FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Poor judgment in selecting a running mate does not equate to fringe elements being majorities.
Discussed already, either they thought they were being smart or the GOP really had no clue.
You think the GOP are incompetent, I think they were playing to the stalls.
They lost, who cares, hopefully the US can make progress now.
I didn't say the GOP is incompetent. I said they used poor judgment in choosing a running mate for McCain. It failed on many levels, not just her apparent fringe pandering.

Dilbert_X wrote:

You people in Australia really need to get out more.
A Video game forum
B Bernadictus is not Australian, although maybe we'll have a vote and make him honorary.
This particular forum is not about video games. Don't know if you've noticed or not.

I wasn't referring to Bern.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6165|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I didn't say the GOP is incompetent. I said they used poor judgment
And the difference is?
Isn't it their job to use good judgment?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-17 04:29:25)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

When has the PM been anything other than Labour or Conservative in the past 150 or so years?
6 Feb. 1855-19 Feb. 1858 Whig
12 June 1859 - 18 Oct. 1865 Liberal
29 Oct. 1865- 26 June 1866 Liberal
3 Dec. 1868-17 Feb. 1874 Liberal
23 April 1880- 9 June 1885 Liberal
1 Feb. 1886 -20 July 1886 Liberal
15 Aug. 1892 2 March 1894 Liberal
5 Dec. 1905 - 7 April 1908 Liberal

OK Now?

Plus parties besides the Labour and Conservative have contributed to Parliament.

Now tell us how many times the US President has been anything other than Republicon or Democrap over the same period.
You came up with 150 yrs so hard luck.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-09-17 06:35:45)

nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5670|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Dilbert_X wrote:

Now tell us how many times the US President has been anything other than Republicon or Democrap over the same period.
You came up with 150 yrs so hard luck.
Grasping at straws, but...

1 time

Abraham Lincoln: 2nd Term

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta … tion,_1864
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
According to wiki
"Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson were, respectively, a Republican and a Democrat who ran on the National Union ticket in 1864. "
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5670|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Dilbert_X wrote:

According to wiki
"Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson were, respectively, a Republican and a Democrat who ran on the National Union ticket in 1864. "
Again
Grasping at straws
I was just trying to come up with something.

Political Parties are dangerous.

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

While the names remain the same REP's and DEM's have changed, crossed, and even flipped official platforms over our brief history. They each have their own sub groups as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

While the names remain the same REP's and DEM's have changed, crossed, and even flipped official platforms over our brief history. They each have their own sub groups as well.
Like most parties in most countries with a similar political system I might add ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Like most parties in most countries with a similar political system I might add ...
Thank you, twas my point. .. I might add.

In less than a century the Dems went from supporting slavery to the civil rights party.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No it wasn't ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No it wasn't ...
and why exactly do you think it wasn't?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No it wasn't ...
and why exactly do you think it wasn't?
Wrong answer, you are supposed to go: Yes it was ...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Are you done now?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

Are you done now?
Hm ... wasn't aware you had rattlesnake for breakfast, my bad ...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Ambein is shit. Rattle snake is pretty good btw.. taste like chicken.. but tougher. Try it with a side of cajun sauce.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6711|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

they don't want big government for themselves but they really want that same government and its big military to impose itself on other countries
No actually we don't. Most of us want the US to get out of the UN, stop funding it, kick it out of NY and mind our own business. 

Also might wanna look back and see just how many countries turn to the US for help, financially as well as militarily before you go on about how we "impose ourselves on other countires". Hard not to be imposing when asked to intervene.
Varegg
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

they don't want big government for themselves but they really want that same government and its big military to impose itself on other countries
No actually we don't. Most of us want the US to get out of the UN, stop funding it, kick it out of NY and mind our own business. 

Also might wanna look back and see just how many countries turn to the US for help, financially as well as militarily before you go on about how we "impose ourselves on other countires". Hard not to be imposing when asked to intervene.
You seem to forget that it also goes the other way, who finacially depend on who these days I wonder ... it's good to have friends lowing, sometimes you need them ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6711|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

You seem to forget that it also goes the other way, who finacially depend on who these days I wonder ... it's good to have friends lowing, sometimes you need them ...
If you choose we can clear all debts owed. Since it is the US who was owed money the longest by the most, lets get us paid off first, then we will pay our debt. I wonder who will gain the most.

It is good to have friens, so why are we in the UN?
Varegg
+2,206|6869|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

If you choose we can clear all debts owed. Since it is the US who was owed money the longest by the most, lets get us paid off first, then we will pay our debt. I wonder who will gain the most.

The UN is where we as independent nations try to chat out our differences before we rattle the sables ... it's where we agree on global welfare, it's where we try to keep our planet a safe place for everybody ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6711|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

The UN is where we as independent nations try to chat out our differences before we rattle the sables ... it's where we agree on global welfare, it's where we try to keep our planet a safe place for everybody ...
Nope it is a corrupt organization where political self interests are met and funded with underhanded dealings. The will of the citizens are rarely considered.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

kmarion wrote:

In less than a century the Dems went from supporting slavery to the civil rights party.
Just one more century and the Republicans will get there too.

lowing wrote:

Nope it is a corrupt organization where political self interests are met and funded with underhanded dealings.
Thats politics, still, better than fighting wars.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6711|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

kmarion wrote:

Just one more century and the Republicans will get there too.

lowing wrote:

Nope it is a corrupt organization where political self interests are met and funded with underhanded dealings.
Thats politics, still, better than fighting wars.
Not really, in a war at least you are fighting for someting. With the actions of the UN you are submitted and don't even know it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I have no idea what you're on about.

The US is welcome to withdraw from the UN any time it likes.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6734|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope it is a corrupt organization where political self interests are met and funded with underhanded dealings. The will of the citizens are rarely considered.
Nice of you to make such a statement which can never be verified.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6464|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

True...  it shows that, most of the time, social liberalism is progress, whereas social conservatism is regression.

In the beginning, the GOP were social liberals and the Democrats were social conservatives.  The switch in ideology led to a switch of civil rights support.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard