:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6264|'Merica
Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing.

Vick was the No. 1 draft pick in 2001, and once the highest-paid player in football. But he has not played since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

But after serving his time and being released from home confinement July 20, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension, allowing him to sign with a team.

Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games.

The Eagles travel to meet Vick's former team, the Atlanta Falcons, in Week 13 on Dec. 6.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938\

As an Eagles fan I'm shocked but at the same time excited.  If he gets back into shape, then he'll be a deadly weapon.  And hopefully they'll start playing Who Let the Dogs Out at Lincoln Financial Field...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

hows phillies dog laws ???????
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
omg the fans are going to rip him a new one.  philly fans are rough.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
I'm going to lol at the battle between Vick and McFail for QB ...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

He's certainly had a disrupted off season. Depending on not paying overs for him, he is still a risky buy imo.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6348|Iowa...
good,hopefully he can finally get away from all that dogfighting crap.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH

aj0404 wrote:

good,hopefully he can finally get away from all that dogfighting crap.
I doubt that but good luck nonetheless.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Red Forman wrote:

I doubt they're all hardcore dog lovers who would instantly completely hate on this guy for what he did. Only the internet is a bastion of ultimate dog/animal love.

Most people would probably not even give a shit

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-08-14 08:31:00)

13rin
+977|6477

Mekstizzle wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

I doubt they're all hardcore dog lovers who would instantly completely hate on this guy for what he did. Only the internet is a bastion of ultimate dog/animal love.

Most people would probably not even give a shit
That depends on whether Vick gets them to the playoffs/superbowl.  The guy is a POS.  Yes, he did his time.... But he is still a POS.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The guy is a POS.
lol, "Point Of Sale". i thought the eagles were happy with mcnabb and kolb, i dont get adding vick. unless they're are going to throw some wrinkles into their offense, but any team that sees vick on the field is gonna know they're going wildcat or something.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5595|Vacationland
anyone that cruel to defenseless animals doesn't deserve to even exist let alone play football.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Like I said, only the internet has such a uniform love of animals. In the real world, I doubt many people care that much, much less American Football fans.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

Like I said, only the internet has such a uniform love of animals. In the real world, I doubt many people care that much, much less American Football fans.
I don't believe that is true.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT
A bit disappointed in his actions, but they aren't heinous enough to deny him a second chance at a career or life.
spasticus5
A TEN! A TEN!
+9|6196|San Clemente(best city ever)

nukchebi0 wrote:

A bit disappointed in his actions, but they aren't heinous enough to deny him a second chance at a career or life.
TBH he did more jail time, and is  more of a criminal in the public's view than Stallworth. That man killed another human being for crying out loud
Mekstizzle
WALKER

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I do. People need to get out of their internet mindset and take a good look at reality. If you tell someone "that guy was jailed for dog fighting" they'd probably be like "really?" and then that's it. They wouldn't be like "oh my god what a horrible bastard fuck this guy I hope he dies in a fire" - I can't think of anyone that's that much of an animal extremist. Only the internet.

I seriously doubt he'll be given a very hostile reception by his own fans, probably when he's at away games because when you're away fans will pick on players for any notable facts.

Just think about it logically too. He was jailed for Dog Fighting. Not for feeding live puppies into a tree shredder for fuck sake. And like the guy above me said, some prick got less jail time for murdering another human being. Shit like that pisses me off, some of you Animal fags need a fucking reality check. And then you guys are the same people that go "oh lol PETA more like People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" and "I love meat, fuck vegetarians" and all that other bullshit.

Some people are such fucking dumbass hypocrites it's not even worth bothering.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-08-15 05:05:12)

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5595|Vacationland

Mekstizzle wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I do. People need to get out of their internet mindset and take a good look at reality. If you tell someone "that guy was jailed for dog fighting" they'd probably be like "really?" and then that's it. They wouldn't be like "oh my god what a horrible bastard fuck this guy I hope he dies in a fire" - I can't think of anyone that's that much of an animal extremist. Only the internet.

I seriously doubt he'll be given a very hostile reception by his own fans, probably when he's at away games because when you're away fans will pick on players for any notable facts.

Just think about it logically too. He was jailed for Dog Fighting. Not for feeding live puppies into a tree shredder for fuck sake. And like the guy above me said, some prick got less jail time for murdering another human being. Shit like that pisses me off, some of you Animal fags need a fucking reality check. And then you guys are the same people that go "oh lol PETA more like People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" and "I love meat, fuck vegetarians" and all that other bullshit.

Some people are such fucking dumbass hypocrites it's not even worth bothering.
So now the life of one human, while not the greatest choice to go driving while intoxicated he didn't inentionally do it, is greater then the extreme maltreatment and subsequent killing of 8 or something dogs.  Vick did this with full knowledge of what he was doing and knew full well, okay maybe not, that it was wrong.  You are saying that the unintentional death of one person is greater then torturing then killing 8 dogs knowing full well what you were doing?

Also PETA is just an extreme group, their opinions and actions do not reflect those of the whole animal loving community.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
He'll be booed no doubt. If Chris Simon was booed by his own fans after stomping on Jarkko Ruutu's leg (NHL), Vick most certainly will be booed.
thaddeusp
+5|5366|Clearwater, FL
this is just horrible... but they still suck the eagles never had it their way
FN1HookEm
+1|6598|DFW Texas

nukchebi0 wrote:

So hanging dogs from trees, electricution, drowning them while alive, staking them out for other dogs to train on and choking them to death isnt heinous enough for you ?

I'd love to see your definition of "heinous"
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
Eagle fans boo McNabb... I have no doubt that Vick will get a heavy downpour of them.

Banned forever from the NFL and 10 years of mandatory service (10h/wk) at SPCAs .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
lol headline:

"Hide your Beagle, Vick is an Eagle"
thaddeusp
+5|5366|Clearwater, FL
Creativity is such a waste these days spent on jobs. Man I want a pzone...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
Hey Micheal I haven't forgotten about you Just because Brett Favre is making more of splash in sports, you are still on the hook /rant
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643
yeah will see how he does, only time will tell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard