ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5370
I saw that the full version of Battlefield 2 1.5 has been released. I have searched thoroughly on the internet, but have not found anywhere to download it yet. Will everybody eventually be forced to update from 1.41 to 1.5 in order to play on most servers? Considering that the patch JUST came out, I doubt there will be many servers running it for a few weeks or so. I am curious to see what Operation Blue Pearl is like.

I heard that the new patch allows Battlefield 2 to utilize more than 2GB of RAM. Does that mean everything should run faster, smoother, and more efficiently? I have 6GB of RAM. Did they fix the "BF2 crashing into desktop with no error message" bug with Windows Vista? I've read that 1.5 increases BF2 support for Windows Vista. How does that help me?

I just want to download the new patch, and put it somewhere in my computer until I decide to install it. I'm going to stick to 1.41 until more servers are running 1.5.

Last edited by ISortGlass (2009-09-01 16:12:55)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6011|Aberdeen, Scotland
Can't have looked that hard, dude, all the main game-file sites have it

Here's a bunch of links.
MrAnderson

ISortGlass wrote:

Will everybody eventually be forced to update from 1.41 to 1.5 in order to play on most servers?
To play ranked servers, yes. There may still be some running 1.41 for a while, though.

ISortGlass wrote:

Considering that the patch JUST came out, I doubt there will be many servers running it for a few weeks or so.
Most of the big server providers will have updated already, now they just need to wait for all the players to do the same

ISortGlass wrote:

I heard that the new patch allows Battlefield 2 to utilize more than 2GB of RAM. Does that mean everything should run faster, smoother, and more efficiently? I have 6GB of RAM.
You should probably get a significant improvement. I'll be able to use another .5Gb, lol...every little helps!

ISortGlass wrote:

Did they fix the "BF2 crashing into desktop with no error message" bug with Windows Vista? I've read that 1.5 increases BF2 support for Windows Vista. How does that help me?
Can't help with this one, I'm on XP.

ISortGlass wrote:

I just want to download the new patch, and put it somewhere in my computer until I decide to install it. I'm going to stick to 1.41 until more servers are running 1.5.
You can keep both installed, just copy+rename your BF2 folder before you patch and run 1.41 from there.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5370

MrAnderson wrote:

Here's a bunch of links.
I tried downloading the 1.9 GB patch from your links, but the download keeps crashing at a certain point.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

ISortGlass wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Here's a bunch of links.
I tried downloading the 1.9 GB patch from your links, but the download keeps crashing at a certain point.
Try fileshack

http://fileshack.com/file.x/15116/Battl … 1.50+Patch

Even on the server for non-users I got an average download speed of 650KBPS and was done in 30 minutes.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5370
Are there still any ranked servers running 1.41? I'm going to stick to 1.41 until it is absolutely necessary to "upgrade" 1.5 due to that bullshit prone delay.
MrAnderson
So many questions, such little gratitude...

There are probably still servers, but they're unlikely to be populated. You might as well just accept 1.5 and get used to it...
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5370
I am having dire technical difficulties trying to download 1.5 from the link you posted.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6459|Chicago, IL
any mirrors that don't require a login?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6465|The Twilight Zone

S.Lythberg wrote:

Have you tried any of these links: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6459|Chicago, IL

.Sup wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Have you tried any of these links: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##
all of them, BSN and hypernia are down, the other three require a login
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6465|The Twilight Zone
You want a torrent?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6459|Chicago, IL

.Sup wrote:

You want a torrent?
nah university internet is picky about these things.  I'll keep hunting
TheGiantSE
+14|6483|Sweden

S.Lythberg wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You want a torrent?
nah university internet is picky about these things.  I'll keep hunting
what does the university care about leagal torrents?
well nothing about the us supprise me ;-)

www.speltorrents.se

really good and I got the patch in less than 10 minutes when it was released!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard