chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Not available at this time.

A few weeks ago, EA began blocking most websites from downloading stats because the massive interest in doing so was causing an unintentional DDOS attack on their servers. I have been informed that EA is working on new solution for querying stats and as soon as it is available, I will be releasing an a new package.

This means that the old package will no longer work! So I took it down. Again, once EA has opened a new system up, I will be releasing a package to use that.

Sucks, I know. Write EA.
-=RB=-momimherz
+0|6817
hi im mark from germany . i am administrate some websides and im chief of the bf clan http://www.rentnerbriga.de

i just wanna say : i like the things you do to make it easy to get stats etz.
hope your engage will worth it

Last edited by -=RB=-momimherz (2005-07-28 22:37:49)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

-=RB=-momimherz wrote:

i just wanna say : i like the things you do to make it easy to get stats etz.
hope your engage will worth it
I'm sure you meant well with that, whatever you meant
BAD~KicksomeMass
+0|6818|Lahaina, Hawai'i
LoL yeah what did he say?
faf4life
+2|6817
Oh, come on...
He's german (just like me), so english isn't his native language.
What he was trying to say was:
He likes the site and he hopes that the effort, you put into it, will be worth it in the end.
At least I hope I got him right!

Eddie
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Ah, that makes more sense. I hope it's worth it too!
Humped
+0|6817
Hey champ - love the site. Great work with your stats packaging.

What I'm wondering is if you could direct me to how you get the players online status and let me know if you can also get their server information?

Im looking at developing a friends list for myself and my mates so we easily navigate to a common server.

Email me at my addy that I've registered with this site or PM me if you're happy to help, otherwise thanks anyway for the great page!!

Thanks,
Steve.
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6817
Can't wait till you come out with a new package!
BAD~KicksomeMass
+0|6818|Lahaina, Hawai'i
I understand now. I have a hard time trying to read translated stuff. I wasn't ranking on the guy or anything i ment what i said lol. Thanks for making it a bit clear.

Yeah i would say its well worth it. BF2s is the only tracker you need lol!
-=RB=-momimherz
+0|6817
hi this is mark again
yes know i saw the error in my sence
sorry
but what faf4life says means right
Stryker412
+1|6817
Skywalker,

Do you have a stats program that can track all users on a particular server? We host BF2 and would love to be able to post just our server stats to our users. Any info is appreciated.
gutzman
+0|6817|Montgomery, TX USA
Stryker412,

Take a look at game-monitor.com.  He might have what you need.
Gryphon
+0|6817|Everett, WA, USA
Stryker, not sure if you are running ranked/unranked, but there is a script that will track players on unranked servers if that is the case.

http://www.bighamster.de/bf2stats/
http://www.bighamster.de/

Last edited by Gryphon (2005-07-29 10:14:12)

Garrek
+0|6817
Great job on the site!  You stated in the first post that you're making the scripts available.  As the stat servers seem to be back online when will the files be placed online?
Wojjie
I personally think you should make the new package only query your server, and promote traffic to your site in return.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Garrek & Wojjie:

That is a possibility. I'm really anxious for EA to get something out the door, however, before I go and direct that very same DDOS power at my site
basiliskā„¢
I would like to get this stats package as well to put on my server.
Noxious
+0|6817|England
i'd like to have this package too as soon as its available
=[rf.eSp]= kappa
+0|6817|Germany / NRW
hehe *lol*     *g*
BoDGie
+0|6816|Australia

Stryker412 wrote:

Skywalker,

Do you have a stats program that can track all users on a particular server? We host BF2 and would love to be able to post just our server stats to our users. Any info is appreciated.
G'day Stryker412,

I coded an application to grab server stats in C# a few weeks ago out of boredom. I'll port it to PHP and would be glad to share the code with you

Trent.

EDIT: Or not... seems most PHP hosts (including my current setup) isn't so forgiving with UDP sockets. You could just use the code from GameMonitor.com

Last edited by BoDGie (2005-07-30 05:03:34)

DERERLEUCHTETE
+0|6817|Reinach, Switzerland
Hi guy's

first of all, thanks for the great site - a real musthave for BF2 Players !
I got the idea to develop a litte pocket pc programm (a .NET application) to see the rankings of
my friends. I've read some of 'www.bighamster.de' PHP Code and Pearl scripts. I gues i understand the basics of readning Statistics on a local BF Server.
But how do i read all the Ranked Server on the Net !? Could someone give a little hint ?

Regards

Peter

https://bf2s.com/sig_1.php?pid=43942394
Stryker412
+1|6817

gutzman wrote:

Stryker412,

Take a look at game-monitor.com.  He might have what you need.
Hmm while that is cool, it only shows players currently playing and their score. I'd like to have a program that will track stats on our server only (overall scores). This might be too difficult.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Stryker412 wrote:

Hmm while that is cool, it only shows players currently playing and their score. I'd like to have a program that will track stats on our server only (overall scores). This might be too difficult.
I think the member ww333 here is working on that application. Something like a plugin or something.
Stryker412
+1|6817
If true, that would be awesome! Keep up the good work. I wish I knew coding.
SodaBob
+-1|6813|Indiana, US
Perhaps you've thought about this, but what about making the data for individual stats pages available as simple XML?  Then you could allow people to post stats on their own sites in one or both of two ways.

1.  You could simply just allow a simple query to your server, such as http://bf2s.com/xml/PlayerID/ that would return an XML file with all that Player's stats.  The web site owner could then develop his own programming and site layout to deal with that XML data.  To help people do this, you could provide the nice graphics you use, etc.

2.  You could do the same as above, but also create an alternate version of your previous BF2Stats package that queries your server for the XML instead of whatever EA/GameSpy/DICE uses.

Transmitting simple XML might also help your server/bandwidth load, but I'm not sure about that.

All this, of course, is assuming that EA/GameSpy/DICE doesn't already use XML to transmit stats data , or that this approach would not otherwise open you up for DOS attacks...

Bob.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard