..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
There are brown and blue wires on each side. Do I connect brown with blue?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

brown -> brown and blue -> blue.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
...pics?
EE (hats
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

Jenspm wrote:

Sure? I won't blow it or anything if I get it wrong will I?
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6435|Germany

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

That's the correct way. disable the fuse before (not sure if tha'ts proper English, but I hope you get what I mean), because you obviously have no clue what you're doing...
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Keep the light switched off while you're installing. If you want to be extra sure, flip the main switch inside the fuse box.

But yes, brown to brown, blue to blue. If you have other colors in the other end than brown and blue, don't wing it but think logically.

I think it's:

Brown: Hot
Blue: Neutral
Yellow/Green striped: Ground

If you have old wiring in your house, you might have grey and black sticking out of the ceilling, in that case they are:

Grey: Neutral
Black: Hot
I need around tree fiddy.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
I thought Brown is earth, blue neutral, and the other one is live. Might be red i dunno
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

SEREVENT wrote:

I thought Brown is earth, blue neutral, and the other one is live. Might be red i dunno
they're in euro land. tis different.
EE (hats
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

SEREVENT wrote:

Now we're confusing him.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
and really, as far as I understand, as long as you aren't wiring anything that really requires a certain signal flow (i.e. LED lights) you can swap the hot and common.... but the ground needs to be ground.
EE (hats
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

There are brown and blue wires on each side. Do I connect brown with blue?
This is, btw, something that would be a question before receiving a Darwin Award.

No offense Theodore, you know I love you, you sexy beast.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

Brown is live, blue is null, which is connected to ground in the central. You should connect brown to brown, as well as blue to blue and make sure that it looks really professional, as it is 100% illegal for you to touch that shit without a license.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Brown is live, blue is null, which is connected to ground in the central. You should connect brown to brown, as well as blue to blue and make sure that it looks really professional, as it is 100% illegal for you to touch that shit without a license.
What kind of Nazi country to do you live in? Do they carry out inspections to make sure all your wiring is certified?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What kind of Nazi country to do you live in? Do they carry out inspections to make sure all your wiring is certified?
No, but insurance companies like raping you for it. If there is ANY electrical fire or problem in your home, no matter how unrelated, an installation like that will render your insurance useless if there is proof of it to be found.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

No, but insurance companies like raping you for it. If there is ANY electrical fire or problem in your home, no matter how unrelated, an installation like that will render your insurance useless if there is proof of it to be found.
I think you've gotten that wrong, Freezer. It's completely fine to change/install a lamp, an insurance company will hardly rape you for it if you've done the job correctly.

So no, this is no nazi country (yet).
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6412|Finland

DonFck wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I think you've gotten that wrong, Freezer. It's completely fine to change/install a lamp, an insurance company will hardly rape you for it if you've done the job correctly.

yeah I think its perfectly fine as long as you don't touch the main wiring of the house. Really how many guys could say they had an electrician install their lamp? Not many.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom
with a light, you wont blow anything up, really technically doesnt matter. Though in the US one wire will be carry the current "hot" usually the black. and the White is designated neutral, useful for hooking up multiple wires throuch switches. If you are installing a flouresent light, the blue usually goes out the ballast and to either leg of the lights. Red goes to the other leg, and the other side of the bulb. The black is hooked up to the "hot" wire. and the white goes with the white. If you still unsure, look at the manual. If there is no manual, take off one wire at a time and install new one one wire at a time (I do this with motor controllers cause theres like 15 different wires sometimes) In 3 phase wiring all the wires are "hot", though I've never seen anything more than single phase in a house. Also, make sure you light is rated for the correct voltage, you dont want to install a 110Volt lamp into a 220volt power supply. Youll blow the bulb and might start a fire.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

yeah I think its perfectly fine as long as you don't touch the main wiring of the house. Really how many guys could say they had an electrician install their lamp? Not many.
I'm just saying what the electrical installations teacher has been bashing into my head for the last year and a half. Lamps with plugs are completely fine. Those with screw connections used to be, but aren't since a while back.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6412|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

DonFck wrote:

I'm just saying what the electrical installations teacher has been bashing into my head for the last year and a half. Lamps with plugs are completely fine. Those with screw connections used to be, but aren't since a while back.
Just double checked from www.tukes.fi

Doing the sugar piece installation to lamps is allowed without any special electical certification.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Just double checked from www.tukes.fi

Doing the sugar piece installation to lamps is allowed without any special electical certification.
I'm not gonna scrounge through that site for the quote, but I'll take your word for it. I'm gonna ask the teacher tomorrow about what he meant.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
Dont know about Euro colors, but I would say match up the colors. other things to do:
-Shut off the circuit breaker that the lame is on
-Get a couple of marrettes and if you want to go the extra mile, electrical tape
    Marrette btw http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe … .333_4.jpg
-cut back the sheathing on the wire so about a cm is showing
-twist the wires, the bare parts, together clockwise
-twist the marrette on to that clockwise
-if you want to go further, you can tape for extra security
-attach lamp to wall
-put in light bulb
-turn on circut breaker
-turn on light
If it dosent work, go over list again, if it still dosent work, try a light that isnt burnt out.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Cheers lads...I'm definitely clueless about anything to do with electrics so this was a lot of help.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

Nic wrote:

Dont know about Euro colors, but I would say match up the colors. other things to do:
-Shut off the circuit breaker that the lame is on
-Get a couple of marrettes and if you want to go the extra mile, electrical tape
    Marrette btw http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe … .333_4.jpg
-cut back the sheathing on the wire so about a cm is showing
-twist the wires, the bare parts, together clockwise
-twist the marrette on to that clockwise
-if you want to go further, you can tape for extra security
-attach lamp to wall
-put in light bulb
-turn on circut breaker
-turn on light
If it dosent work, go over list again, if it still dosent work, try a light that isnt burnt out.
You shouldn't twist installation wiring. The cables are too fat for it to work properly, and it too is illegal apart from in special cases according to my dear teacher.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6660|The Outer Circle

SEREVENT wrote:

no..............

Red or Brown = Live

Black or Blue = Neutral

Green/Yellow or Green = Earth

thats 240v, 415 is a bit different like
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard