball. No outside activities. No perks, whatsoever. In your cell. End of story.

I will not say that prison isnt tough, i have never been there. However ive watched a lot of the shows on Discovery about real prison life and ive seen how people dont even give a shit about going to prison because they have gang in there to hang with.

Dont you think, if a devistatingly horrible prison life was made - it would deter violent crime?
15 more years! 15 more years!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Certainty is more of a deterrent of crime than severity, generally the places with the least amount of crime are that way because of a good police force, not because they're afraid of jail.

I really don't think jail needs to be tougher, but I do agree that we should separate violent and non-violent prisoners.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

would this alter the quality of the sex?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
how about making them do some productive stuff, thats gonna benefit society..... there are number of diff. things they could do....
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

jsnipy wrote:

would this alter the quality of the sex?
Good question.
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica

blademaster wrote:

how about making them do some productive stuff, thats gonna benefit society..... there are number of diff. things they could do....
Like what? I'd be interested to hear what a couple of mentally imbalanced criminals can do where they won't:  1. escape 2. harm others
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida

TrueMusou wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Like what? I'd be interested to hear what a couple of mentally imbalanced criminals can do where they won't:  1. escape 2. harm others
Hmmmmmm...

Run on a wheel to produce electricity.

5000 inmates all running 4 hours a day

Light a neighborhood.
15 more years! 15 more years!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Mitch wrote:

Dont you think, if a devistatingly horrible prison life was made - it would deter violent crime?
No. Criminals often don't think of the consequences of their actions, hence why they become criminals in the first place.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

Mitch wrote:

I have an idea.
Uh-oh.
Wreckognize
+294|6486
Not a bad idea tbh.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6223|Brisneyland
I see where you are coming from, but I think that a different approach is needed. I would say that most of their antisocial behaviour was learnt through whatever happened in their outside lives. And I agree that hanging with gangs is just an extension of this, so rehab wont ever happen. I think you have to break that cycle by reprogramming them, yes I am talking electro shock therapy, the whole bit. I think you have to reprogram them to be good members of society. And use whatever means necessary, otherwise its a waste of time and money.

This is pretty radical but it could happen, and could do good.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Hard labour FTW.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
Or just put them ALL in a huge arena and the last one alive gets free. A bare fist brawl of all the most violent criminals would be super exciting. Admit it.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2009-09-18 20:20:08)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

take them to the fair

I would take the deathrow inmates and unleash them out on the rifle range
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hard labour FTW.
why did we ever stop this?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

Mitch wrote:

What if...

We divided the prison system into two different types.

1. Violent crimes

2. Non-violent crimes
Leave this system the same as the current system.

However, for violent crimes and repeat offenders, they go to a new type of prison. A type of prison that makes you work every day... Like the movie/book Holes - only on steroids. Also. NO SOCIALIZING. No meeting up with your gang in the court to play basketball. No outside activities. No perks, whatsoever. In your cell. End of story.

I will not say that prison isnt tough, i have never been there. However ive watched a lot of the shows on Discovery about real prison life and ive seen how people dont even give a shit about going to prison because they have gang in there to hang with.

I would think repeat offenders would all tend to become more violent to avoid prison in such a case. The trick is to get to them BEFORE they start offending.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Mitch doesn't understand the term rehabilitation.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

AussieReaper wrote:

Or doesn't understand that if you lock someone up for a year for an assault charge and they spend the entire year hallucinating by themselves they come out much more dangerous.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Or doesn't understand that if you lock someone up for a year for an assault charge and they spend the entire year hallucinating by themselves they come out much more dangerous.
To a degree, yes.  It probably depends on the individual though.

In some cases, gang influence makes someone worse.  In other cases, isolation does.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard