BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5995|Dallas
For those not in the know, this is a hacky-sack:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Hacky.jpg

A game of wits, daring, and quick feet, it was originally started as a college fad. Quickly spreading around the world, it has many players. It has even started teams and tournaments. From hacky-volleyball to ultimate-hacky, there's always something to do with a hacky-sack.

Anyone like hacky-sack?

ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5423|Athens, GA
god damn hippies
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
hack it here... then someone say hack back to "name" that way will pretend we are playing hacky-sack
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I love to hacky.  When I was in Waikiki pretty much all I did in my free time was swim, hacky and smoke doobies in the park.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I love to hacky.  When I was in Waikiki pretty much all I did in my free time was swim, hacky and smoke doobies in the park.
You're such a hippy!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

ghettoperson wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You're such a hippy!
That's what everyone keeps saying but I'm really not.  Get me like 4 years ago when I had long hair, maybe.

I shower and groom regularly, hate the smell of patchouli and when I hear the words tie-dye I think of the Star Wars Death Star scene.
13rin
+977|6478
I have no idea of where mine is... I took out some of the beads and ran it over in the Suburban several times to 'crush' the beads in it.  I was ok, then again I played soccer -so juggeling came kind of easy to me.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I have no idea of where mine is... I took out some of the beads and ran it over in the Suburban several times to 'crush' the beads in it.  I was ok, then again I played soccer -so juggeling came kind of easy to me.
That's exactly what you have to do - take some of the beads out and crush the shit out of it.  Much easier to manipulate.  I can do jestars and a few foot stalls (top of the foot, side of the foot, etc) but I've got a buddy who is absolutely amazing.  But it's no fun hacking with him because he's just trying these insane moves all the time.

My favorite is one I have that is purple and gold.  Well it was purple and gold, now its brown and darker brown.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5931|CA
I wasted two years of my life mastering this sport.  It was so much better than, you know, working.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5423|Athens, GA
i wish i was a cali boi
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
This isn't a sport.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5423|Athens, GA
youre not a sport
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Dispite your report WarMan I'd say that hacky-sack is a sport or is at least enough of a sport to be in the Sport section.

Nearly every lunch break at school me and my friends used to play Hacky-Sack. We got pretty good too. We then invented Hacky-Sack rugby which was a lot of fun albeit painful. It was meant to be a non-contact sport but when you're trying to kick the sack away from the person who's got it it's not all that outlandish to suggest that someone's going to get kicked in the balls.

Hacky-Rugby

Two teams on a field of a length/width determined by the area avaliable and agreed to by both teams.

One team has the hacky-sack and starts off. The aim is to get across the tryline while keeping the hacky-sack in control. Can pass to their team mate(s) but a dropped hacky-sack equals a turn-over. The defending team has to try to get the hacky-sack off the other team but as this is a non-contact sport actually tackling and kicking the players is discouraged. The defending team gets the hacky-sack by either intercepting or if the attacking team drops it. Intercepting can be difficult as of course it's more than just kicking the hacky-sack away, it has to still be in control.

In regards to dropping the hacky-sack generally the team forfeitting the hacky-sack will be the team who touched it last, (before it hit the ground.) However kicking the hacky-sack into an opposition member, (thus making them the last team to touch it,) is against the rules.

Forward passing is allowed but the sack has to be "carried" across the tryline by one person, it can not be passed across.
Person scoring the try must be "in control" of the hacky-sack before a point will be awarded. Once the hacky-sack has crossed the tryline the defending team can not interfere.

Oh, also you can't stall it and run/walk/hop with it.

It's an awesome game, I'd suggest not playing it on concrete though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
It didn't start out as a college fad. We've been doing that with fucking footballs for a long time.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫

Mekstizzle wrote:

It didn't start out as a college fad. We've been doing that with fucking footballs for a long time.
ssssh   that is a European secret
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
If hacky-sack is a sport, then that means jump rope is a sport.

ph1shman420 wrote:

youre not a sport
Way to go Captain Obvious.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6365|California
ahhh I remember hacky sack in middle school that was the shiznit back then and still is now
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6675|respawn screen
looks like riverdance
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

menzo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

ssssh   that is a European secret
Yeah and cavemen were kicking around rocks millenia ago too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard