ts-pulsar
+54|6504

B.Schuss wrote:

Also, no alcohol. that helped a lot.
Just drink hard alcohol.  Highger the alcohol content, lower the calories, no need to get rid of the one thing that will help get those fat people laid.
iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America
I walk at least a mile a day, and until my friend got injured I weight lifted for an hour and a half every night as well.  But I wasn't losing any weight.  The reason is simple, I was taking in as much as I was using.  And its not like I was eating shit food either.  A turkey sandwich, or bean burritos, or a chicken breast with oven fried potatoes are all healthy foods... the problem is I was having all of them in a meal (what? i live right next to the college's buffet).  And it all stems from what the parents have taught me: you take what you want, but you eat what you take.  My father grew up in south america, where food was not always readily available.  My mother grew up here, but under the influence of ppl who lived through the depression.  Years and years of eating everything in serving sizes twice of what they should be has made my stomach incredibly efficient at digestion, leaving me with a near constant feeling of hunger if and when i do eat appropriate serving sizes.  For instance, once after dinner i sat down at the table to review calculus for the AP exam.  i felt a little hungry still, so i pulled out a container of strawberries which had been washed and cut earlier.  Without noticing I devoured an entire pound of strawberries after having a full dinner.  Its this overeating obsession that has paralyzed the fat ppl of the nation.  Its the idea of having to finish ones plate before dessert, the idea of not wasting food that has oddly enough made ppl fat.  The solution is very simple, invent something that has no calories, but has texture and taste.  I've found ice to be effective, but it melts.  Grapes also work, theyre like natures popcorn.
iceman785
+93|6674|Alaska, mother fucker.
3. Schools are suplementing their income by using vending machines, which contain nothing but high sugar, high fat junk food.
i dont know about you, but in alaska, they banned, YES BANNED soda, and sugary foods in vending machines, so now i chew on granola bars and i end up eating subway now instead of pizza for lunch at school
ts-pulsar
+54|6504
I think it's mostly due to the lack of excersize cause people are so damned lazy.  30 years ago most people had jobs that kept them physically active, and no one paid attention to what they ate, food was food, you ate what tasted good.  It's still true today, I've got a friend who is a certified tree climber and he spends all day going up and down trees carrying a 20lb chainsaw and about 25lbs of rope, he does this every day.  I've watched him eat 2000 calories in one meal, and he does that about every meal.  He can get away with it cause he actually burns it up.

But then I've got another friend who doesn't get any excersize at all, usually sit around all day, and he eat's like a pig, he's 5'11 and only weighs 140lbs, and he eats some of the worst foods.

I can say I've never seen a fat person who only eats small portions though.

I used to be a fat ass.  Back in highschool I was 260lbs (I'm 6'1").  I at like a pig, I never ate fast food,(hate the stuff, tastes nasty) but I ate huge portions, and I only got excercise on the weekends.  But my senior year of highschool I wound up having 3 PE classes a day (surgery my freshman year had kept me out of PE my sophmore and junior years) and I dropped 80lbs that one year.  I found I also didn't have the appetite I used too.  I found that if I quit excersizing I gain weight very fast even though I'm not eating much anymore, so I still try and put in at least 2 hours a day.  I'm 6'1" and I weigh 185lbs now.  I want to loose another 20lbs but I've never been able to get that last 20lbs off no matter what I try.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6626
BIG MAC's
P581
Monkey
+44|6470

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Americans are very heavy.  My theories, based on the way things are where I live are...

1. Fast food joints on every single corner.

2. As people move from the cities to the burbs, developers are putting up strip malls and everything else.  We no longer have walkable communities.  People drive everywhere.

3. Schools are suplementing their income by using vending machines, which contain nothing but high sugar, high fat junk food.

4. People don't have to go out for anything.  There is nothing you can't buy online, and even grocery stores offer delivery.

5. Commercialized food processing uses so many fats, sugars, starches, and preservatives to reduce cost and extend shelf life, that even if you do go shopping the things you buy aren't that good for you anyway.

6. Our own government.  When the "food pyramid" was laid out most food was still oganically grown, grains were whole grain, and people did much more physical labor for a living.  The amount of bad carbohydrates that are abundant in most current foods, fueled by the old Pyramid design, were leading people to eat foods that quickly metabolized into sugar, along with 1-5 above, creating a very high calory diet with little physical activity.
Best post in this thread, better that OP I reward you with a twinkie!
BVC
+325|6697
Non-american comment time.

Big serving sizes helps you put on weight, as does a lot of fatty greasy shit, but for me the real killer is too much softdrink and not enough exercise.

In the late 90s I worked at a place called the warehouse (like walmart), and ate junk food every day at work, as well as at home.  I didn't pile on the pounds.

In 2000 I went from 90kg to 120kg (200pd to 260pd) in less than a year with a similar diet.  The difference being almost no physical activity, and a much higher intake of soft drink, particularly coke.  I cut the frequency of my F&C fix, cut my coke intake and got an active job and shed most of it.  I then returned to university, took up my old eating habits again and what do you know...lost it again and have since returned to uni, but with an active job to keep me balanced, AND I try to walk (1hr there, 1 hr back) where possible.  And what do you know, I'm not fatty mc blobbly...oh and I'm 6'4" if anybodys wondering.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

BIG MAC's
https://www.coolbuddy.com/jokes/funnypics/fat_mcdonalds.jpg
I need around tree fiddy.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

All Americans need to do to stay in shape is to start that Marco "Marconius" Salsiccia exersise routine. I did it myself and now I don't need to buy beer 'cause the sixpacks on me! Best of all it incorporates BF2!
The "Marconius" excersise routine:
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/marcoweirdo.jpg

(Sorry Marconius. )
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
$kuLLz.bh
+8|6445|Kingdom of Bahrain
One Word,

Mcdonald
Wolfren
+6|6665|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Are there any fat american's on this that care to comment or fat foreigners I want to know why you got fat?
Well Im 6'3" and 250lbs large build, so Im a little husky, I believe what has caused me to get that way is first TV, with TV you can be entertained using about 20 calories a hour clicking channels vs playing football or something. Two being a college student junk food is far cheaper than anything good for you. Three nothing is in walking or biking distance. Four lack of care about the problem from the general population. Five less and less to do in regards to physical activities, because of either no parks/walking trails(from the lack of public concern) or from nobody wanting to do anything physical> which brings me to number Six, No one has time, we would rather go to work for thoughs few hours and make some more money, or play BF2. Number Seven lack of knowledge, for me anyway I was never really taught what to eat or how to cook real foods, just learned the food pyramid( which means nothing nowadays) and how to use a microwave.

Well thats what I think has caused me to be more than my ideal weight, but would like to fix that, so Im going to do some sit-ups ,while, watching TV. (IT also helps that Ive been working at FEDEX as a package handler for 6 months lost 20 lbs so far, now just need to change my diet.)
Wolfren
+6|6665|USA
Also that Weight Watcher diet does work if you have the will power to keep track of the points of the things you eat, I was down to 215lbs from 240lbs at one point, but if you dont have the willpower like me and go off of it you will slingshot back up like I did.
beerface702
+65|6694|las vegas
why arnt japanese fat? i lived there 5 years. they had a mcdonalds everywhere?

its just our habits that is all. people cant control themselves here
beerface702
+65|6694|las vegas

Bertster7 wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

once i hit 25 i put on some pounds. im 5'10 and weight about 165 . that is fat to me, up from 148 lol

probably all the brew.

americans are lazy fucks. but europeans are too. almost every british person ive met is over weight and just as obnxious
OMG went to London last year to visit a friend going to college there and found out that their "bars/pubs" stop serving drinks around 9:30-10 wtf. Maybe that extra 4 hours a night drinking makes a difference. And I know the clubs stay open later but I do way way way more drinking in a pub then at a club. For one it takes you forever to get a drink at a club unless your date is banging one of the bar backs on the side.
That's not actually true. Pubs stay upon as late as their license permits, it used to be 11pm I think, but not anymore. Clubs in London are regularly open and serving drinks till 6 or 7am.

Most pubs are open till 12 nowadays, some even later, especially on weekends.
wtf? 95% of pubs in las vegas are open 24/7.

i used to bartend. dont contradict what im saying

some exotic places on the strip close at 3 am. but that's it
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6509|Bournemouth, South England
American fast food joints sell some portion sizes fit for elephants, A large meal in US would choke an entire town in UK...

Ban junk food advertising before 10pm, better diet education, and my new plan...

Make the doors at MacDonalds narrow, so fat bastards can't squeeze their greasy asses in the restaurant in the first place!!!

***Fatty Hater since 1992***
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6525|Houston (Spring), TX
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/marcoweirdo.jpg
Does anyone see anything wrong about this?  He has a gun in each hand jumping around in the middle of a park with kids and slides all in the background...

Thats horrible.. lol
Sandriatinhi
+15|6648|Apeldoorn, Holland
Nice Topic!

The lazy culture! Pizza-delivery, no more hardworking people (all Windows workers).
And of course the insane size of the meals. In the US the smallest Coke at McDonalds is a 0.5 L, in Holland the biggest you can get is 0.5 L.

And a said before; the psychological harassment of course. I'm not happy, so i start eating to make me happy.

I'm 6,5 feet and 170 pounds, thats because every day i smoke my after dinner joint.
So i burn up all my calories...and i do not drink alcohol. Only on parties....

Last edited by Sandriatinhi (2006-09-11 02:11:46)

Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
the same thing is happening in every developed/developing country.  with economic growth comes less activity, processed food, convenience coming out the ass, etc.  Americans are getting fatter, Europeans are getting fatter and the Chinese are even getting fatter.

Food is getting shittier by the day.  eveything has trans fat and high fructose corn shit, stuff we humans arent meant to digest.  just trying to eat health now can be difficult and expensive proposition.  is is so much cheaper to pull into the drive through and lay down 5 or 6 bucks for a fast meal that to go to the store, buy all the fruits and veggies and lean cut chicken and cook it up, you're looking at 10 bucks.

could any of the non-Americans tell me if other coutries have "all you can eat" style restaurants?  There are few thing as revolting as going to one of these restuarants and seeing 350lb. men, women and children shoveling plate after plate of starch and lard into their face holes.  I always feel like I'm getting ripped off at these joints, but it's like these huge people take the "all you can eat" title as a challenge.  They aren't happy unless they think the restaurant has lost money on the deal.  It is frightening.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6648|Apeldoorn, Holland

Reciprocity wrote:

the same thing is happening in every developed/developing country.  with economic growth comes less activity, processed food, convenience coming out the ass, etc.  Americans are getting fatter, Europeans are getting fatter and the Chinese are even getting fatter.

Food is getting shittier by the day.  eveything has trans fat and high fructose corn shit, stuff we humans arent meant to digest.  just trying to eat health now can be difficult and expensive proposition.  is is so much cheaper to pull into the drive through and lay down 5 or 6 bucks for a fast meal that to go to the store, buy all the fruits and veggies and lean cut chicken and cook it up, you're looking at 10 bucks.

could any of the non-Americans tell me if other coutries have "all you can eat" style restaurants?  There are few thing as revolting as going to one of these restuarants and seeing 350lb. men, women and children shoveling plate after plate of starch and lard into their face holes.  I always feel like I'm getting ripped off at these joints, but it's like these huge people take the "all you can eat" title as a challenge.  They aren't happy unless they think the restaurant has lost money on the deal.  It is frightening.
All so true. In Europe we are getting the same problems.
But the government in Holland makes commercials for tv with lines like : "Know what u eat!" or "2 ounces vegetables and 2 pieces of fruit a day and stay stronger for a larger/longer way" Don't know a nice rhyming, but in dutch it rhymes. And because of that people stay awake to know what they're eating.

Everybody must be alert with their own health ,i think. Otherwise you'll be visting the hospital more and more with aging. You'll receive the bill alwalys for your own health... (smokin, drinking, bad food, no exercise)
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6509|Bournemouth, South England
We in UK have some all u can eat, but we tend too do it in moderation. Its not about how much you can eat til your sick, it gives you the flexibility to choose your portion size dependant on appetite. Rarley see fatties in my local ones, but if it is all you can eat, the food is generally healthier, and more vegetable based.
arson
+99|6638|New York

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yes ledgewood is pretty close to Bergen it's in morris county I live in Bergen now.
I graduated from B.C.  Great football/wresting program.
malarkeycoon
+16|6641|Cardiff
Such a simple question with such a simple answer. Its the same reason every person in the world is fat (excluding the minute proportion of people who it is medical). The reason is that they eat too much (be that a small amount of high calorie food or a lot of low calorie food) and don't exercise enough.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

havok02 wrote:

Maybe they just sit at home and play bf2 all day.
Or type in forums.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok I have a few theories on this.  Being American myself and skinny(6'0" and 165 lbs), it makes me sick when I watch T.V. and walk around town everyone is huge. I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.

So theories,

1. Majority of kids can't leave there house cause they'll get arrested(if they deserve it) or just harrased. I grew up in the Ledgewood area of New Jersey which is a quite town and got harrased almost ever day I went out.

2. Knowledge that someone else is going to protect us so we don't bother staying in shape.

That's all I have now so let me know what you think?
1. Media saturation & subsequent lack of exercise.
2. Poor nutrition.

Even if someone's being harrassed at home and/or outside, they could still probably find some place to do sit-ups. It's just that people lack the will (or perceived time) to do so. I'm 6'1" and 250lbs (though don't look it), so I should hardly be talking.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-11 07:21:25)

lt.pritchard
+4|6639|Napoleon, Ohio

Sone wrote:

Does anyone see anything wrong about this?  He has a gun in each hand jumping around in the middle of a park with kids and slides all in the background...

Thats horrible.. lol
Nice shoes though not a mark on them you can tell he isnt in any flag football leagues.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard