Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

liquidat0r wrote:

Peter wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is just a rumour
I don't think so.
I didn't see them getting angry and smashing stuff up.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Well that's probably an exaggeration, but it was reported that they really weren't happy with their set.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
They were pissed off. My mate was near the front row, BBC cut off the footage.

At one point Caleb jeered to the crowd: "Is this Reading? Well come on then!" because they felt the audience were dead. KoL are too big for their own boots now, imo.

Radiohead had the best set by FAR. When Johnny's guitar rip first comes in on Creep, that massive Vox sound, and the lights going off... immense.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Those light tubes were pretty cool. I know that's not really important compared to the music, but still - they looked cool.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
So tickets for 2010 just went on sale.

WEEKEND TICKET (Age Restrictions Apply)
    £175.00     £182.00

Fuck that shit. I don't really have £200 just lying around.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead
I just bought mine

well, 39 minutes ago

Last edited by Peter (2009-09-01 03:48:21)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
I'm not sure whether I want to spend £200 ...

I'd rather go to Glasto, I think.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

liquidat0r wrote:

I'm not sure whether I want to spend £200 ...

I'd rather go to Glasto, I think.
Problem for me is Glastonbury is hours away. Reading is a 15 minute train journey. Plus there are so many of my friends who go to Reading. We has a camp of 30 people and either side of us were two other camps of about the same size who were also from Maidenhead and we knew them too.

I'd probably only be able to get maybe 1 or 2 people if that to go Glastonbury. Reading is just so much more conveniant.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Neither are particularly convenient for me, so that doesn't make much difference.

I don't think many of my friends can afford tickets at the moment. Having just been to Reading and about to go to Bestival. As well as uni living costs & rent.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
My group's only reservations now is that Reading has just become a post-GCSE's party for little kids with shit music tastes and wanky attitudes.

It's no longer the NME-indie-coolkid fest that it was! I don't mind the ticket-price, but it's whether or not the atmosphere and vibe is worth experiencing anymore...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
Most of the crowd there does look really ... young. Presumably because we're gettin' old.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

Uzique wrote:

My group's only reservations now is that Reading has just become a post-GCSE's party for little kids with shit music tastes and wanky attitudes.

It's no longer the NME-indie-coolkid fest that it was! I don't mind the ticket-price, but it's whether or not the atmosphere and vibe is worth experiencing anymore...
Yeah, there does seem to be an awful lot of people there who have just finished their gcse's.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
Probably the reason why bands such as Kings of Leon and Radiohead had such a shit reception, relative to their other performances. They're playing to a generation of art-fag Florence & The Machine obsessed kids that have no appreciation or respect for the real paragons- let alone do they bother to learn their damn lyrics or sing-a-longs I expect KoL were especially pissed off because they were playing to a lame-ass audience that typically aren't even allowed to buy tickets at American 18/21+ venues!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard