vjs
+19|6771
Couple simple questions...

Why are there planewhores and more importantly why do people complain about them???
Why must the americans lose almost all of the flag's on Oman before they start spawning on land?
Why can't the americans hold a flag on wake?

I was playing Oman one time with 16 people perside. I basically had about 25 kills more than everyone else combined on my team an we were still losing. Around the second time I die my comment was... Look I have more than half the total number of kills of the entire team and we have no flags on land anymore.

The response was "get out of the jet you plane whore" true enough... I'm a planewhore

My response there wouldn't be plane whores if there were not easy pickings on the runway.

Anyway my point is that people who scream BASERAPPER are generally planewhores chopper whores.

Last edited by vjs (2006-02-06 18:45:51)

washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6712
at least planes take time to come back to runways.. choppers just hangout on non cap base and rape the noobs

anyway planewhores ftw!!

i don't rape the bases tho.. i still get plenty of kills normal way
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6700
helicopters can hover around all day until they get damaged, then its a nice, long flight back to the helipad at the mercy of every decent pilot on the opposite team. Unless your commander is nice enough to drop you a supply crate.
sragoot
+3|6735
Hey if they cant get off the carrier more points for me, specially on wake my highest round ever from just bombing the carrier deck and blackhawks 144. Im a proud plane whore but I do give air to ground support if infantry are about to be over ran by armor.

Last edited by sragoot (2006-02-07 04:46:13)

luckybaer
+10|6774| Going Feral

sragoot wrote:

Hey if they cant get off the carrier more points for me, specially on wake my highest round ever from just bombing the carrier dect and blackhawks 144. Im a proud plane whore but I do give air to ground support if infantry are about to be over ran by armor.
Golly gee.  You're a real doll.  lol

:-)
Tagmaestro
+6|6705|New Jersey
Planewhore = lucky fuck who was able to get the jet first and everyone else is pissed that they weren't that lucky fuck.

I am the lucky fuck occasionally .

But I feel that the term is overturned if the pilot is capable of actually supporting the movement of ground troops. Of course, the pilots need to be informed of where the enemy is or where they are most needed. Synergy ftw.

The pilot's first priority should be to his or her team. This includes taking our armor when possible, and taking out other bombers; of course, the pilot must decide which is the greater threat if both targets present themselves.

The second priority is to him/herself. If the pilot is engaged by enemy air assets, jink! Enemy AA, jink! But remember to do your bombing runs when possible. It is very possible for pilots to get few kills during a round, especially if you have excellent pilots on each side. Good fighters prevent the bombers from removing people from the face of the planet, and prevent other fighters from doing the same. Stalemate is beautiful. Dogfights are the icing on the proverbial cake.

Tangents ftw.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia
well, you need atleast 400h n a given vehicle. Im going to do that until i get what im after.
airborne916
+24|6665
when im in a clan match i fly at about 700 so no fights will spot me, and when im needed i just fly down, i do the deed and i got back up.
scooby
+0|6726
my only enemy is CCC planewhore, how ironic. but he has been banned from every server he has played on, and hasent played in months...
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany

vjs wrote:

Why are there planewhores and more importantly why do people complain about them???
Why must the americans lose almost all of the flag's on Oman before they start spawning on land?
they have fun flying the jets and are hopefully good at it
because most only think about their personal glory/FR/points than the actual win of the team.
i actually mostly see the opposite lets say in 70% of the times i play wake when the USMC gets hold of a flag the chinese are doomed. but it sometimes takes a while till the right pilots are in the planes and make it possible for the infantry to reach the island.

im a plane whore myself if im the lucky sob whos first at the jet, otherwise i groundpound or whore something else
its justz an overused term cause its more and more getting ridicoulus that everyboidy is whoring anything so i dont mind, try to win that round and do what is needed for the team (most of the time ).
Duckeh
+3|6655|Middle O' England

vjs wrote:

- 'Planewhores' are usually good pilots, who somehow manage to find you as soon as they re-arm - about 4-5 times in a row - and ruin your shiney APC making you yell at your monitor, and yell at the score sheet, and yell at the 'KickVote' button until you've click it repeatedly. It's then common to yell "N00b" or maybe "You f*cking Planewhore Dickhead".

- Why fight for flags when it is more fun fighting for jets?! with you finger all ready hovering over the Pagedown button... well why would you want to forgive them? It's your jet after all! http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9868

- USMC can't capture/hold flags... cos' of those damn planewhores!!!1!!!11 Why i 'Oughta... You Wait till i find that 'KickVote' button.

Kinda sucks that people can't stand good pilots, i nearly got kicked just after getting my Aerial Service Ribbon, and that's only 19 kills... aparently it was boring... Wha...? Why....? Well Not for Me it Wasn't!!!
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6755|The Netherlands
It is easy though very philosophic
there are planewhores because there are planes.
there are alcohol addicts because there is alcohol

all happens oly when the situation allowes it
there is life on earth because the conditions on earth allow it
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

why are there planewhores ?

1. cause it's one of the best ways to get a lot of kills while dieing less. => better K/D ratio
2. those jets sure look flashy. I mean, seriously, who wants to get all dirty and stuff down there in the trenches, fighting tanks with your knife ?

there are two roles to a good pilot.
1. support your ground troops by taking out enemy assets like armor, APC's, large chunks of infantry
2. engage enemy fighters so they can't harass your ground forces while they try to cap flags.

Air support is crucial if you want to win in BF2. Without good pilots, you will get pounded into the ground every single time, especially on maps like Gulf of Oman, Daquing Oilfields, Clean Sweep, Dalian Plant and Wake.

On Wake, if ypur pilots cannot take care of the enemy jets, you have got no chance at all to get off the carrier, let alone actually cap a flag.

So, I don't mind a good planewhore, as long as he/she is doing his/her job. sadly, pilot talent seems to be incredibly one-sided during a lot of matches...

Maybe I'll finally have to get a joystick
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6711|Groningen / Netherlands
Rofl i allways get teamkilled by planewhores coz i allways get there planes
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
joysticks are better for new guys to planes, but mouse and keyboard is a lot faster.

why are there planewhores? coz ppl wanna be like tom cruise as top gun, even though the movie was kinda fake.
and u can higher kd/spm if u know what your doing
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
I2elik
+12|6752|Perth, Western Australia
Except Top Gun sucked :\.
Torin
+52|6692
People are planewhores (I'd know) because planes are the biggest killing machines in the game, and don't rely on a pilot/gunner (who in all likeliness will be a complete retard) to be effective.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
u know y people hate jet whores.. because u go around dropping bombs and flying away like pussies for an entire round and u think that takes skill. it bugs the hell out of me trying to have a good ground war and boom im dead and i didn't even see it coming and theres nothing i can do to stop it. fuckin jet whores.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Torin
+52|6692
How do you  know how much skill it has? Have you even tried to fly a jet and use it successfully? Or are you just another ground pounding whiner who doesn't have what it takes?
Chao2
+8|6715|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I suck at flying but I respect those who our good at it, they put a lot of effort into learning it so they deserve the payoff.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6730|Beerville, USA
If used properly planes are the most effective weapon in the game.  The problem lies in the fact that most pilots use them as a tool to best their own score.  When I fly I constantly am watching my HUD and looking for targets of opportunity that help my team.  If my team is advancing on an enemy flag or a flag turns white I'll do a bombing run to clear any immeadiate enemy.  If a friendly id's an enemy threat I zip over and give'em a present.  If my commander tells me to "Attack this position" I don't blow him off so I can go bomb the enemy main.  The only time I will venture over and attack uncapable flags or carriers is when my team owns 75% of the flags or there are no immeadiate targets to take out.

Own the skies and the rest is just tickets ticking away....
vjs
+19|6771
I have to say that I'm a planewhore as well, why because for the first few minutes of the round I can get about 10 kills without dying. After that it's bombing, that takes skill, perhaps more than I have.

I addition if the enemy captures a flag (wake) I'm pretty much occupying my time killing off armour and making enemy pilots life difficult. You don't get that many kills in a plane unless then enemy gives them to you. (HEY OVER HERE THERE ARE 5 of us waiting for the chopper).

I also believe anyone on the carrier deck is a valid target. Isn't this war after all. Raping the enemy by getting alot of kills is probably the best way to help your team.

Note to ground troops: spot heli's and tanks, we will try to take care of them... but when you see a plane coming don't run out with C4..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Planes = Points = Bigger Internet Penis.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

Torin wrote:

How do you  know how much skill it has? Have you even tried to fly a jet and use it successfully? Or are you just another ground pounding whiner who doesn't have what it takes?
Check my stats..mainly airial service ribbon and air combat badge. i got both within 2 days of installing this game! i was a frickin newb and got air awards, yea thats skill alright. then i realized jet whoring is a cheap way to get points so i quit. try operating a tank and dodge c4/carbomb/apc/mines/other tanks/and still watch out for jet whores. that is skill bro.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-07 09:16:40)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6758|Brixham, UK
If I could fly a plane well, I would planewhore to my heart's content. Hence, I can't fly well, and don't bother trying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard