DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
I might try it out once I get my lazy ass a job.

Apparently Aoin will cost something like $40 monthly, so $15 doesn't seem that bad anymore.

Edit: After a little research, it seems I have been misinformed about the Aion fee...

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-08-24 10:51:18)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
Aion is a terrible game. I have played the Beta, very briefly, and it's going to be another AoC/WAR failure.

The only reason Aion has such a hype and take-up so far is because it's geared towards the oriental-style market, and has entered Beta just as the Chinese government banned World of Warcraft from their heavily-filtered Internet. Aion doesn't and never will compare to WoW. In fact, I really don't understand the mentality of people that clearly want to play an MMO, but always ignore the stand-out best example in the genre. Especially if it's your first MMO... it's a no brainer.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
I hate Rouges.

New expansion pack looks awesome though. The level cap only being upped by 5 kinda annoyed me. I was expecting it to go up to like 100.

5 levels doesn't seem that much, but this seems like a kinda small expansion pack. (I never played Vanilla, I came at WotLK, so actually I don't know if that's small)
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
Yeah you don't really know what you're on about. Lemme know when you actually subscribe to the proper game...

They're raising it by only 5 levels so they can focus on quality and actual content, instead of filling out a large level range with sparse and repetitive crap. That and they have stated since the start of WoW that they want the max level cap to be 100, and they have lots more ideas and concepts for expansion packs to come. If Cataclysm raised the cap to 90, then that would leave them only one more release with which to do the Emerald Dream and every other massive concept that they have yet to cover. Not that smart. 5 levels is enough, as long as they're fully fleshed out.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
Hmm I see where you're coming from.

Is Emerald Dream the next xp pack?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Uzique wrote:

Yeah you don't really know what you're on about.
Of course he doesn't.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Finray wrote:

Hmm I see where you're coming from.

Is Emerald Dream the next xp pack?
It's a massive area of the lore that they have only vaguely touched upon (with world-dragon bosses in Vanilla WoW), so yes it is rumoured.

There's so many potential expansion packs that they could come up with from the previous games' lore. Nobody really guessed about this Azeroth-revamp in Cataclysm until they announced it, just because there's so much entirely new stuff that they could be doing. I'm all for it though; to show the old continents some love and to update some of the old content so it isn't just a stale and outdated part of the game that you want to rush through and never visit again. Some of the old zones in Azeroth are fantastically designed and have an excellent atmosphere, quality stuff that seems to be desperately amiss in the TBC and WotLK content...

Plus, the fact they only have to fill out 5 levels means that they can deliver this expansion pack pretty soon. It really comes has a surprise that they decided to announce this expansion pack at this year's BlizzCon when they're not even half-done with their current expansion pack, doesn't it? They're clearly aiming for a smaller addition-pack that can be released relatively soon.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-08-24 11:35:35)

Brasso
+1,549|6639

'zique, what server did/do you play on?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

haffeysucks wrote:

EU Realms: Boulderfist, Auchindoun, Grim Batol, Chromaggus.

Got most of my characters either on Boulderfist now (Alliance) or Auchindoun (Horde), but have mixed alts all over the place.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

Uzique wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

EU Realms: Boulderfist, Auchindoun, Grim Batol, Chromaggus.

Got most of my characters either on Boulderfist now (Alliance) or Auchindoun (Horde), but have mixed alts all over the place.
are those pve or pvp?

anyone else here play on Galakrond?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
Haha, PvP of course... I'm not a carebear and I definitely don't sit around in towns pretending to be a virtual wizard on RP realms.

I played to kill shit, and I killed shit well. Top of the honour-system and played for a while in high-rated Arena teams.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
This expansion might get my back into wow, but i said that with wotlk and i havent bought that yet.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
... You ever played WoW? With all the abuse you dished out? Fucking megalulz... typical really.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6723|Purplicious Wisconsin

krazed wrote:

how did you get banned from wow?
My parents(my dad in particular) banned me from it. I blame my older brother for it.

Edit: Wtf is aion?

Last edited by War Man (2009-08-24 12:22:21)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

Uzique wrote:

... You ever played WoW? With all the abuse you dished out? Fucking megalulz... typical really.
Not at uni. Which was the whole point of what I said before. Megalulz.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

The whole point of what you said before? What, generalizing against all WoW players and trying to be insulting to people that played the game, when they weren't at University either? Your backtracks are confusing, yet oddly arousing...

@War_Man: Aion is a crappy Asian MMO that is riding off the waves of WoW - it has picked up lots of subscribers in Asia because of the Chinese government's banning of World of Warcraft to the 4-5 million subscribers there.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

Uzique wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

The whole point of what you said before? What, generalizing against all WoW players and trying to be insulting to people that played the game, when they weren't at University either? Your backtracks are confusing, yet oddly arousing...

@War_Man: Aion is a crappy Asian MMO that is riding off the waves of WoW - it has picked up lots of subscribers in Asia because of the Chinese government's banning of World of Warcraft to the 4-5 million subscribers there.
No actually I was refuting your claim to having an awesome social life while at uni, yet having thousands of hours of wow time lol, theres nothing wrong with playing wow at all, but the fact that you would rather spend time playing wow than socializing kinda discredits your claim to an amazing social life.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
WoW has been out for 4 years... my account has been inactive for nearly a year.

I've been at University for one year.

See the trend?

You've always been a ridiculously shit troll re: WoW on BF2s. Replacing your Warcraft subscription with console fanboyism for a year of University doesn't 'achieve' anything .
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
A map of the new areas that will be springing up in the classic Azeroth content... or at least some of it.

https://i26.tinypic.com/z6fi8.jpg
War Man

Uzique wrote:

Yeah I looked it up myself and thought it looked gay. Dumb storyline and dumb looking people. The fucking dragons don't even look like dragons and humans with wings, ? Anyway, I hope Blizzard Entertainment adds the centaur race in an expansion. It'd be awesome.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
... What.

Ahahaha!
War Man

Uzique wrote:

... What.

Ahahaha!
What's wrong with centaurs?
subz3r0mkt
+27|6686
I started off with the demo to join a friend that had already been playing wow since classic. Besides that, my only other interest was to pvp. Once I reached the lv cap, all I did was pvp- bgs/arena; I could care less about raiding, etc. until it practically became necessary when wotlk came out. Later I've found a pro glad to pvp with and reached some high ratings, which was dandy and all but- the pvp balance issues wotlk introduced was the last straw along with getting tired of the endless grinding.

Depending on other circumstances IE: available time to spend from work and a decent schedule, I might consider getting this but... goblins and wolves, whoop-tie do. I'll continue waiting for up coming fps titles to come out.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

subz3r0mkt wrote:

I started off with the demo to join a friend that had already been playing wow since classic. Besides that, my only other interest was to pvp. Once I reached the lv cap, all I did was pvp- bgs/arena; I could care less about raiding, etc. until it practically became necessary when wotlk came out. Later I've found a pro glad to pvp with and reached some high ratings, which was dandy and all but- the pvp balance issues wotlk introduced was the last straw along with getting tired of the endless grinding.

Depending on other circumstances IE: available time to spend from work and a decent schedule, I might consider getting this but... goblins and wolves, whoop-tie do. I'll continue waiting for up coming fps titles to come out.
fuckin werewolves man
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

haffeysucks wrote:

subz3r0mkt wrote:

fuckin werewolves man
As a "PvP'er" I woulda thought the concept of Rated Battlegrounds and all-new PvP content would be promising for you. As for "endless grind", pfft, you played during the era of Arenas and honour-tokens! The old honour-system, personally my favourite, was far more time-intensive and 'hardcore'. It would take someone at least 8-12 hours play per day running pre-mades and winning AB/WSG every 5-10 minutes for an entire week to get the promotion from Rank 13 -> Rank 14. Not to mention the fact that honour diminished, so if you even took a break for one day from the hardcore competition, there was a risk you could slip a rank. Anything from Rank 9/10 upwards really required some dedication and a high-skill and highly-organized premade team. I've played with my fair-share of Gladiators as well and Arena players are all welfare-epic pussies. The time I spent playing with and co-leading the top PvP-guild on my Battlegroup (<Off Limits> from [Misery]) was undoubtedly some of the most crazy over-the-top hardcore gaming I have ever done.

And promising FPS games? Pfft. I challenge you to find an FPS game that can hold your attention and keep you entertained for as long as WoW can! I've competed in all the FPS games worth mentioning as well - TONS of fun - but I haven't been able to sit down and play an FPS game day-in, day-out endlessly since, err, Call of Duty 1 .

Lots of new details are slowly emerging at the moment. For anyone particularly interested I would suggest frequently visiting MMO Champion and World of Raids.com. I'll post up any stuff that is 'big news' as I find it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard