Poll

Blue Pearl IO mode

yes! nade spam on a new map!57%57% - 16
no. vehicles are a death trap anyway on pearl.42%42% - 12
Total: 28
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
why are so many pearl servers IO?  i hate running across that goddam bridge every two minutes, and the boats dont stand a chance against a competent china team.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I hate Blue Pearl IO. It's just like any other IO map, full of retards throwing nades.

Blue Pearl w/ vehicles is still run by infantry and it takes some skill to operate armor and remain alive for some time. Well, at least more skill than it usually does on other maps that have become overrun with IO servers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

I've never played it non-IO

I wish there were more full vehicle servers, but I can only find a few populated ones at any given time.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
maybe if more game admins see a poll about it being bad they will make it vehicles too
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
IO is always awful. On Blue Pearl it's worse because the IFVs are the only chance the Americans have at landing after the first 2 minutes.
5H1FTY
Its an 870, not a M11/87...
+1|5377|Texas
I've seen servers make the rule of "No A/T rocket shooting landing craft until USMC gets 1 flag". I guess that fixes the problem, although I do love the rocket sniping. Also, I think it adds emphasis on getting that first flag out of the gate for the USMC. IF they don't understand that (or fail), then they get punished all round.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6475

5H1FTY wrote:

I've seen servers make the rule of "No A/T rocket shooting landing craft until USMC gets 1 flag". I guess that fixes the problem, although I do love the rocket sniping. Also, I think it adds emphasis on getting that first flag out of the gate for the USMC. IF they don't understand that (or fail), then they get punished all round.
Servers shouldn't have to invent their pwn ridiculous rules. The fact of the matter is that Blue Pearl, and in fact none of the maps in BF2 were designed for IO, and as such the only way to play a balanced version of the map is to play conquest.

And plus the vehicles are all that's keeping this game from being shit like CoD4 or CSS anyway.
5H1FTY
Its an 870, not a M11/87...
+1|5377|Texas
I'm not arguing your point. But each has their own opinion, as you've stated yours. I prefer I/O, but also like Vehicles for a change every once in a while. To each his own.

But as the poll states...... WTF does it mean??? lol. I don't know if I should vote yes or no...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

steelie34 wrote:

why are so many pearl servers IO?  i hate running across that goddam bridge every two minutes, and the boats dont stand a chance against a competent china team.
Is it any different with APCs?

The map just sucks, period.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6002
It's a shit map regardless
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6475

DrunkFace wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Is it any different with APCs?

The map just sucks, period.
APCs can provide heavy fire, as well as take several direct hits from the Eryx. Several engineer filled APCs can land almost unhindered. It's also possible to sneak an APC along the north corridor, harder with a boat due to the boat's lack of armor and ineffective wepon.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone
Its a cool map once the fighting starts in mainland but camping at the beach is boring
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6490|P-way, NJ
Clay spamming is worst in this map then karkand
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6750|Reality

steelie34 wrote:

Dude this thread needs a title change.

Remove Blue Pearl and it will make sense. I have never understood why pimply faced teenagers wanted to turn BF2 into a clone of all the infantry FPS games out there. It is like having a high performance car that you replace its engine with one from a VW minivan. The car still looks good but driving it around sucks ass.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5874|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Infantry only is good, on vehicle servers you can't really do much as infantry so it gives you a chance to play whatever type of game you want, better than not being there at all.
Sometimes I just feel like a bit of IO especially after playing vehicle servers for a while I hate it when you're just about to shoot someone and they just run away into the nearest APC or whatever so you cant touch them- why are so many people recently been saying IO is shit sounds like theyre just copying other people, it's not like people have to play it there is an option that way it keeps everyone happy.
You can't really compare it to COD or CS for hitreg or whatever people moan about but IO on BF2 is good because of the size of the maps and the tactics it takes thats what makes it so much different to other IO games, people say it's not designed for IO but thats stupid saying that because infantry has always been in BF2, doesn't mean if you take the vehicles out it automatically makes it shit and if it was that bad everyone who only plays IO would play COD or some other games wouldnt they
Ioan92
+337|5729

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

tactics, IO
lol

I have yet to see any form of teamwork in BF2.
H3RB4L ABU53
Don't be rediculous COD and games like that havent got squads or anything you just run around shooting random people, BF2 is a lot more tactical when you compare it, even in games full of noobs there are still squads and people planning where to attack.
The thing I don't get it loads and loads of people love BF2, yet most of them say stuff like "BF2+Tactics=lol" "BF2 IO sucks" "BF2 sucks" "I quit BF2" "Vehicle servers suck you just get raped" "BF2 is dead" etc but they still play, I bet you play IO as well
Ioan92
+337|5729

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Don't be rediculous COD and games like that havent got squads or anything you just run around shooting random people, BF2 is a lot more tactical when you compare it, even in games full of noobs there are still squads and people planning where to attack.
The thing I don't get it loads and loads of people love BF2, yet most of them say stuff like "BF2+Tactics=lol" "BF2 IO sucks" "BF2 sucks" "I quit BF2" "Vehicle servers suck you just get raped" "BF2 is dead" etc but they still play, I bet you play IO as well
Sometimes, but its completely irrelevant. There may be a squad system but that's about it. A squad in BF2 is a bunch of green dots scattered along the map. All you see in IO is players running in the middle of the street throwing medpacks and spamming grenades. No teamwork here, move along. I've only seen teamwork on a few rare occasions.
H3RB4L ABU53
Ok well that's what you think, I normally play as lone wolf and squad leader and squads are a lot more than green dots, say you're on karkand on MEC team and only have suburb left, the whole team is going for square, are you saying having a squad go to train accident is not helping your team? That's why there are squads so you can stop the enemy flanking you and so you can cap flags to stop enemy spawning, or even just to help out your team by killing enemies, like I said I see teamwork in pretty much any BF2 game, where most other FPS's have none at all, you are right about grenade spamming and medipacks everywhere and that's not really teamwork it's just getting kills which is what a lot of people do which is why teamwork is important, but surely you've been in squads and know what I'm on about
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5795|Catherine Black
BF2 is the most teamwork orientated game I have ever played, apart from 2142.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6137|Carnoustie MASSIF

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Ok well that's what you think, I normally play as lone wolf and squad leader and squads are a lot more than green dots, say you're on karkand on MEC team and only have suburb left, the whole team is going for square, are you saying having a squad go to train accident is not helping your team? That's why there are squads so you can stop the enemy flanking you and so you can cap flags to stop enemy spawning, or even just to help out your team by killing enemies, like I said I see teamwork in pretty much any BF2 game, where most other FPS's have none at all, you are right about grenade spamming and medipacks everywhere and that's not really teamwork it's just getting kills which is what a lot of people do which is why teamwork is important, but surely you've been in squads and know what I'm on about
GRAMMAR MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

Finray wrote:

BF2 is the most teamwork orientated game I have ever played, apart from 2142.
This guy speaks the truth.

I only recently bought BF2142 and have just now realized how much better the squad system is there.
Makes playing as a lone wolf and not being in a squad almost as bad for your team as teamkilling.

I really wished they would introduce that in BF2 too.
wotg
Mr
+3|5412|Norway
Simply said: Blue Pearl is not the awesome PLA vs USMC map it could have been.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I would like to retract my previous statement. Just had an amazing time on BP IO. Hardly any nade spam at all, lots of teamwork (i.e. medics actually reviving and throwing health packs, support actually throwing ammo). Good lord the M11-87 is so fucking awesome. Engineer used to be my favorite kit back in the day, but I hadn't been using it in a while. Glad to be returning to my roots and owning it up with the shotty
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

lots of teamwork (i.e. medics actually reviving and throwing health packs, support actually throwing ammo).
That's not team work, that's points whoring.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard