Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6444

Marconius wrote:

You don't have to eat the entire bag of cookies in one go, just learn to enjoy one or two cookies a day and control yourself.  Plus, people just need to exercise!  Get off the bus one stop farther from your destination and just walk the rest of the way a few days a week.  Walk around or do something moderately active a few days a week.
My sentiments exactly....Portion Control
Capt. Foley
+155|6589|Allentown, PA, USA
I think the problem is lazyness. People sell bull crap all the time to "lose weight" when the problem is people are lazy and want someone else to do the work. Get off your fat ass and do something and you wont have a problem(besides the people who are medicaly handicaped).
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Yep, i also agree it's lazyness. To think that people have the audacity to sue Fast Food Companies is a joke. I think they won too. What the hell? How is it their fault? It's your fault for:

- Going to the counter
- Buying a burger(s) and/or those other generic unhealty foods
- Eating it
- Driving home
- Sitting all day watching TV/On the computer
- Generally being lazy

People always think everything is someone else's fault. Learning from mistakes is one of the best things, but first you have to admit that you made a mistake..
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden
YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all a terrorist attack against your country! Al Qaida has introduced a aggressive virus which will make all americans so fat that they will all explode before year 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbor told me this.........
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok I have a few theories on this.  Being American myself and skinny(6'0" and 165 lbs), it makes me sick when I watch T.V. and walk around town everyone is huge. I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.

So theories,

1. Majority of kids can't leave there house cause they'll get arrested(if they deserve it) or just harrased. I grew up in the Ledgewood area of New Jersey which is a quite town and got harrased almost ever day I went out.

2. Knowledge that someone else is going to protect us so we don't bother staying in shape.

That's all I have now so let me know what you think?
Maybe it is because we were smart enough to ACTUALLY move to where the food is.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok I have a few theories on this.  Being American myself and skinny(6'0" and 165 lbs), it makes me sick when I watch T.V. and walk around town everyone is huge. I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.

So theories,

1. Majority of kids can't leave there house cause they'll get arrested(if they deserve it) or just harrased. I grew up in the Ledgewood area of New Jersey which is a quite town and got harrased almost ever day I went out.

2. Knowledge that someone else is going to protect us so we don't bother staying in shape.

Becoming fat isn't a smart thing to do.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

So theories,

Becoming fat isn't a smart thing to do.
Neither is smoking, drinking, speeding, cheating, buying lotto tickets, riding motorcycles without a helmet, casual sex without protection on and on and on. Who cares what someone does to themselves. At least a fat ass isn't hurting anyone but themselves or even have the potential to hurt anyone but themselves.

By the way, FloJo wasn't fat and she died at 39 or some shit, while Jackie Gleason lived to be in his 70's or 80's.  Again who cares?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Americans are very heavy.  My theories, based on the way things are where I live are...

1. Fast food joints on every single corner.

2. As people move from the cities to the burbs, developers are putting up strip malls and everything else.  We no longer have walkable communities.  People drive everywhere.

3. Schools are suplementing their income by using vending machines, which contain nothing but high sugar, high fat junk food.

4. People don't have to go out for anything.  There is nothing you can't buy online, and even grocery stores offer delivery.

5. Commercialized food processing uses so many fats, sugars, starches, and preservatives to reduce cost and extend shelf life, that even if you do go shopping the things you buy aren't that good for you anyway.

6. Our own government.  When the "food pyramid" was laid out most food was still oganically grown, grains were whole grain, and people did much more physical labor for a living.  The amount of bad carbohydrates that are abundant in most current foods, fueled by the old Pyramid design, were leading people to eat foods that quickly metabolized into sugar, along with 1-5 above, creating a very high calory diet with little physical activity.
That is so true...+1
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Americans are very heavy.  My theories, based on the way things are where I live are...

2. As people move from the cities to the burbs, developers are putting up strip malls and everything else.  We no longer have walkable communities.  People drive everywhere.

3. Schools are suplementing their income by using vending machines, which contain nothing but high sugar, high fat junk food.

4. People don't have to go out for anything.  There is nothing you can't buy online, and even grocery stores offer delivery.

5. Commercialized food processing uses so many fats, sugars, starches, and preservatives to reduce cost and extend shelf life, that even if you do go shopping the things you buy aren't that good for you anyway.

6. Our own government.  When the "food pyramid" was laid out most food was still oganically grown, grains were whole grain, and people did much more physical labor for a living.  The amount of bad carbohydrates that are abundant in most current foods, fueled by the old Pyramid design, were leading people to eat foods that quickly metabolized into sugar, along with 1-5 above, creating a very high calory diet with little physical activity.
Another typical LIBERAL comment.............You are blaming everything and everyone EXCEPT the FAT ASS who is eating all that shit........If you think hard enough, I am POSITIVE, you can find a way to blame Bush PERSONALLY.

P.S. you forgot to blame forks

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY,  what a concept!!!!

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-15 03:16:26)

InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA

lowing wrote:

Speaking from a fat American's perspective I believe one important point escapes you, genetics. Some people say it's a load of mumbo-jumbo, but research shows it's definitely a factor. My grandfather is large. My father is large. Hence, I am large. Sure, the majority of it IS personal responsibility, but some of it is genetics which cannot be changed.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

InviSniper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Speaking from a fat American's perspective I believe one important point escapes you, genetics. Some people say it's a load of mumbo-jumbo, but research shows it's definitely a factor. My grandfather is large. My father is large. Hence, I am large. Sure, the majority of it IS personal responsibility, but some of it is genetics which cannot be changed.
Ok, so be honest, are you excercising, and eating properly?? Are you burning more calories than you take in, in a day?? Your frame is larger, that is genetics, you may be 6 ft 10 in, THAT is genetics, your eating fast fried food everyday and washing down with soda while you sit in front of X-box, IS NOT genetic.

I need to drop a few pounds myself, but I am not blaming McDonalds for it. It is MY FAULT!!

By the way, I use "you" generally, I do not mean YOU specifically.

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-14 18:48:34)

James-m
+28|6551|England

klassekock wrote:

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all a terrorist attack against your country! Al Qaida has introduced a aggressive virus which will make all americans so fat that they will all explode before year 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbor told me this.........
lol that made me laugh
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577
fat people are harder to kidnap
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
just use a twinkie, they will come to you
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577
LOL at kr@cker
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

lowing wrote:

InviSniper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ok, so be honest, are you excercising, and eating properly?? Are you burning more calories than you take in, in a day?? Your frame is larger, that is genetics, you may be 6 ft 10 in, THAT is genetics, your eating fast fried food everyday and washing down with soda while you sit in front of X-box, IS NOT genetic.

I need to drop a few pounds myself, but I am not blaming McDonalds for it. It is MY FAULT!!

By the way, I use "you" generally, I do not mean YOU specifically.
That's so true. Fat people need to stop blaming society for it. If you're fat it's your own fault for not doing something about it. Of course it's not genetics, you're totally right.

The worst is parents blaming companies for their children being fat. You're their damn parents don't give them so much food. Maybe get them to go out and do stuff instead of sitting at home in front of an X-Box, drinking coke and eating crisps (chips to all you Americans).
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6447|Barcelona

InviSniper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yes, but the question is now... why your grandfather and the grandfather of many american people are large?
The genetics give us a factor but not the origin of the problem.
I saw supersizeme, and there said some possible reasons. Burgers in 'every' corner and fast food culture is an important reason.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

sparrowpisuke wrote:

InviSniper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yes, but the question is now... why your grandfather and the grandfather of many american people are large?
The genetics give us a factor but not the origin of the problem.
I saw supersizeme, and there said some possible reasons. Burgers in 'every' corner and fast food culture is an important reason.
People not exercising self restraint is the ONLY factor.

If you eat less food, you will not be fat. Some people can get away with eating more food and not get fat, but they're lucky.

It's not rocket science - eat less, exercise more and you won't be fat. Simple. Everyone knows this, there aren't people sitting around eating without any idea that eating lots of food makes you fat. Education isn't even an issue, because everyone knows the solution already - many are just too damn greedy to restrain themselves.

I really liked Super Size Me. I didn't like all the preachiness of it, but I think it was good to expose just how bad fast food is for you. But again, people know fast food is bad for them - they just eat it anyway. I don't think most people realised quite how bad fast food is for you before watching Super Size Me though.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality
SUGAR

You can eat all the hamburgers you want and you will be fine. It takes your body a lot of energy to break down proteins for energy.

Once you start drinking soda pop, which has an insane amount of sugar, then your body uses the 'easy' energy of the sugar and 'stores' the protein as fat.

You ever notice that you get really tired 30 minutes after a soda ? You create a metabolism that does NO work by drinking so much sugar that when your body has processed the sugar, it has to change gears. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No more pop.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Another typical LIBERAL comment.............You are blaming everything and everyone EXCEPT the FAT ASS who is eating all that shit........If you think hard enough, I am POSITIVE, you can find a way to blame Bush PERSONALLY.

It's not such a liberal comment (though it does fail to directly blame the fat-asses themselves). But the prolificacy of junk food in the US, as well as the fatally uninformative (and 'widely' ignored) "food pyramid" does contribute grossly to obesity.

But then again, sodas are one of my failings.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-15 10:07:40)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6593|Scarborough Yorkshire England
I'm not knocking american sports but 3 hours to play a game of American football, i think if I was sat for 3 hours I would be eating and drinking loads.  One small theory that may contribute to Obesity in USA. (Not just USA have you ever been to a cricket match godamn thats boring, I ate just for something to do)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

It's not such a liberal comment (though it does fail to directly blame the fat-asses themselves). But the prolificacy of junk food in the US, as well as the fatally uninformative (and 'widely' ignored) "food pyramid" does contribute grossly to obesity.

It is a liberal comment because, like all liberal comments, responsibility is placed everywhere for a persons life except the person. That is why they want national insurance, welfare, social bailouts for the undeserving. Govt. controlled retirement. Caps on CEO's pay etc....
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is a liberal comment because, like all liberal comments, responsibility is placed everywhere for a persons life except the person. That is why they want national insurance, welfare, social bailouts for the undeserving. Govt. controlled retirement. Caps on CEO's pay etc....
It's not a liberal comment. I'm quite liberal in general and I totally believe that fat people have no one to balme but themselves, or in the case of fat kids, possibly their parents.

Being liberal does not mean shirking responsibility for your own actions. If it does then I guess I'm just not that liberal.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's not a liberal comment. I'm quite liberal in general and I totally believe that fat people have no one to balme but themselves, or in the case of fat kids, possibly their parents.

Being liberal does not mean shirking responsibility for your own actions. If it does then I guess I'm just not that liberal.
I gave examples of what liberals want did I not??
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I gave examples of what liberals want did I not??
Some things. That's a biased perspective and you know it.

Most of the issues you raised, that liberals support, are based around helping those less fortunate. I don't consider helping out those who can't find work etc. That said, I do believe there should be tighter controls on a lot of these benefits, you do hear a lot of cases where totally undeserving people are getting massive benefit payouts, because they had 5 kids before they were 20, or something similar.

CEO's often get stupid deals. There is nothing wrong with a CEO being successful and making money. What there is something wrong with is CEOs of massive companies getting pay increases while their companies are losing money and employees are being laid off. This happens. If you are a success as a CEO, ok fair enough - well done take a pay rise.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-15 17:44:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard