-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
OK no responses in my other thread so i deleted it.

I obviously need a sound card preferably from here

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli … p;catid=11

I don't know which one to get though as i have never had one. Also 2 questions.

Is it worth me buying new speakers even though i only ever use a headset?

Do i have to uninstall my on board sound drivers before installing a new sound card?

All help will be Karma'd

Last edited by -=]DeatH1337[=- (2009-08-11 00:55:52)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Why would you get speakers if you don't use them? Headset is fine. You need a card mostly for gaming or something else? And yes always uninstall your old drivers first unless you will be using both cards.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
Card for actually being able to hear things clearly i suppose. But yes gaming is a must, not necessarily music.

I'm just unsure which card to get. I also have my headset plugged into my speakers which is why i asked if i need new one's. They are about 10 years old lol.

Last edited by -=]DeatH1337[=- (2009-08-11 03:06:39)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
budget?
rest of set up?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
budget -

£50 give or take

Setup -

Asus M2N-E Motherboard
AMD X2 4600 CPU
2GB XMS Corsair DDR2 PC6400
WD Raptor 36GB
GeForce 7900 GTO/GTX
700W Thermaltake PSU

Last edited by -=]DeatH1337[=- (2009-08-11 03:26:48)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5866
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

The DX is one step above the DS. I have one of those, and it's a wonderful card. Best price-performance ratio on the market.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard