Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Back in the 90s, abortion was the hot button topic, where pro-choicers and pro-lifers could rarely come to any agreements, and it became one of those topics that different forums and social circles tried to avoid discussing.

Nowadays, there's obviously still arguments about it, but people seem a little more willing to negotiate on the topic.

It seems that healthcare is slowly becoming the big divisive issue now.  What do you guys think?  The Iraq War was divisive too, but it doesn't seem as controversial as socialized care is.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-08-03 18:54:01)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
I do not think so.  Just like Gitmo was the hot topic until Bush left office.  Now nobody gives a toss.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Sorry Turq I don't think so. Abortion and Iraq were more issues about people's morals and right and wrong. This is about practicality.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6668|BC, Canada
I think its funny. Being from Canada I love my health care, and find it funny how many people are dead set against it. I do agree with Obama trying to get it through, but I think he is making to many changes to quickly. He should keep the number of battles he is fighting at one time though.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
The Iraq war was a crime. It was a sham to prohibit the rackies from trading in Euroes. National interests aside.
Socialized health care is high fiving global warming as the trendy scam to fuck people over. Sadly, the government is now the official fucker.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

ATG wrote:

The Iraq war was a crime.
All war is a crime
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6731|Eastern PA

Red Forman wrote:

ATG wrote:

All war is a crime
Negative.
Turquoise
O Canada

Red Forman wrote:

ATG wrote:

All war is a crime
Some war is necessary.
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

The Iraq war was a crime. It was a sham to prohibit the rackies from trading in Euroes. National interests aside.
Socialized health care is high fiving global warming as the trendy scam to fuck people over. Sadly, the government is now the official fucker.
Socialized healthcare is the "trend" of the First World outside of the U.S.   It's a trend we really need to take a closer look at.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard