SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6409|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
I really, really enjoy the exploring myself. Hopping all over Divinity's Reach to get those Vistas, the random PvE events that occur, it's a whole bunch of fun
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Looks like all I have to do is activate!

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/activatefail.png

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

you probably have a virus
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

lenope.gif
SplinterStrike
Roamer

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Looks like all I have to do is activate!

You can still play, just launch anyway. I have the same error
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Yeah, I had clicked play after it was done downloading. Figured I might as well give it a shot...and lo: character creation.

I'm sure it will ask me to activate later, though.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

should i get this game
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam

Brasso wrote:

should i get this game
depends on so many things.
If youre an experienced MMO player you will instantly notice that this game is lacking a lot of vital functions like dueling and inspecting.
You will also hate the way questing works (events) and the fact that gear and skill progression are extremely hollow (pretty much non-existent for skills)

If youre new to the genre, I would say go for it. It's the best game in the genre atm (imo) and thats actually saying a lot about MMO's these days, because this game still has some serious fundamental flaws.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-08-28 16:51:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

This game has incredible vistas.

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/11544230917488771072_screenshots_2012-08-31_00001.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

I'm pretty sure you have a virus
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6719|Ireland | Monaghan

I played the original Guild Wars for near 4 years, been waiting for what seems forever for GW2, when I heard about how the game would be (sounded like that faggot shit WoW), I was skeptical, frankly thought it would suck donkey dick. I pre-ordered simply cause of how good the first game was.

After playing for about a week now, I must say the game is very good! Certainly gonna keep me occupied for a long time. Some things seems clunky, such as targeting in a big fight as combat system. And the best way to fight (PvE) seems to be just run around with a gun and kite, which so far is what I've seen most people do. The skills could be more descriptive, such as Healing Signet / Dolyyak Signet, it would be nice for it to say how much regen you are getting and how much damage it reduces(unless there's an option somewhere to show this??).

The armor and most of the weapons look pro, Charr cult armor ftw. Suck my dick bitches.

https://i.imgur.com/Dyzoh.jpg

Also PvE so far has been pretty easy, but the dungeons are a complete cunt. Haven't tried PvP yet cause I'm a scrub.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London
The only dungeon I've tried so far was pretty easy, did it on my first try with a bunch of randoms.

My gear is just random greens I've picked up. Cba to invest in epensive stuff as you seem to outlevel everything so fast.

Also what servers are everyone on?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
PVE is much much better than GW1 since GW1 felt like the whole game was a multilayer RPG rather than a true MMO with open areas and not just towns vs instances. And its awesome how you can play as other races now xD
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam

Aries_37 wrote:

The only dungeon I've tried so far was pretty easy, did it on my first try with a bunch of randoms.

My gear is just random greens I've picked up. Cba to invest in epensive stuff as you seem to outlevel everything so fast.

Also what servers are everyone on?
Desolation
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
The down time of this game is just horrendous. Experiencing some server troubles when the game is released is something i can deal with, but the servers going down for an hour or so with every tiny hotfix (which is released almost every day) is just too fucking annoying.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Yeah that's very annoying and the fact they don't have the fucking only proper way to sell stuff to other players working is terrible too. The amount of bugs is annoying but I know they'll get them sorted.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
Here I was hoping to get rid of all my junk now that it's finally online. Nope... It just says 'Selling...' for a very long time and doesnt really do anything, I've already lost 2 vials of weak blood to it.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
btw, to those that have done dungeons: How's the coordination?
Because so far it's non-existent in PvE. The events just boil down to having enough players present to mash 1-2-3-4-5. I have had pretty much 0 communication with anyone regarding PvE issues or coordinating anything related to it.
To me, it would seem that dungeons wont improve this because the game lacks the MMO trinity of tank, healer and dps.

I have only seen a handful of messages of people looking for other to do a dungeon. Maybe there's a group finder function or something, but so far this game is about as social as tetris.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
Tremendous news people!
My story quest is bugged. I can enter the instance, but there's no objective there. I can see Eir standing there but i can't talk to her, just greet. It's the norn story quest Stealing Secrets (although every race gets this one)
Some other folks ahd the same problem so we planne don trying to do it as a party. Nope. Party invites didn't work/
Trading post is still extremely slow and buggy. Didn''t they mention somewhere taht the trading post would be the best mmo auction house to date? gg so far. I can see past the lag and bugs, but the interface is horrible, there's far too little options and filter imo and that whole order system looks like shit so far.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Well, the dungeon I was in was basically "respawn at the closest waypoint when you die and come back". For PvE the only class is, equip rifle shoot from distance gg.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
I did the Ascalonian Catacombs yesterday, had a rough time in melee combat as I would get butchered very quickly if I stayed still. You need to be VERY dynamic in your movements to avoid damage. Huge rewards out of it mind you, I entered owning 76 silver and came out with 1gold and 34 silver on top of replacing almost every item on me with something better. Lots of dying cause of lack of coordination and focus, but we got the hang of it later.

EDIT- I play on the DragonBrand server

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2012-09-01 08:38:25)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Miggle wrote:

I'm pretty sure you have a virus
For the final time, no.

It happens when you back the chase cam up to some walls.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
guild wars 2 is now "sold out" until they get new servers lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam
I just did AC (the first dungeon) for the first time (story mode) and then there's a few thing that bothered me about it.
I was already worried up front that it would be a clusterfuck, and boy was I right. It's really hard to tell the difference between friendly spells and and spells cast by the enemy (mainly the AoE) so it becomes really hard to dodge. But dodging often is necessary because ranged pretty much shits all over melee because its simply so much easier when you play ranged, mainly because you can avoid the mob/boss' big attacks.
It really is one big unorganized mess.

Its very profitable though. Made a heap of money and found some good gear.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke

Cybargs wrote:

guild wars 2 is now "sold out" until they get new servers lol.
Yep annoying as fuck, they better hurry up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard