vjs
+19|6820
Pretty simple here would be my requirements:

- understanding that stats padding makes you a complete idiot.
- have all of your basic badges and the majority of the ribbons.
- probably >8K points and at least 20 hours, playing an hour of each class.
- have flown a jet and understand that it does take some skill to fly, same goes for chopper.
- lined someone else up for the kill more than once (be it your bomber in a jet, the gunner in a tank of HC/BH), disteracted a tank for a c4 guy.
- been engineer in a blackhawk under fire
- fixed the commanders assets
- blown up enemy assets
- turned around to heal someone who requests it
- doesn't run away from medics while crying for one
- checks around before a revive (not always just most of the time)
- killed a tank in a TOW
- Shot down an airplane or chooper with an AA
- know where defended flag points come from
- know where driver special ability points come from
- says aweshit when they are not in a squad after 2 minutes of play b/c you changed maps.
- actually hidding 90% of a game while playing commmander, only venturing out to cap that unmanned base b/c people are not listening.
- resigned from any postion commmander or squad leader b/c your sucking
- voted no to a punish team kill
- appologised for accidentally ramming someone and getting the kill
- repaired someone elses tank or vehilce (which you could not get inside later b/c it was full)
- taken an enemy tank, chopper, airplane, and used it for decent amount of time without dying.
- swapped your friendly tank for an enemy tank, then use that tank to blow up the friendly one so someone else can have it. <-- understand why this is important.

Some people loose their noobish faster than others, others fill all my above requirements and still act like noobs even tough they know better.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6805
"Shot down an airplane or chooper with an AA"

I finaly got that one yesterday. . . since the screwy AA tracking I have not shot down an enemy jet. . . after trying and taking out 2 frinedly jets, and 1 friendly helo, not killing ANY thing else, I nearly gave up.  But yesterday I found the secret.  make sure the chopper is close enugh you don't have to aim.  Killed the hello spawn raping in shaqari, but died from the blast it was so close.

So I am officaly not a noob!  yeay me.

Hummer/Vod = best AA in game ATM.

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2006-02-07 20:40:27)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6750
I think you need at least 130 thousand points before youre not a noob. I'm glad to finally not be a noob.
shadowdark1974
+0|6713|San Diego
SKruples Come on you know that you still have you noob moment where you look at what just happend and say "What was i thinking!" or "Why did i do that! It was noob thing!"
    I know i do.....Normaly after killing my self one way or another!
And RUNNING head long to certain death and or trap counts! *L*
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6766
don't ever fly with a guy named Skruples... what a nub... j/k dude... this guy can fly upside down and PWN like a mofo...               CB
Love is the answer
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6750
Oh I still have moments every once in a while where I do something like... say... plow into the ground at mach 1. Or throw a grenade that bounces off a wall and blows me up. Or misjudge my sprint bar and fall off a building instead of jumping across the gap. Or hit 10 instead of 9 and create a new crater next to the tv station. Or watch that tv missile flying towards me thinking "wow, thats going really, really fast" instead of trying to dodge. Or see that red tag and STAB IT WITH MIGHTY VENGEANCE, only to find out that it was my bugged teammate (punished). Or get confused and point my gunner at friendly vehicles, which they proceed to blow away. (at least its not me being punished).

Yeah. I have my noob moments.
glopje_nl
+21|6720|HOLLAND
i dont have all basic badges and ribbons and a low score and then im a noob??
looking at my own stats i dont think im a noob http://bf2s.com/player/.glopje_nl./
(oh and my other account was wiped)
CBRacky
+0|6806
a noob is a dude that owns everybody in the round.  THe only reason he's a noob is because all the people on the recieving end of his gun are gettin waxed.  THey start to bitch and moan, and call him a noob.
JP3
+8|6719|Grammar Land
noob - a person or persons who thinks about posting/does post a thread on the topic of what makes a noob
Princess_Frosty
+0|6734
Not being skilled is forgiveable, building up skill takes a long time.  But failing to understand the most basic concepts of the game is frustrating, most long term FPS players have the respect to learn how to use the more complex assets of the game offline where it can't piss anyone off.
shadowdark1974
+0|6713|San Diego
Skruples remind me that if i ever play on the same server as you to make certain that if i am on the same team as you that i need to make certain that there is a roof between me and you! *L* been used as a landing pad for skydiver and supplies...... ""Hey shadowdark how did the last round go?"  Me: "Went great almost had a new kill streak till someone from my own team decided to test if they could jump out of a chopper and use me to break thier fall and live to talk about it!"
No they didn't do it on purpose and no they didn't live. but they did get a TK! for thier bad luck and keyboard ability! and I got the Headache!

Last edited by shadowdark1974 (2006-02-08 11:35:04)

maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6827

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

ok sometimes a ()*@Q#&%ing sniper got me to 2 health, so start jumping around and tossing medic bags everywhere, then i go prone and try to take down the sniper, with the medic packs insta-healing me. I usually kill him.

ok, i know its cheap, but if you are infantry, face me like a man and stop shooting at me from far away. you think you're safe with that distance??? think again!

sorry i hate snipers. all they do is hide and try to kill someone from far away, being safe.
cowards.

anyway, BACK TO THE POINT:   jumping around like i do, its not considered bunny hopping is it? i'm not shooting anyone, i'm just trying to make them miss their bullets.
you are the kind of players i love to snipe, even more in mid air and i don't need to be 100 mts to snipe you 30 mts are enough

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard