• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • How do you deal with UPS/FedEx deliveries when you're not home?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6682|San Diego, CA, USA
Now I know the best is to have the shipping address set at your work or a neighbor to sign for it, but if you don't have those options what next?

1) Get a Kwikset lock and give the code in the instructions?

2) Get one of those lockboxes and give the code in the instructions?

I hate ordering something, having them deliver it, signing the little sticker and then having them deliver it the next day. 

Can you put the shipping address to a local UPS Store and just pick it up there?

Any ideas guys?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Can't your parents sign for it?

Get it delivered to work, or become a university student and spend all day at home anyway.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

You can give the driver the code, or you can have the shipper mark "no signature required" for the delivery.  Or you can leave a not for the driver to leave it on the porch.  He'll do whatever you want usually.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

Will Call.

It used to be I'd just go pull it out off the back of the truck.

Reiterating what ken said. Have the shipper mark no sig. The problem is sometimes they write no sig required on the box but when the enter the information for the label they generate a label that comes up as signature required. There is no way around it if the shipper does that. The signature has to be in person on the DIAD. The driver can not release the package with out your signature in person. He's not going to forge your name and risk losing a job that pays almost six figures. The driver wants to get you that package. If he doesn't it means more work the next day. I used to hate having that shit backup.. having an extra 20 stops the next day blows.

Remember the Shipper is UPS's customer, you aren't .

edit:

Harmor wrote:

Can you put the shipping address to a local UPS Store and just pick it up there?
Yes, but they charge you a small fee.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6788

Drivers get paid almost 6 figures??? Did not know that... though I guess they deserve it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

mtb0minime wrote:

Drivers get paid almost 6 figures??? Did not know that... though I guess they deserve it.
I know some that made more. Some of them deserve it. Some of them have kush downtown routes riding around in elevators all day.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

I have a friend who makes money hand over fist.  He loves working on Saturdays because he gets paid some absurd amount
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I have a friend who makes money hand over fist.  He loves working on Saturdays because he gets paid some absurd amount
He might be a cover driver. They start getting OT early.. as they are not really full time. You'd never know it by the amount of hours they put in though..lol. Most full time drivers tell the supervisors to fuckoff when they ask them to work on Saturday. They've usually already put in 50+ hours.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6513|MN
I love my UPS dudes.  They call before they pick up unless they are in the area, they will even come around later if we are ready to ship yet.  Just have to make them cookies every so often.  As for deliveries, you just need to stop buying so much stuff.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

I loved my customers . I took care of them though.. they repaid the favor. I used to make fat cash in tips at Christmas time. I was always offered food, drinks, epic discounts at stores.. I miss that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6701|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

allllrighty then
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6701|Mountains of NC

our UPS guy for the business has ............ back up to close and wrecked our loading dock - twice, hit the back fender of at the time g/f car, rear ended some customers car

and numerous times he has had to come back to my store bc he forgot a package in his truck
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

I was a 5 year safe driver .. I only drove five years.

I used to hate having to go back.. 99% of the time it's not the driver fault. It's the loaders. The packages are supposed to be loaded in sequence. I've gone back 3 or 4 times before.. if you get a shitty loader that's what it's like.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6788

Love the cartwheel at 0:15
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • How do you deal with UPS/FedEx deliveries when you're not home?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard