lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

BN wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Haha lowing don't talk about liberal intrusion into personal lives after some of Bush's wonderful policies.
shhhhh, don't mention the Patriot Act. That doesn't count as in intrusion cos Papa Bush said it was necessary.
Patriot Act has not intruded on my life one bit, however, anyone that has something to hide might not be so fortunate, and I couldn't care less.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6418|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

By all means do then, lets talk about it
Controlling people's personal lives, eh?

Banning abortion
Banning the use of recreational drugs like marijuana
Pushing for more censorship of things like profanity and nudity via the FCC
Banning sex ed from public schools
Banning the morning after drug (most of the resistance to its legalization was from religious groups)
Pushing for the disbanding of Planned Parenthood
Banning gay marriage
Banning gays from the military (which has since become banning the open acknowledgement of being gay in the military)
Supporting the trade and travel embargo with respect to Cuba (granted this also still has support among some liberals and was started by Kennedy)

There are others, but this is what I've come up with just now.
Absolutely non of that shit, costs me money. conservatives have a moral stance this is true, but not a single issue you have mentioned is geared toward separating an individual from their earned income.
I suggest you research how much the War on Drugs costs this country.
I suggest you also consider how much more we'd have to spend on social programs if abortion was illegal.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6161|'straya

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Haha lowing don't talk about liberal intrusion into personal lives after some of Bush's wonderful policies.
shhhhh, don't mention the Patriot Act. That doesn't count as in intrusion cos Papa Bush said it was necessary.
Patriot Act has not intruded on my life one bit, however, anyone that has something to hide might not be so fortunate, and I couldn't care less.
Just because you haven't noticed it intruding on your life doesn't mean it hasn't or won't on other peoples. Giving federal agents the right to tap your phones, check all your history/banking etc, search your house all without legal checks is quite clearly intruding on peoples private lives. Another lovely part of the patriot act says that anyone who breaks state or federal law can be classed as an "enemy combatant". So now you can go from thief to terrorist in one easy step. Hmm love how its all perfectly unclear? That could never be used against somebody, oh wait.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6780

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Gee, you would have been helpful during the Holocaust.

"hmm, they seem to be after the Jews. I'm note Jewish. All clear, carry on as normal"
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6012|The Mitten

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

"hmm, they seem to be after the Jews. I'm note Jewish. All clear, carry on as normal"
I'm just glad we don't have the HUAC.... just imagine...
EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Yeah, my govt. wants latitude to go after terrorists, more power to them. Fuck the burocracy, find them and kill them. Sorry if you choose to fight a war with kid gloves, but I have the attitude if you are going to fight a war do it, win it, and get it over with instead of pandering to  pussies who are worried about if their enemies pillows are fluffy enough.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Just because you haven't noticed it intruding on your life doesn't mean it hasn't or won't on other peoples. Giving federal agents the right to tap your phones, check all your history/banking etc, search your house all without legal checks is quite clearly intruding on peoples private lives. Another lovely part of the patriot act says that anyone who breaks state or federal law can be classed as an "enemy combatant". So now you can go from thief to terrorist in one easy step. Hmm love how its all perfectly unclear? That could never be used against somebody, oh wait.
They are not going searching everyone, only those that fit a profile and have reason to suspect. I have no problem with this.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6561|San Diego, CA, USA
That's why there are social conservatives where all that is on their list, whilst fiscal conservatives could care less.

Some Blue-dog democrats are social liberals but fiscal conservatives.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Controlling people's personal lives, eh?

Banning abortion
Banning the use of recreational drugs like marijuana
Pushing for more censorship of things like profanity and nudity via the FCC
Banning sex ed from public schools
Banning the morning after drug (most of the resistance to its legalization was from religious groups)
Pushing for the disbanding of Planned Parenthood
Banning gay marriage
Banning gays from the military (which has since become banning the open acknowledgement of being gay in the military)
Supporting the trade and travel embargo with respect to Cuba (granted this also still has support among some liberals and was started by Kennedy)

There are others, but this is what I've come up with just now.
Absolutely non of that shit, costs me money. conservatives have a moral stance this is true, but not a single issue you have mentioned is geared toward separating an individual from their earned income.
I suggest you research how much the War on Drugs costs this country.
I suggest you also consider how much more we'd have to spend on social programs if abortion was illegal.
I am all for legalization of drugs, as well as abortion. I suggest you realize that the cost of govt. control over our lives will cost more than any war on drugs.
Turquoise
O Canada

Harmor wrote:

That's why there are social conservatives where all that is on their list, whilst fiscal conservatives could care less.

Some Blue-dog democrats are social liberals but fiscal conservatives.
Most Blue Dogs are social conservatives but economic liberals.  But yeah, some are the other way around.  Most of them are the ones against socialized medicine.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

I am all for legalization of drugs, as well as abortion. I suggest you realize that the cost of govt. control over our lives will cost more than any war on drugs.
Would it cost more than having our healthcare system collapse?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Seems to me the only thing on the verge of collapsing is govt. controlled medicare, and govt. controlled social security, and govt. controlled USpostal service etc... and you want them in control of your health options? More power to ya. I do not recall anyone screaming that private health insurance was going to collapse before Obama got into office.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Seems to me the only thing on the verge of collapsing is govt. controlled medicare, and govt. controlled social security, and govt. controlled USpostal service etc... and you want them in control of your health options? More power to ya. I do not recall anyone screaming that private health insurance was going to collapse before Obama got into office.
Private insurance wouldn't collapse because it's about the only major benefactor to our current system design.

Several hospitals are doing poorly though.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-08-29 23:37:23)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Private insurance wouldn't collapse because it's about the only major benefactor to our current system design.

and based on my post, you really really think fuckin' GOVT. is the answer?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6561|San Diego, CA, USA
How would you like a customer that wouldn't pay you for 9 months for the services you provide today? 

That is Medicare and that's what doctors and hospitals have to deal with now. 

Need we point out the most recent government program, Cash for Clunkers, where dealers aren't sure they are going to get paid...

I <3 you Turquoise man.  I like how how you are very consistent in your support for universal health care.  You obviously understand that we have huge reserves trusting government in something as important as our health care.  We don't want it and it appears that most Americans don't want it either.

Good luck trying to get this thing rammed through congress...if they do it'll be watered down...
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

I think if I based my conclusions solely on your posts, I'd be in the Constitution Party.
Turquoise
O Canada

Harmor wrote:

How would you like a customer that wouldn't pay you for 9 months for the services you provide today? 

Need we point out the most recent government program, Cash for Clunkers, where dealers aren't sure they are going to get paid...

I <3 you Turquoise man.  I like how how you are very consistent in your support for universal health care.  You obviously understand that we have huge reserves trusting government in something as important as our health care.  We don't want it and it appears that most Americans don't want it either.

Good luck trying to get this thing rammed through congress...if they do it'll be watered down...
Thanks but...   well, I'll give you one thing.  Our government does seem considerably less competent than many others in the First World.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6780

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yeah, my govt. wants latitude to go after terrorists, more power to them. Fuck the burocracy, find them and kill them. Sorry if you choose to fight a war with kid gloves, but I have the attitude if you are going to fight a war do it, win it, and get it over with instead of pandering to  pussies who are worried about if their enemies pillows are fluffy enough.
So you dont trust the government to run your healthcare but you trust them to run wars and not abuse their power?
Turquoise
O Canada

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

So you dont trust the government to run your healthcare but you trust them to run wars and not abuse their power?
That's something I've always wondered about myself.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I think if I based my conclusions solely on your posts, I'd be in the Constitution Party.
and I think you are avoiding the question.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

The govt. has not proven itself capable of running any social program effeciently without fraud waste and abuse, so no I do not true them to run health care for an entire nation. They can not even run health care for senior citizens.

The govt. is chared with defending its citizens and in this roll I have no problem.

You bitch that they abuse power yet want to empower them even more with your health care? Makes no sense to me. It is for this reason I do not want them with more control.

Turquoise, this is for you as well.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Thanks but...   well, I'll give you one thing.  Our government does seem considerably less competent than many others in the First World.
Really? and how does your life reflect that?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

The govt. has not proven itself capable of running any social program effeciently without fraud waste and abuse, so no I do not true them to run health care for an entire nation. They can not even run health care for senior citizens.

The govt. is chared with defending its citizens and in this roll I have no problem.

You bitch that they abuse power yet want to empower them even more with your health care? Makes no sense to me. It is for this reason I do not want them with more control.

Your government seems to be one of the few incapable of doing so.

In fact, people are almost begging for healthcare to be nationalized here, god knows the states are useless at doing it themselves.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

Your government seems to be one of the few incapable of doing so.

In fact, people are almost begging for healthcare to be nationalized here, god knows the states are useless at doing it themselves.
By this I assume you support my opinion that our govt. should have no part in my health care if not because it goes against our capitialist society, but because thy have proven themselves incapable of doing so?
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5609|Vacationland
lowing seems to like to ignore the fact that you have to pay for the uninsured one way or another.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard