Barrakuda777
+86|6749|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
BAA first Meet (BAA – Battlefield Anglers Association)

All courses are admissible in the fish-off and any number of anglers are expected to take up their rods and bait in what is sure to be a hotly disputed contest.  Anglers are allowed to use whatever bait (placed explosive C4, Claymore, or Mine only) they like however it does seem likely that the sandwich (C4) is to be the favourite among this largely pro field.

The results and winners will be sorted by category –

Size of the fish
Size is the number of kills per catch  - > as in if u catch / kill 5 people at once that is a 5 pound fish,
1 kill is a one pounder etc…

Number of fish caught in a session
This is the number of catches in a given period without interruption - > as in as a streak, if u die your streak is broken and a new session starts.

As a standard it is expected that all participants respect the course they are on and refrain from running or the use of vehicles as this can have a detrimental impact on the mental state of the fish and other participants.

As with Sniper Golf it is admissible to have a kit-man (only 1 per fisherman) who is able to assist in the maintenance of the fisherman and his tackle (no dirty puns please!) . This can be either a bait runner (support) to ensure a steady supply of bait , spiritual advisor (medic - NO REVIVES plz, meds only) to keep the fisherman in the running through a trying session, or any other kit as preferred to keep competing fisherman or spectators at bay and ensure a good clean fish for their sponsor angler.

All results are to be taken on the honour of the angler but photos / screens of prise catches and or excellent sessions would be preferred.  Also please ensure that all kit men are mentioned in the results as behind every great angler is a great kit man.

Have fun and happy fishing!

Any questions please feel free to ask …

Kooda

Leaderboards
Size
1) Ali - 5 pounds
2) IA_Ace_oF_H4DES - 3 pounds
3) Ali - 3 pounds
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Number in a session

1) Ali - 9
2) Ali - 5
3) IA_Ace_oF_H4DES - 2
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-02-08 02:45:17)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6839|Lithuania
wait, what?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.
i dont get it.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6783|Rotherham, England
Nice one Kooda, I'll be trying this when i get home although I never really did very well at the sniper golf

You must have far too much time on your hands to keep coming up with these things but congrats again on another great idea for the battlefield
IA_Ace_oF_H4DES
+1|6667|The Cat House
I'll be the first entrant into the fray, which is also my first post on this forum.

I chose Surge as my lake of choice, and my tackle consisted of mines.  I did not have a bait runner, nor an advisor to assist me 

I started off fast, then the fish quit biting.  Right outta the gate (within the first 30 seconds of fishing), I had bagged a 3 pound fish, and a 2 pound fish.  That ended my session, as I was blasted by the third lunker coming into range.  After that, I had (2) 1 lb. fish, and my day on the lake ended.

****BTW**** I was fishing from the Rebel Side of the lake........

Last edited by IA_Ace_oF_H4DES (2006-02-06 11:30:06)

Barrakuda777

pedigreeuk wrote:

Nice one Kooda, I'll be trying this when i get home although I never really did very well at the sniper golf

You must have far too much time on your hands to keep coming up with these things but congrats again on another great idea for the battlefield
Sniper Golf was a very difficult game, fishing should be more relaxing!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6775

Yay! 6 kills (you can't see the other one).

is this how you play? i'm lost.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6722|Gütersloh, Germany
I fished on Karkand as MEC. I laid my bait in the alley lake near hotel.
It took some time because the fishes didn't swim to my bait
Then I caught three 1 pounder, a 2 pounder and a 3 pounder. I don't think the last one counts because I used two baits at the same time. Streak of 5 pound fish.
I had a supply crate from my commander but don't remember his name.
I will next time.

Edit:
@Coolbeano
I think suicide fishing doesn't count?!

Last edited by Ali (2006-02-07 05:00:41)

IA_Ace_oF_H4DES
+1|6667|The Cat House

Coolbeano wrote:

Yay! 6 kills (you can't see the other one).

is this how you play? i'm lost.
Wow, thats impressive.  Did you take down the blackhawk fully loaded?  If all those kills were from one explosion, I think you caught the lunker of the year.  A 6 pounder will be nearly impossible to beat.
Barrakuda777
Coolbeano, did you die before or after the big catch? If you were killed after it still counts. As you are unable to use vehicles i will assume you caught them all legal and update the leaderboard!

A fisherman can use as many baited traps at once as they like or can handle, so for example i can see a blackhawk booby trap and spawn point trap of all 5 C4 getting say -10 at a time.... its the walking thats the killer, it really is the sport of patients.

A good one would be MEC on karkand and trapping hotel and the alley way / fenced area and hoping they focus in that area!

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-02-07 07:42:29)

Ali
I got myself a nice 5 pounder two times yesterday on Karkand at the alley by Hotel.
And I increased the streak to 9 nice fish.

And for the fourth time I was one kill short for Veteran Explosives

Here is a screenshot of one of my 5 pounder. You can only see 4 but this thread made me to look in the scoreboard after every fish, to make sure I know the exact weight of my next catch and it went up from 8 (eight 1 pounder) to 13 with this bait.

https://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9155/5pounder5jg.th.png

My kit man:
UCBarkeeper - Commander, UAV
=TEG=CommanderKeen - Support, ammunition

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Coolbeano, did you die before or after the big catch? If you were killed after it still counts. As you are unable to use vehicles i will assume you caught them all legal and update the leaderboard!
I can't see a "xyc [Weapon] WhateverCoolbeano'sNameInBF2is" or a "WhateverCoolbeano'sNameInBF2is is no more" (for suicides). If he had died after the explosion you could see his name top left.

I'm familiar with suicide bombing aka jihadd jeeping and I know that the own name is displayed in the top left box after your first victim and behind the other victims when you blow yourself up in the same explosion.

yourname [c4] enemy1
yourname is no more
yourname [c4] enemy2
yourname [c4] enemy3

So it's highly likely that he blewed himself up with the same explosion. Maybe he put C4 on the MEC Chopper and rammed down the Black Hawk. The screen also says, that he were killed. Even if you stand on C4 sandwiches and blew them up you are critical wounded. You get killed and not critical wounded when you die in a vehicle or a direct artillery hit. So I think he used the chopper to get those kills. Also the death camera is mid-air and you can't see his body. That only happens when you die in a exploding chopper or airplane.

Last edited by Ali (2006-02-08 01:03:08)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6775

^ bingo.
Ali
Hehe, ramming the BH mit C4 on your nose is fun but to answer your question: This is not how you play it. Vehicle use is against the rules
Barrakuda777

Ali wrote:

Hehe, ramming the BH mit C4 on your nose is fun but to answer your question: This is not how you play it. Vehicle use is against the rules
^ What he said

This is a gentlemans sport of man agains fish, too much machinery cheapens the sport.

No vehicles allowed

@coolbeno - > get back out there soldier! Catch me a whale and you can go back on the leaderboard!

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-02-08 02:55:39)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6757|Houston, TX
Great thread here!  I've been at sniper golf for weeks, but haven't had much play time.  I'm eager to join the ranks, but am in need of brushing up on my angler's skills before I hit the water hazards. 
Q: If I bait my fish with mutiple lures (a la trot line) and all of them get hits at once, does this count towards one big catch? Or mutiple catches?  I was thinking of the central tower flag at Karkand.  A couple o lures at the flag and another on the roof (for the odd lurker with a scope up there)
Any thoughts?

KJ

PS love seeing the fisherman at my water hazards, keep reeling em in!
Barrakuda777

Kung Jew wrote:

Great thread here!  I've been at sniper golf for weeks, but haven't had much play time.  I'm eager to join the ranks, but am in need of brushing up on my angler's skills before I hit the water hazards. 
Q: If I bait my fish with mutiple lures (a la trot line) and all of them get hits at once, does this count towards one big catch? Or mutiple catches?  I was thinking of the central tower flag at Karkand.  A couple o lures at the flag and another on the roof (for the odd lurker with a scope up there)
Any thoughts?

KJ

PS love seeing the fisherman at my water hazards, keep reeling em in!
Multiple lures is acceptable, its the getting between the best baiting spots that causes the most problems, if you do set multiple traps you are more likely got get a moby but it makes getting a good session harder (you can use all 5 c4 at spawn / flags and get 10 kills but that counts as only 1 big fish, you can then resupply get 4 more and your score would be ->

Size - 10 pounds
Session - 5 catches

Its probably best to aim for one or the other at a time.

PS if you get any SPECIAL ANGLER BADGES whilst fishing do show them off here! (explosive badges will get a special mention in the leaderboard footers!)

Happy fishing
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6708|UK
do i have to but all my "bait" in a certain area or can it be spread over the.. um... "lake"?
Wheelchairdude
Leader of Cripples!
+8|6539|Rochester Minnesoata
Any videos?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6499|Melbourne

i like the idea ill play some when i get home.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6710

This is so retarded it's BRILLIANT. Oh and sign me up.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-08-23 19:54:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard