ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5328
It would appear that after 1.5, everybody suddenly stopped playing BF2 Special Forces. There were some SF servers I often played on, which were always highly populated. Now, there are only a few players playing at any given time. I also noticed that there are less than 20 SF servers running. Why did people abandon SF after 1.5?
alexb
<3
+590|5910|Kentucky, USA

To play EF/AF, most likely.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5369|USA
It's not as if the SF userbase was large to begin with from what I've seen.
wotg
Mr
+3|5375|Norway
I play SF.
It`s getting fever and fever server it seems. Maybe EA should have given away SF fro free too?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I would if the servers weren't all either Ghost Town or Warlord 24/7 or IO

IO and 24/7 servers are hives of fail and AIDS.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater
I need a populated gater server. There is an =SoE= one up but it hardly has a playable amount of people. ; ; sadly my wish will never come true.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
RIP sf
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
We should invade the SoE one sometime. It used to fill up quite nicely
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
I logged into Sf today and only 30 servers. So yeah what steelie said.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater

SplinterStrike wrote:

They are a good group of guys, I play with them quite frequently... Just not enough people like the maps they host. We should invade them, its a brilliant idea
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

They are a good group of guys, I play with them quite frequently... Just not enough people like the maps they host. We should invade them, its a brilliant idea
Aye, Delta is one of my favorite guys to play with on there
CC-Marley
+407|6799
Invade! WAR!
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5426
SF has horrible maps.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

edlT wrote:

It's not as if the SF userbase was large to begin with from what I've seen.
There was right after it came out. Then a year later servers started to slowly dissapear along with players.

I don't think there is a map from SF that I don't enjoy.

Last edited by 12/f/taiwan (2009-09-10 21:50:33)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
No, but I would if there were any servers. They also 'abandoned' it long before 1.5.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
once people get bored of the new maps theyll be back to sf. problem is they didnt remove the .7 jump to prone delay so its still there in sf
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5328
It appears that the only servers with enough players to play are running Ghost Town or Warlord.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6298

i noticed this. SF did not have many servers runnin before 1.5...and now? F*&# it is dead. I wish I could play on ANY SF server besides HBD ghost town. When I play, thats the only one populated. Damn.

RIP SF...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Izx2
I Shank for a living.
+1|6201|S.T.A.L.K.E.R
At least there's still the hbd ghost town server though I truly wish they still had 24/7 Iron Gator Servers..  Didn't really care for Warlord, I still don't understand why ppl like that map..
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

Izx2 wrote:

At least there's still the hbd ghost town server though I truly wish they still had 24/7 Iron Gator Servers..  Didn't really care for Warlord, I still don't understand why ppl like that map..
Warlord was cool to play because of all the options that the grappling hook and zip lines gave that map.
The_Jester
+52|6461|Italy
Fuck, I don't want a lame marine replacing the badass spetz dude in my stats.
If I get punkbuster working again, that is.
bl!zzard
+4|5538
SF has always had around 30 populated servers. PL Surge 24/7 is always up, so is HBD Ghost Town and then a bunch of Warlord servers, SoE for Iron Gator. If you want SF rotation Gotland runs a good server thats always hopping. SF isn't dead, itll just be quiet until people get sick of EF/AF and come back to it.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
I play only SF every day! GHOST TOWN ftw!
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

I play SF now and then... I enjoy playing Support and gassing everybody... lol
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

venom6 wrote:

I play only SF every day! GHOST TOWN ftw!
Bit obvious lol I think Ghost Town is a good map but I think the free 1.5 maps are better so I guess a lot of people will play less SF because of that, apart from the zipline there isn't really much in SF over vanilla BF2 now, I'm liking Road Rage a lot it might be my new favourite over Dragon Valley shame the SU39 handles like shit and can only turn backwards if you're flying straight up- I like the cannon only fights though

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard