Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Well thats pretty useless   Campus-wide wifi has too many dead spots and sucks the battery too quickly.
and thats pretty much why I have had such a low play count for so long...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

I thought there was a way where it would cache all your plays and then sync/update when you plugged it into your computer? I'm probably mistaken, as I only briefly remember coming across it in one of their help threads once.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

alexb wrote:

I'm not on the list.

username: saheeeb
gotcha, what is your player preference?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas
<- itunes, please

Last edited by Bevo (2010-12-12 01:25:39)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

ok
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

mtb0minime wrote:

I thought there was a way where it would cache all your plays and then sync/update when you plugged it into your computer? I'm probably mistaken, as I only briefly remember coming across it in one of their help threads once.
Most of the solutions I've seen involve a jailbreak .. which isn't necessarily a big deal.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

I'm reading some pretty outdated post on this .. I better verify the official app hasn't been updated first .. charging
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Well thats pretty useless   Campus-wide wifi has too many dead spots and sucks the battery too quickly.
It appears that so long as you sync with itunes within two weeks of playing the tracks.. It will submit your qued plays.
http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=iPod+Scrobbling

also note
If you played a track multiple times on your iPod, all occurrences have the same timestamp, and all plays on an iPod Shuffle have the same timestamp
If I'm reading that right, it would seem that you are going to only get one submission for each play of the same song.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

Kmar wrote:

If you played a track multiple times on your iPod, all occurrences have the same timestamp, and all plays on an iPod Shuffle have the same timestamp
If I'm reading that right, it would seem that you are going to only get one submission for each play of the same song.
Or possibly that it'll submit all your plays, but they'll show up as having been played at the same time.
E.g.
Joe Schmo - La la 10 minutes ago
as opposed to
Joe Schmo - La la 15 minutes ago
Joe Schmo - La la 57 minutes ago
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

I doubt that would be accepted by last.fm.. Try changing the clock time on your computer and scrobbling . Last.fm takes step to prevent padding... and that would look like play padding to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6634|UK
You get multiple scrobbles of the same timestamp. So if you listened to an album twice, and then synced with iTunes it would like like this:

Track 4 - Artist 30 minutes ago
Track 4 - Artist 30 minutes ago
Track 3 - Artist 34 minutes ago
Track 3 - Artist 34 minutes ago
Track 2 - Artist 37 minutes ago
Track 2 - Artist 37 minutes ago
Track 1 - Artist 40 minutes ago
Track 1 - Artist 40 minutes ago

Where the timestamp is the time that you last played the track.

last.fm is fine with it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

I did it and synced and hour ago.. none of my tracks have even shown up (yet?).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6746|Toronto | Canada

What if youre scrobbling music at the same time as when you sync it?  So confused
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
when you listen to music on your ipod it syncs with your itunes 'recently played' playlist, which is a smart-playlist and keeps timestamps. the 'issue' with it putting repeat-listens of the same song at the same 'time' is down to this feature of itunes: the 'recently played' smartlist only keeps one, singular time-log for each song's recent listen.

therefore you can sit at your computer, listen to music, sync your ipod/iphone... and it'll all go on your charts. the only 'discrepancy' will be that it'll seem as though the last time you listened to music was the last song you played on your ipod/iphone... until, of course, you just scrobble another track from your currently-playing media-player.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-12-12 10:47:34)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Mine didn't sync   Did you have to configure itunes/last.fm somehow?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
make sure the clocks on your pc/ipod are both set properly

you don't have to configure it anymore than to just install it.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Hmm, okay I'll attempt it again when I'm back at my computer. Maybe I need to reinstall the last.fm plugin for itunes or something.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas
Mine doesn't scrobble all the time, but it seems to catch most of everything when it does

it does have some rather... odd occurrences though, scroll through the number of times played or sort them by that before scrobbling. It works for the most part, but every once and a while it says you listened to a track or two 400 times.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Bevo wrote:

Mine doesn't scrobble all the time, but it seems to catch most of everything when it does

it does have some rather... odd occurrences though, scroll through the number of times played or sort them by that before scrobbling. It works for the most part, but every once and a while it says you listened to a track or two 400 times.
Playcount hax
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6634|UK
Mine has always worked well. I've never noticed any missing scrobbles. I have the "always confirm" feature checked - so I'm presented with a list of what's about to be scrobbled, before the tracks are scrobbled.

Had an issue last week with it not detecting my iPod properly - but I think that was mainly due to an iTunes update.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Ah, reinstalled the last.fm plugin for itunes and it worked.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
i left my last.fm on last night as well as my itunes... played through my entire led zeppelin box set :X
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

FUCKING PLAY PADDER!!!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
trust me, i wasn't expecting "darlene" to be playing when i put my headphones on!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

At least it's Led Zeppelin and not... Britney Spears

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard