Poll

Should people be allowed to indoctrinate their children with religion?

Yes41%41% - 31
No45%45% - 34
I'm Catholic12%12% - 9
Total: 74
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France
But again, you start with the "fanatics" and broaden it to everyone.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The question is whether fanatics, or anyone else, should have the right - whatever it is they are trying to convince their kids of.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France
See, is that "fanatics AND anyone else" or "fanatics only"?

Right now all of you comments seem to apply to the entire population
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

Dilbert_X wrote:

The question is whether fanatics, or anyone else, should have the right - whatever it is they are trying to convince their kids of.
The answer is yes, their kids are their offspring, hence their ability to determine their destiny up until age 18 by teaching/instructing/indoctrinating.  Sorry, D, there will always be religious folks around you.  Just gonna have to learn to get along.  I quite like the atheist nutters around me. 

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-09-14 16:05:21)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN

Uzique wrote:

well if that's the case bovine, why do you want some jew from a dustbowl 2000 years ago telling you what is 'right' to teach your children?

these arguments you use are pretty ambiguous
I've answered that several times on here.  Faith for me is very real.  I have experienced many things that solidify my beliefs.  I also think the bible is very wise in peoples nature and how to deal with many situations.  You of course can judge me and my parenting skills by the simple fact I am a Christian, or you could base it on the success of my children.  If they are productive members of society then why would you care?
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard