Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

English wear too much clothing
BECAUSE ITS COLD 80% OF THE TIME, IT WOULD HELP IF YOU THINK FIRST THEN TALK
Really?

2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6704|Stillwater, Ok

shaga_delik wrote:

Only 80 percent of the time?  You must live down South in the tropical part then? :-)  Us Northerners still think the sun is some kind of mythical sky God......
LOL oh man its at this point in time that I truly love living in the US simply for its weather.  Can get to 100 degrees in the summer or be -10 in the winter. But hey atleast we get all kinds of weather.  Except hurricanes they can go fuck themselves we got hammered last year.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6735|Norway

shaga_delik wrote:

Only 80 percent of the time?  You must live down South in the tropical part then? :-)  Us Northerners still think the sun is some kind of mythical sky God......
And US northerners think you northernes should be quiet... j/k

And empires won't fall apart because peope wish to be free - they fall apart because a) the leader gets too power-hungry and reaches for somethinghe can't get (which seems to be Russia most of the time) or b) he dies and three sons, an uncle and two cousins divide the empire and start fighting the others for full control.

So empires fall because the leaders die, great to see mother nature playing a role in high politics

We should all have spoken norse, that's be cool
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6777
The Great British plan is for the next world war; send the entire American Army against the enemy so both forces get wiped out, then the UK's Armed Foces Take over both sides & Conquer All!
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6703|Colorado Springs, CO
Its kinda funny that everybody makes fun and hates America, but I seem to remember and quote me if i'm wrong but didnt America come and join YOUR WAR with Germany not once, but TWICE and saved your helpless ass's from being part of the Third Reich. Next time you wanna bash the U.S. try and think of the millions of American soldiers that went to fight your wars and died to keep you free twice. I'll admit that we do have some problems in our country, but nobodys perfect. I do like the U.K. and some other of our Allies
(NOT FRANCE) woops did I say that out loud!!! I just think that everybody forgets that we are a good country, but sometimes we do make mistakes and should be forgiven and helped when needed. I dont see much help on the war on terrorism from other countries except some from England. Just give the U.S. a break.
Smally85
+0|6748|Plymouth UK
Go on arabeater, find me a quote somewhere in THIS thread where ANYONE says anything bad about the US... I bet you can't! So try reading the thread and coming up with a sensible answer instead of a "we won you 2 world wars you ungrateful bastards"

Granted yes the US were a very large part in helping win both world wars, more so in my opinion the first world war than the second as their assistance shoved the Russians out of that war. In the second world war there was no way that the German forces were ever going to get accross the water to the UK so either we'd still be going now or the UK would eventually have amassed enough men to do D-Day on its own (with help from its loyal colonies). The only reason the US joined in the 2nd world war is because they were attacked by the axis. If the Japanese had the forsight to wait till Hitler had finished playing around in Europe they could have quite easily have taken the rest of Asia with Germany's support and then once that was sorted taken on the US with no one else to worry about.
This is an argument that every uneducated American and European will have until history disappears, its boring now. Thank you for your help in both world wars, stop reminding us that we came close to speaking German but don't think you "won it for us" because last time I checked two fifths of the D-Day beaches were landed upon by British forces, the same as the US
arabeater
I agree that Germany never would have invaded the British Isles(mostly because of bad leadership not because they werent capable of doing it) because  of your RAF and the U.S. Eagle Squadron. I just think the U.S. deserves more respect than it gets from our allies. Whenever one of our allies gets into trouble ie. France or England, they come pleading for our help but whenever the U.S. needs help everybody just sits back and pretends they have nothing to do with us. Thats completely selfish. Granted when I was in Iraq I did see more Royal Marines (those guys are awesome btw) than from any other nation, so I cant give England too much hell, but as for Germany, France and the rest of our so called Allies I cant say the same.
arabeater

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

The Great British plan is for the next world war; send the entire American Army against the enemy so both forces get wiped out, then the UK's Armed Foces Take over both sides & Conquer All!
Hollow_Man I believe thats a French Tactic. I would'nt wanna claim to do anything that has the word French in it.
shaga_delik
+8|6688|Brighton, UK
You won't find many people over here in the Uk who aren't totally gratefull for the US troops in both wars.   Hitler didn't even initialy want to invade us and went after the Russians instead.  Well he was a loony!  After the Battle of Britain the German Luftwaffe was in no position to support a land invasion of the UK.

So without the US the British politicians would probably have made an un-easy peace with Hitler.  I doubt us Brits would have liberated Europe on our own.  We simply didn't have the resources.  So what I'm trying to say.... is that I blame the US for the existence of France! :-)

I don't like to think we would be speaking German right now without the US.  I would like to think we would have fought them tooth and nail but who knows???  Anyway what was this thread about again?  For certain it's not anti US.

As for the weather over here?  Well we do have variations.  Sometimes its cold and wet, other times its freezing and wet......

Last edited by shaga_delik (2006-02-07 08:58:39)

chuckle_hound
+32|6689|Edinburgh, Scotland

Junior_Mud wrote:

I know this it out of the blue,  but maybe some brits out there can help me out...

Where would england be if it was able to take and hold its old world nations (Scotland, ireland etc) and if it didn't lose the States in the revolutionary war, and didn't let australia become a big ass prison, and lose that island (madagascar I think) and lose Hong kong etc..  do you think we'd all be brittish/english by now?

any and all thoughts.
(not meant to be a flame)
We realised (as America will hopefully one day) that it's a stupid idea to take over the world by force and opression.  Better to sort out the problems in your own country than make enemies by murdering others.

And by the way, England could never take the Scots.  We'd kick their sassenach asses.
ex-static
+15|6711
I wish we, Dutch people, weren't so stupid to trade New York for Indonesia . Maybe then you all would be talking Dutch.

Last edited by ex-static (2006-02-07 09:05:21)

bobislost
+3|6676|uk

chuckle_hound wrote:

Junior_Mud wrote:

I know this it out of the blue,  but maybe some brits out there can help me out...

Where would england be if it was able to take and hold its old world nations (Scotland, ireland etc) and if it didn't lose the States in the revolutionary war, and didn't let australia become a big ass prison, and lose that island (madagascar I think) and lose Hong kong etc..  do you think we'd all be brittish/english by now?

any and all thoughts.
(not meant to be a flame)
We realised (as America will hopefully one day) that it's a stupid idea to take over the world by force and opression.  Better to sort out the problems in your own country than make enemies by murdering others.

And by the way, England could never take the Scots.  We'd kick their sassenach asses.
i agree

well apart from ive never met a Scot who could kick my arse:p
shaga_delik
+8|6688|Brighton, UK
Well to get back to the original post.  Empires fall and rise.  Although in the modern world I think they are a thing of the past.  Could there be a new world Empire?  No.  In my opinion the British Empire was broken up by a combination of WW2 and the world moving on.  We had no right back then but we had the power to do what we wanted.  With no one to stop us.

Now we have the UN to stop opression around the world...... HA HAH AHAH AHAH AHHAHA

I agree the Scots fight like animals!  Always have and always will.  If I was going into battle I would want a huge hairy Jock wearing a skirt by my side.  If that didn't make the enemy run away then nothing would!

They don't wear underpants either.  Have you ANY idea how cold it is up there? :-)  Definition of hard.
makeuser
+5|6746|Texas

arabeater wrote:

Its kinda funny that everybody makes fun and hates America....
Seriously!  Holy Jebus!  Where didja get this?  Smally85 got it right.  Let it freakin' go.  There are 350 defensive/uber US posts that intoduce this bs.  Be thankful... and just stay on topic, plz!

GD!  And they say Texans are bad!
Skinnister
+43|6747|UK

ex-static wrote:

I wish we, Dutch people, weren't so stupid to trade New York for Indonesia . Maybe then you all would be talking Dutch.
Well im from South Africa so I can talk what we call dutch/english or afrikaans which is a mixture of both languages from when the dutch and english ruled south africa many years ago.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6701|Broadlands, VA

tehmoogles wrote:

So, if it's so hard to govern, isn't that the reason that America is so badly governed?
Umm.. no.  It's because we're a Democtratic Republic and only 15% of the people vote.  It's the most vocal 15% and since we need majority to elect any one, that menas that the government is lected by about 8% of the total population.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember that The American Colonies did not **want** to break from the British Empire.  The cause of the break was not "men wanting to be free" it was men & women who wanted to be treated as equals - not as resources to pillaged as The Empire saw fit.

Where the Roman Empire was amazingly successful was that as soon as a "nation" was conquered, they were all made citizens of the Roman Empire and were granted all of the rights, privelages & protections awarded to.  This is where the old British Empire failed.  Had Good King George learned from history, we'd probably be flying the Grand Union over our homes.

OK, so, back on topic - Right now the British Empire consists of the British Islands, and the Commonwealths of Canada & Australia.  We have nothing to really go on as modern day England has never either been directly attacked or started a real shooting war.  Would Canada & Australia come willingly to their aid?  There-in lies the answer.
makeuser
+5|6746|Texas

Skinnister wrote:

ex-static wrote:

Well im from South Africa so I can talk what we call dutch/english or afrikaans which is a mixture of both languages from when the dutch and english ruled south africa many years ago.
teabagger!
shaga_delik
+8|6688|Brighton, UK
South Africa, yet another place us Brits fcuked over.  Something that nasty Empires can get away with.  Fact of the day.  During the Boer war 1899-1902 British forces rounded up woman and children and forced them into concentration camps.  Not a German invention after all.  Also Winston Churchill fought in the Boer War.  Although I think he was more of a war journalist.

Anyway I'm yet to go on holiday anywhere in the world and not be slightly ashamed of what Britian did to other nations!  Sorry dudes.....

Last edited by shaga_delik (2006-02-07 09:57:21)

N[]thing
+0|6752|Uk - England - Colchester

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

england rulez man. mansfield massive !!!!
**COUGH** Chav.
makeuser
+5|6746|Texas

arabeater wrote:

I agree that Germany never would have invaded the British Isles(mostly because of bad leadership not because they werent capable of doing it) because  of your RAF and the U.S. Eagle Squadron. I just think the U.S. deserves more respect than it gets from our allies. Whenever one of our allies gets into trouble ie. France or England, they come pleading for our help but whenever the U.S. needs help everybody just sits back and pretends they have nothing to do with us. Thats completely selfish. Granted when I was in Iraq I did see more Royal Marines (those guys are awesome btw) than from any other nation, so I cant give England too much hell, but as for Germany, France and the rest of our so called Allies I cant say the same.
off topic sry,  arabeater, France and Germany are our allies not the 51st and 52nd states of America, they're autonomous nations making decisions that benefit them, we invaded Iraq on a neocon lark, they didn't get the think tank memo, u r a tool! Where's the !@##$%&*()!@$%&* benefit U !@#$%^&*() TOOL?!?!   sry, back to topic plz
makeuser
+5|6746|Texas

N[]thing wrote:

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

england rulez man. mansfield massive !!!!
**COUGH** Chav.
West Stains Massive!
Skinnister
+43|6747|UK

makeuser wrote:

Skinnister wrote:

ex-static wrote:

teabagger!
tea bagger, he must be a 16yr old CHAV, sorry wrong forum for you read the heading DEBATE AND SERIOUS TALK not talk shit and slag others off.
raz
+22|6686|England, UK
Hmm.. Well, yeah.. The world would be called UK, and also.. Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales basically are owned by England.. lol They are governed by the English Parliament. UK still owns.. Just not as much as US coz you got more peeps, bah! . But hey, we're allies.. So if you think about it.. We are the strongest allies force in the world. How about we take over the world? lol joke would be funny though hehe

Also.. English wear too many clothes? In the Winter maybe.. I'm a t-shirt an jeans kinda guy.. That's too much clothes?

Last edited by raz (2006-02-07 15:01:43)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6710
If gunpowder wasnt invented then you guys woulda slaughtered all the Americans and then we would all be blessed by Sexy English girls and not cursed by overweight americans <3
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6787|Toronto Canada
fook teh brits

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard