Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Casual gamers have always been around, Miggle. This isn't something new.

It's a problem with no easy solution, people will continue to have low standards, I will continue to be called a troll, and games will continue to be the same bland regurgitated waste that they often are. Maybe the casual user base will notice, but I would bet against that. After all people still go to bad movies they've seen trailers for, listen to the bad music because it's on the radio, and feed their obesity with food advertised on their 50" televisions. And all of those have far larger groups of concerned consumers than gaming.
It's always been like that, Miggle. Always. Again, none of this is new. I'd thoroughly nitpick your post but I feel it'd be pointless as we'll probably never agree.

Btw - I've never called you a troll because of your viewpoints. I've only called you a troll when you unnecessarily come into threads with the pure intent of being sarcastic or starting shit. Just like anybody who comes into a 360 thread talking about the RRoD with the pure intent of starting shit is a troll.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

But they haven't been nearly as prevalent until now, and they haven't had nearly the effect.

When consoles and PCs were seperate, with the PS2 and such, there wasn't nearly the problem there is now that microsoft has put loads of money into making gaming mean X360.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Miggle wrote:

But they haven't been nearly as prevalent until now, and they haven't had nearly the effect.

When consoles and PCs were seperate, with the PS2 and such, there wasn't nearly the problem there is now that microsoft has put loads of money into making gaming mean X360.
Or could it be that you're just noticing it more now that you're older. Not exactly far fetched, my friend.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Or could it be that you're just noticing it more now that you're older. Not exactly far fetched, my friend.
but the older "good" games were far less simplified, dumbed down, and casual than our current "good" games. I've noticed that because I've played both the new and the old recently. Sure there were dumb casual games back then, but they remained on the consoles where people were willing to buy them.
Ioan92
+337|5724

Uzique wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

What did you want in MW2?
bf2 with cod4 gameplay

kthx
you're playing the wrong series

just another modern warfare-era scrub
I don't think you quite got me there uzi, I meant that BF2 with CoD4 style movement and hitreg would be pretty awesome, because you'd actually hit that motherfucker that you're shooting at point blank.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
cod gameplay is about 5v5/6v6 s&d, not 32-man conquest or capture the flag.

it wouldnt work.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ioan92
+337|5724

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.
You're sure? I mean, would the hit registration and movement be impossible to implement?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Ioan92 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.
You're sure? I mean, would the hit registration and movement be impossible to implement?
The reason BF2 has bad hitreg has everything to do with the fact that it's 32v32 conquest.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.
The reason BF2 has bad hitreg has everything to do with the fact that it's 32v32 conquest.
+ bad netcode. Our internets are a lot faster than when bf2 first came out but there's been no change in hitreg.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Am looking forward to it, I have a 50 slot server on pre-order for the game, got a nice discount, I insist you bastards who are getting it for the PC (people still have those right?) get your arse onto it on launch day
Ioan92
+337|5724

AussieReaper wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

+ bad netcode. Our internets are a lot faster than when bf2 first came out but there's been no change in hitreg.
I'm willing to blame the bad net code, because cod4 does have 64 slot servers.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Ioan92 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

People willing to play on those servers deserve to be shot.

I can't stand cod4 with more than 3v3.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

Miggle wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

People willing to play on those servers deserve to be shot.

I can't stand cod4 with more than 3v3.
3v3? Seriously? 3v3 is boring as shit. You walk around crouched until you come up behind someone and knife them.

5v5 is best, 6v6 at a push.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
killaer
+41|6719

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.
CoD gameplay is whatever the fuck people want to play. There are a variety of servers for you to play.

CoD 1 + 2 had shitty multiplayer, outclassed by much better WW2 shooters like BF1942, Red Orchestra, Day of Defeat + Source, etc.

I don't understand why you are crying so much. If you are a 'purist' go play 6v6 HC S&D games, there's nothing wrong with that. Let people play CTF Domination Sabotage TDM FFA whatever the fuck they want with 50 players, because guess what, there are servers of all types for people who want to fuck around and have some variety instead of being massive cockeaters.

Then again, you're defending CoD 1 + 2 as being amazing shooters so lmao you play shitty shooters
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America

killaer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.
CoD gameplay is whatever the fuck people want to play. There are a variety of servers for you to play.

CoD 1 + 2 had shitty multiplayer, outclassed by much better WW2 shooters like BF1942, Red Orchestra, Day of Defeat + Source, etc.

I don't understand why you are crying so much. If you are a 'purist' go play 6v6 HC S&D games, there's nothing wrong with that. Let people play CTF Domination Sabotage TDM FFA whatever the fuck they want with 50 players, because guess what, there are servers of all types for people who want to fuck around and have some variety instead of being massive cockeaters.

Then again, you're defending CoD 1 + 2 as being amazing shooters so lmao you play shitty shooters
Dis man speeks da truf
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

killaer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

it wouldnt work.

I don't get why setting makes a difference, all 4 of those games far outclass CoD4.

If VCoD and CoD2 are "shitty shooters" then what does that make CoD4, because its multiplayer lacks all of the depth that they had. Its tiny maps, recoilless weapons, helicopters, airstrikes, perks, grenade launchers, grenades, etc make it a far less enjoyable experience than it's predecessors.
killaer
+41|6719
Huh? Are you trolling me or something? All of the CoD games have small linear maps. You're saying it has less depth, where as perks give multiplayer SO much more depth by allowing you to customize your playstyle and tailor it to counter the enemy in new ways. CoD 1 + 2 was a deathmatch game with a handful of weapons and rifles. CoD 4 is just that...except with more weapons, with perks, with customization options, and with different game modes? So...No clue what you're talking about
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

killaer wrote:

Huh? Are you trolling me or something? All of the CoD games have small linear maps. You're saying it has less depth, where as perks give multiplayer SO much more depth by allowing you to customize your playstyle and tailor it to counter the enemy in new ways. CoD 1 + 2 was a deathmatch game with a handful of weapons and rifles. CoD 4 is just that...except with more weapons, with perks, with customization options, and with different game modes? So...No clue what you're talking about
you dont have a clue what you're talking about, to be honest

cod1/cod2 had far from linear maps, far from small. some of the most classic maps of the series stem from the genesis of vCoD. the massive open field maps and maps with multiple-routes and paths were prevalent in cod1/cod2 but sorely missing in cod4 (and will no doubt be axed from mw2 as well). the depth in the originals came from the difficulty and skill-curves of each weapon, each map and each attack/defense strategy- in cod4 this 'depth' is completely gone and is instead replaced by recoil-less guns with barely any difference in lethality, straight-forward tunnel maps and then hence very predictable and routine attack/defense strategies. the fact that you find 'depth' in perks shows that you're easily entertained by gimmicks. you can't really value the 'depth' of dropping a grenade when you die or the gimmick of double-tap over the tact and refinement of mastering the BAR or Mp44, or the quick-reflexes of the beautifully balanced rifles. incomparable games, imo. cod4 comes from a generation of console-based games that gives each and every player the full range of uppers, downers, doohickies and big explosions and then lets them rip shit up effortlessly, whereas cod1/cod2 actually had a learning-curve... and they felt a damn load more rewarding as a result.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
killaer
+41|6719

Uzique wrote:

refinement of mastering the BAR or Mp44, or the quick-reflexes of the beautifully balanced rifles.
Bro, they're just guns, you're getting a bit over-enthusastic about them. The guns in CoD were like...uh..guns in any other game? There's not that much depth in mastering a SMG/rifle in a video game. It's not some sort of holy act.

You're calling any new feature you see a gimmick. Stop whining, adapt or go back to CoD and don't purchase MW2.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6513|Gold Coast

Uzique wrote:

cod1/cod2 had far from linear maps, far from small. some of the most classic maps of the series stem from the genesis of vCoD. the massive open field maps and maps with multiple-routes and paths were prevalent in cod1/cod2 but sorely missing in cod4 (and will no doubt be axed from mw2 as well). the depth in the originals came from the difficulty and skill-curves of each weapon, each map and each attack/defense strategy- in cod4 this 'depth' is completely gone and is instead replaced by recoil-less guns with barely any difference in lethality, straight-forward tunnel maps and then hence very predictable and routine attack/defense strategies. the fact that you find 'depth' in perks shows that you're easily entertained by gimmicks. you can't really value the 'depth' of dropping a grenade when you die or the gimmick of double-tap over the tact and refinement of mastering the BAR or Mp44, or the quick-reflexes of the beautifully balanced rifles. incomparable games, imo. cod4 comes from a generation of console-based games that gives each and every player the full range of uppers, downers, doohickies and big explosions and then lets them rip shit up effortlessly, whereas cod1/cod2 actually had a learning-curve... and they felt a damn load more rewarding as a result.
Do you play console or PC?

CoD2 was made for PC, hence large maps, whereas CoD4 was a compromise (ha) of small maps for the consoles and medium (read: larger small) for the PC. Although it sucks, its just where games are heading these days.

And I agree with killaer, though mastering a beautifully balanced rifle? I laughed out loud at that.

the fact that you find 'depth' in perks shows that you're easily entertained by gimmicks.
Apart from you, who doesnt?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6461|Ontario

killaer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

refinement of mastering the BAR or Mp44, or the quick-reflexes of the beautifully balanced rifles.
Bro, they're just guns, you're getting a bit over-enthusastic about them. The guns in CoD were like...uh..guns in any other game? There's not that much depth in mastering a SMG/rifle in a video game. It's not some sort of holy act.
Sounds like you've never mastered a weapon in vCoD. Every gun feels unique and requires a different approach to using it effectively. You can pick up essentially any gun in CoD4 and be a master at it with no change in your playstyle.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Arc wrote:

killaer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Sounds like you've never mastered a weapon in vCoD. Every gun feels unique and requires a different approach to using it effectively. You can pick up essentially any gun in CoD4 and be a master at it with no change in your playstyle.
this is mainly what im referring to

those of you from the console generation of cod4 and similar titles wont really be able to relate
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6253|England
CoD was great fun some of the custom servers were awesome especially the sniper ones the maps were fun Snipers Canyon v2 was HUGE so were the regular team death match maps there were some great gems there. CoD 2 was where the PC community was starting to feel let down it took IW 8 months to release the source code so any mods & mapping could be done. But in between those 2 games were the first console releases of the franchise & Activision realised how much money could be made from the console market so the snobby PC gamers suffered or so they thought. CoD 4 is what you want it to be I enjoy for the modding some of the sniper maps are fun & some of the custom maps are fun too may you should look at those to play instead of the vanilla servers.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

I think the main point that yoozeegoo is trying to make is that despite the large number of weapons in CoD4, they all handle the same. An MP5 doesn't shoot much differently from an M4, neither have substantial recoil, both have good accuracy. In CoD1 though each team had only a few weapons, they were all completely their own, and they all required specific skill to be used. There were bolt action rifles, which required accuracy and response time, I spent quite some time in rifles only servers learning them. There were sniper rifles, which had small scope views and you couldn't just hold your breath to keep them still, they were difficult to use, they took experience to be any good with them. There was the thompson, which iirc I never used much because I couldn't hit shit with them, they were fast but not particularly accurate. All of the weapons had to be learned, there was depth to them, each had their uses and each was very different, but none were better than the others.

As far as the maps go, there's a reason they've used carentan in all of their games, and it isn't the only VCoD map to be reused, quite a few were. There isn't a map in cod4 as open as pavlov or brecourt, they're all small, linear, and bland, not even fit for a 6v6.

Gimmicks are "features that distinguishes a product or service without adding any obvious function or value." perks have no value, nor do kill streak awards. They do the work for you, be it by killing an enemy with a grenade automatically dropped, or by increasing the damage of your bullets, or silencing your footsteps. They take challenge and skill out of the picture, so the game practically plays itself, and where's the fun in that?

Last edited by Miggle (2009-09-05 18:18:34)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
MP5 and M4 have the same recoil? Are you on shrooms?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard