-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago
INTEL 3.6 CPU
ASUS P5N32SLI MOBO
ASUS 7800 GTX TOP Video Cards IN SLI OF COURSE.
600WATT ENERMAX PSU
2 GIG OF CORSAIR XMS DDR2 MEMORY
antec p-180 case
No gay Lights in my system... LOL

OK Call me nuts but I am thinking of going to 4 gig of ram I have no worries about a gpu bottle neck since my mobo has a full 32 piplines .but I think the 4 gigs I would really see a big performance gain.

I'm also thinking about a dual core processer any thoughts ?

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6697|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
intel dual core - ftl ,amd dual core - ftw
TC><Injecter
+4|6830|Berlin, Germany
Seems that you have enough money... So why not!? Why talk about it?! Just do it...
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6696|Mountains of West Virginia
4 gigs?

uh no normal application (servers and professional programs aside) will use 4 gigs. 2 gigs in dual channel, would be more then enough.

Simply put, i doubt you will notice a difference between 2 or 4 gigs of ram.
Darth_Rambo
+22|6709|Raleigh, NC
AMD is widely considered the better CPU for gaming.
I would suggest:

AMD FX-57 CPU
Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Memory: Corsair XMS-3500LL Pro   (optimized for the ASUS A8N32-SLI mobo!!!!)
Storage: 250GB Maxtor Maxline III SATA Hard Disk Drive
Darth_Rambo
+22|6709|Raleigh, NC
Might consider waiting a bit before upgrading

read this article......
http://www.gamespot.com/features/freepl … ry=6142855
raze
+0|6657|Vienna
i wonder what a fx-57 cost in the US?

here at austria, the cheapest fx-57 is about € 870,- (about $ 850,- i think) and thats fuckin expensive: http://www.geizhals.at/a154650.html
AdamEcks
+1|6704|Canada, Eh.
Shouldn't have wasted your money on intel...what a waste. I know cause I bought the 3.4 2 weeks after it came out. Intel sucks ass (unless you need all that power to run something like word?)
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me

AdamEcks wrote:

Shouldn't have wasted your money on intel...what a waste. I know cause I bought the 3.4 2 weeks after it came out. Intel sucks ass (unless you need all that power to run something like word?)
what an ignorant statement.

AMD has 10+ years of poorly done CPUs-who cares?

Intel releases one flawed core and they suck ass?

Maybe you only know the current prescott core, but there have been many many times where Intel has had a far superior product.

oh and im not trying to argue that Intels will currently out preform AMD in gaming....im just pointing out that people seem to like what is "trendy" and intel bashing seems to be in.

But without intel we would not have ISA, PCI, PCI-E, AGP, USB, DVI, or DRAM (just to name a few)

Sorry for the rant, but i just had to say it
SuB
+50|6677
shud wait for the new M2 socket..
and b4 anyone says" photoshop uses 4gb of ram " it doesn't it saturates 2gb then uses scracth discs. it's the way it's made..
any more than that and it's ALOT of data in a volatile area isn't it..
bsides it can utilize upto 80TB of hard disc space in one go
(and that shocked me)

but seriously drop the intel, INCLUDING the dual core because unless ur 3ds maxing and rendering for pixar or dreamworks it's pointless....
amd single or dual core
or wait for M2 socket in july/ish
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me

SuB wrote:

or wait for M2 socket in july/ish
and you should wait for the 65nm conroe. It is based on the Pentium M (shorter wider pipes, lower clock speed)

Intel has wised up after the prescott. No more scorching hot, huge pipelines.
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
i dont think its 65 nm snipe i heard its gonna be something like 40 or 45 idk
Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6689
You guys are so lucky to afford such expensive computers and parts..
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6761|Rotherham, England
windows xp doesn't even recognize 4gb of ram it only recognizes 2gb.
the first system to support 4gb will be vista wqhich should be out later this year.

also, amd shits on intels cpu's. Intel go for raw power which isn't neccesary when amd are wise and optimize the stuff that actually counts.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me

Maj.Do wrote:

No, the conroe is based on a 65nm chip
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/11 … _revealed/

mjw wrote:

the first system to support 4gb will be vista wqhich should be out later this year.
I think XP will support 4gb. (but i could be wrong)

mjw wrote:

Intel go for raw power which isn't neccesary when amd are wise and optimize the stuff that actually counts.
Do you have any idea what your talking about.

What the hell is raw power? I'll assume your talking clock speed, in which your right, is intels fault, but it is neccesary. Without the high clock speed, (factor in the occasional wrong branch prediction) and you have bad news.

And what does AMD optimize? 3dnow?.....no sse3?.....maybe.

The athlon's archutecture is better deisgned the p4, no doubt, but what i was trying to remark was that because of this one poorly designed CPU,  why do you have to say Intel (as a brand) sucks

mjw wrote:

also, amd shits on intels cpu's.
What about the Pentium M? Or the Xenon? Those are CPUs that intel puts out that easily beat out there AMD counterparts.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-02-07 17:31:35)

Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
finally someone here who isnt a AMD fanboy!  go conroe!
-AtK- AcE of SpAdEs
+-1|6655

Snipedya14 wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

No, the conroe is based on a 65nm chip
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/11/intel_conroe_revealed/

mjw wrote:

I think XP will support 4gb. (but i could be wrong)

mjw wrote:

Intel go for raw power which isn't neccesary when amd are wise and optimize the stuff that actually counts.
Do you have any idea what your talking about.

What the hell is raw power? I'll assume your talking clock speed, in which your right, is intels fault, but it is neccesary. Without the high clock speed, (factor in the occasional wrong branch prediction) and you have bad news.

And what does AMD optimize? 3dnow? no sse3? maybe.

The athlon's archutecture is better deisgned the p4, no doubt, but what i was trying to remark was that because of this one poorly designed CPU, you have to say Intel (as a brand) sucks

mjw wrote:

also, amd shits on intels cpu's.
What about the Pentium M? Or the Xenon? Those are CPUs that intel puts out that easily beat out there AMD counterparts.
Ouch...you got pwned
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

XP supports 4 gigs, although it's a waste of money. Unless I try, I can't even make use of all of my 2 gigs. Save your money.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
razz
+7|6683|Australia
Why does every thread have to have this fanboy crap in it?
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6677|Planet Seibertron ;)
I dunno.  That's why I didn't say anything.  I like Intel's Pentium-M processor.  I liked it ever since I saw the Banias demo.  But hey, I do not mind using CPUs from either side.  If it runs well and excels at something, then good.  If it don't... well... "back to the drawing board" as they say.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6697|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
yeah im an amd boy, but the pentium m rockzors my sockzors, my lappy has one, what is the xenons counterpart anyway, and plus the pentium m beats any sempron o and darth rambo, dont bother getting or suggesting the fx57 if ya got the money go the fx60 or X2, no wait better yet wait for m2
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago
Guys,
Thanks for the input and these forums for The use of a place to share info ,rant ,dis or give props......

you guys gave me some things to consider And some good links as well.

Yes money is not the issue and I've never been one to "wait" for techngy While I believe I have an ass kicking system.

More ram should help So I WILL Sell the 4x512 sticks I HAVE NOW 2 months old...And buy 4x1 gig sticks..

Thanks again  and For me to buy AMD IS like me going to Wal mart  It just won't happen. :-)

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com

Last edited by -=WM=-Racerx (2006-02-08 06:19:44)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

mjw wrote:

also, amd shits on intels cpu's. Intel go for raw power which isn't neccesary when amd are wise and optimize the stuff that actually counts.
bullshit. i have 3GB and it still recognizes it, and i have 1gb virtual memory adding it up i have 4 gb ram
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me

razz wrote:

Why does every thread have to have this fanboy crap in it?
Im sorry, i didnt know making a vaild argument (supported by fact) was fanboy crap.
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago
Ok i took my own advice and sent in a donation Thanks for all you've done.
-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard