How long have you had him?
just over a year
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
Good stuff Teds, I'm allergic to the little furry fuckers myself, but pets in general are pretty
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

Uzique wrote:

Good stuff Teds, I'm allergic to the little furry fuckers myself, but pets in general are pretty
Do you have a pet too?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
My mum has horses and my dad has always kept Rhodesian Ridgebacks, but I've never been particularly interested, no.

Dogs are fun for 15 minutes and then you just want them to /shoo and stop getting fur and slobber all over your nice clothes.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

Uzique wrote:

My mum has horses and my dad has always kept Rhodesian Ridgebacks, but I've never been particularly interested, no.

Dogs are fun for 15 minutes and then you just want them to /shoo and stop getting fur and slobber all over your nice clothes.
Oh you're family's richer than mine

I had a hamster 10 years ago and i've got 2 cats that are 4 in September.

But, my mum had horses too
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
I had a hamster once when I was about 10 - I built a huge ass £200 tunnel-city for him, took me all day.

Sadly my architectural and practical skills weren't all that great back then, and the next day the hamster was stuck in one of my particularly-impressive 'U-Turn' tubes and had died of shock/exertion overnight. I think the dogs barking at it added to the distress that knocked it off. Absolutely useless pet.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK
Oh no that didn't sound fun

But mine had one of those big plastic ball things
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

Uzique wrote:

if this is your way of apologising for calling me ugly, well it's not enough!

heartbroke i am
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Uzique wrote:

I had a hamster once when I was about 10 - I built a huge ass £200 tunnel-city for him, took me all day.

Sadly my architectural and practical skills weren't all that great back then, and the next day the hamster was stuck in one of my particularly-impressive 'U-Turn' tubes and had died of shock/exertion overnight. I think the dogs barking at it added to the distress that knocked it off. Absolutely useless pet.
Hahaha.  My friend had a hamster when he was younger...he tried to bathe it in a boiling pot of water on the stove.  He couldn't understand why the hamster was trying to squirm out of the little hot tub he made for him.  Every time the hamster would try to scurry out of the pot he'd push him back in.  The hamster died before he could try to dry him off in the microwave.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Hahaha.  My friend had a hamster when he was younger...he tried to bathe it in a boiling pot of water on the stove.  He couldn't understand why the hamster was trying to squirm out of the little hot tub he made for him.  Every time the hamster would try to scurry out of the pot he'd push him back in.  The hamster died before he could try to dry him off in the microwave.
W

T

F
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Don't knock hamsters, they're cute and fuzzy. I've never had any pet though, never cared for the extra responsibility that it would place on me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

Don't knock hamsters, they're cute and fuzzy. I've never had any pet though, never cared for the extra responsibility that it would place on me
get a cat then, they do all their own stuff, no attention really needed.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas

FatherTed wrote:

Uzique wrote:

if this is your way of apologising for calling me ugly, well it's not enough!

heartbroke i am
I'm allergic too, and I have 5 of the lil buggers.

And ken, that's fucked up. I don't understand why people fucking torture animals.
bennisboy
+829|6654|Poundland
yay

Altho you know he might have been coming home n you not realising.

One of my cats disappeared for a week as well when we just got him. He was an awesome hunter tho.

Then one day he was jus sitting on the wall in our back garden in the evening
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Bevo wrote:

And ken, that's fucked up. I don't understand why people fucking torture animals.
He was about 5...he had no idea what he was doing.  The bit about the microwave was exaggeration though.  He also had a snake that was wrapped around the strings of a tennis racket.  He thought it would be a good idea to swing the racket to give the snake a little ride - it launched like 20 feet.  I can't help but laugh at how he unwittingly killed two of his pets through his own naivety.  Even though its kind of sad, it's funny to think that he truly thought he was doing good things.  Kids are funny.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas
Missed the "when younger" bit but still. Someone should make him understand that they're living things that feel pain etc.
Defiance
+438|6679

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I can't help but laugh at how he unwittingly killed two of his pets through his own naivety.  Even though its kind of sad, it's funny to think that he truly thought he was doing good things.  Kids are funny.
No, kids are fucking stupid as you've just proven. It's not their fault, they can't help it, but older members in the family should have done something about it. 5 year olds should not be alone with other living things, ever, until they understand the responsibility of it's life.

After he boiled a hamster to death, how did he manage to get the snake alone and commit a similar atrocity? Perhaps there are extraordinary circumstances, and I only oblige that to not sound like a complete dick in a moment, but are the parents blind or could they not afford daycare for when they were at work? In that case, why have kids?

[thread] My cat, unfortunately passed away recently but had lived for just as long as I had at the time, went off for a year or so when he was younger. I don't recall the circumstances, I was 5 or so at the time, but he was gone one day and popped back year later.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

he was out getting pussy.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
Update:

Last week he went on a bit of a wander again, got a call last night saying he'd been found....

7 miles from home, and the only way to get to where he was is over direct countryside.

wts
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK
My cat caught a frog this morning too. Its madness everywhere
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK

FatherTed wrote:

Update:

Last week he went on a bit of a wander again, got a call last night saying he'd been found....

7 miles from home, and the only way to get to where he was is over direct countryside.

wts
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6419|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
He's out to explore the world
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6670|The Outer Circle
used to have a cat called Bob, he went out wandering came back 9 months later, stayed a week, then got run over
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5432|Athens, GA
theres a little cat that lives in my apt complex. we give it milk. i think it lives out of the dumpster

my old cat (the best cat ever) got his head bitten off by a coyote

Last edited by ph1shman420 (2009-09-08 09:34:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard