ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
I don't know whether to be afraid or happy. There is justifiable fear that this could be a big suckers rally. Of course, expect gas prices to go up.

But also, home prices are stabilizing...could the worst of it finally be over?

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/ma … index.aspx
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Damn, haven't seen that for a while.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5417
Stocks are the whole economy
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

biotech's are the only thing down

ATG wrote:

Of course, expect gas prices to go up.
i didn't see the home collapse coming last year.
i thought the outrageous rise in the fuel markets killed everything - now i see it just helped.

my equity's still gone, tho.
ATG
Banned
Mine too. Inflation should solve that for us, if we manage to stay in our homes. I paid 435k and it is rated currently at 240k.

That is a big kick in the nuts, but whatiyado?

Swan wrote:

No, never said that. But, a lot of what is going on is driven by fear. If people see the market is recovering the will feel better about spending money again...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
it ain't over yet
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

Stubbee wrote:

it ain't over yet
true. but it has to bottom out, and i think Grapes point is, are we seeing the bottom yet? alot depends on employment- for the private sector to start spending, the private sector needs to have a job.
. . and not a temporary one.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

I jumped on GE when it dipped down to $8 a share
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370
yay!  Oh wait, why did they rise?  that's right, second quarter results.  Which, for most companies right now mean layoffs, which means less overhead, which means more streamlined, which means more profit.  Yay for wallstreet.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Red is right actually -_-
ATG
Banned
I wouldn't make a post about one day spawn.

It seems to be holding solid above 9k for quite  a while.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370

ATG wrote:

I wouldn't make a post about one day spawn.

It seems to be holding solid above 9k for quite  a while.
Aye.  But, people know results would suck.  People knew layoffs and cuts would be deep.  Get in small and sell big.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5417

ATG wrote:

Mine too. Inflation should solve that for us, if we manage to stay in our homes. I paid 435k and it is rated currently at 240k.

That is a big kick in the nuts, but whatiyado?

Swan wrote:

No, never said that. But, a lot of what is going on is driven by fear. If people see the market is recovering the will feel better about spending money again...
It is this ignorance of how money the economy works that has gotten many people into the trouble they are in. To me feeling good about the stock market is just as good as feeling about how tea leaves read.
ATG
Banned
Jesus, must I also talk about housing starts?

Being a nattering naybob of negativity is my trademark. You guys all just try and keep smiling. Paranoia and doom and gloom, I got covered.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Housing starts aren't the whole economy

Just kidding
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Keep in mind that some of the companies quoting large profits for last quarter also received TARP money...which isn't reflected in their balance sheets.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

SEREMAKER wrote:

I jumped on GE when it dipped down to $8 a share
I wish I'd gotten into Bank of America. They were down to 3.14 a share, now they're up to 14.41 (as of right now atleast).

Same thing with Ford.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

FEOS wrote:

Keep in mind that some of the companies quoting large profits for last quarter also received TARP money...which isn't reflected in their balance sheets.
How can it not be reflected in their balance sheets? If they received the money, it has to be accounted for somewhere..
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

mcminty wrote:

FEOS wrote:

How can it not be reflected in their balance sheets? If they received the money, it has to be accounted for somewhere..
You missed the Congressional testimony of the TARP IG that Kmarion posted a while back, didn't you?

Your first question is to the point, however. The answer is: the government LETS them not reflect it on their balance sheets.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517

FEOS wrote:

mcminty wrote:

FEOS wrote:

You missed the Congressional testimony of the TARP IG that Kmarion posted a while back, didn't you?

Your first question is to the point, however. The answer is: the government LETS them not reflect it on their balance sheets.
linky please.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Scratch[USA] wrote:

FEOS wrote:

mcminty wrote:

linky please.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=127982
― Albert Einstein

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

FEOS wrote:

mcminty wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I must admit that, living in Australia,  I don't really know that much about the more intricate details of TARP. Hell, I only found out what it stood for yesterday when I googled it

I've just started the commerce side of my degree, so at the moment I'm getting hit up with a lot of finance, economics and accounting - which I guess is why I find this thread kind of interesting..

But I'm still miffed as to why it was done as off-balance sheet funds (ie. those that don't fall within the accounting definition of an asset or liability). While many entities do chose to declare OBS funds, they don't have to. Why then would the government, when spending so much money, choose something that isn't transparent?!
ATG
Banned
Because they know they are criminals and their mission is to destroy America.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

ATG wrote:

Because they know they are criminals and their mission is to destroy America.
Ehh not really.

They are criminals and their mission is to take as much money for themselves, but have no ethics to care about others.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard