lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. Only 20% of them are Arabic.

If Islam was such a threat the racial profiling would be targeting mostly Asians.
Ah, lrn2data.

The ones who blow people up aren't Asians. The validated data would point one toward the Arabic persuasion.
Learn to read facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings

These bombers were certainly Asian. Certainly Muslim. And certainly blew people up.

Or is that not validated enough for you because the terrorists isn't Arabic?
I missed it, where did it say they were Asian? With Bin Ladan claiming it, it sure sounds middle eastern to me.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6745|Sydney, Australia

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Ah, lrn2data.

The ones who blow people up aren't Asians. The validated data would point one toward the Arabic persuasion.
Learn to read facts:

These bombers were certainly Asian. Certainly Muslim. And certainly blew people up.

I missed it, where did it say they were Asian? With Bin Ladan claiming it, it sure sounds middle eastern to me.

It was carried out by Jemaah Islamiah...a Southeast Asian militant Islamic organization..
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6176|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Ah, lrn2data.

Learn to read facts:

Truly your ignorance knows no bounds.

Jemaah Islamiah [1]  (Arabic: الجماعه الإسلاميه‎, al-Jamāʿh al-Islāmiyah, meaning "Islamic Congregation", frequently abbreviated JI),[2]  is a Southeast Asian militant Islamic organization dedicated to the establishment of a Daulah Islamiyah[3]  (Islamic State) in Southeast Asia incorporating Indonesia, Malaysia, the southern Philippines, Singapore  and Brunei[4]. JI was added to the United Nations 1267 Committee's list of terrorist organizations linked to al-Qaeda or the Taliban on 25 October 2002[5]  under UN Security Council Resolution 1267.

Seriously if you're going to say that members of Jemaah Islamiah are not Asian you're delusional.

Last edited by AussieReaper (2010-07-22 04:33:33)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Ah, lrn2data.

Learn to read facts:

o.O
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

mcminty wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Learn to read facts:

It was carried out by Jemaah Islamiah...a Southeast Asian militant Islamic organization..
ok thank you, so now for the million dollar question...Why is it relevant? He is an Islamic terrorist. and since it has now been PROVEN by you Islam is not a race, there is no racial profiling associated with scrutinizing Muslims accordingly.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6745|Sydney, Australia

I was just informing you of "where it said" they were Asian...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

mcminty wrote:

I was just informing you of "where it said" they were Asian...
well then I will point out that it did not make that claim in the source provided by Aussie. You provided a different source. Anyway, it gave me what I needed to make my point. Islam is not a race therefore can not be racial profiling by scrutinizing it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6348|New Haven, CT
Aren't many Arabs "Asian" too?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England
can't we all just agree that unless you're a white american republican christian you should be stopped at all airports
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

can't we all just agree that unless you're a white american republican christian you should be stopped at all airports
Hmmmmmmm I wonder what they used to profile the uni-bomber. I mean since they should not be allowed to point out the fact that he is white and a man. And then there is no way they should be looking for a white guy....Wow kinda hard to catch criminals if you can not actually weed out characteristics about them because someones feelings might get hurt. I wonder how your fuckin feelings stack up against a dirty bomb explosion.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-22 05:36:00)

Mekstizzle
WALKER

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hmmmmmmm I wonder what they used to profile the uni-bomber. I mean since they should not be allowed to point out the fact that he is white and a man. And then there is no way they should be looking for a white guy....Wow kinda hard to catch criminals if you can not actually weed out characteristics about them because someones feelings might get hurt. I wonder how your fuckin feelings stack up against a dirty bomb explosion.
What did they use to profile him? He was one guy. They knew he was white and a male (I'm just going by your post here). Can you say the same for Islamic extremists? Hmm, tackling terrorism sure would be easy if we could all have profiles like white male applied to them and knew them all individually or something like that. Do you get what I'm saying? Your bomber example makes no sense in context with the global threat of Islamic terrorism.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

What did they use to profile him? He was one guy. They knew he was white and a male (I'm just going by your post here). Can you say the same for Islamic extremists? Hmm, tackling terrorism sure would be easy if we could all have profiles like white male applied to them and knew them all individually or something like that. Do you get what I'm saying? Your bomber example makes no sense in context with the global threat of Islamic terrorism.
They profiled him using any and all characteristics.

religion is but one of several distinguishing characteristics used to weed out terrorists. If they are looking for Islamic terrorists, does it not make sense to look for Muslims as part of that weeding out process? Your feelings be damned.

If they were looking for a priest, I doubt they would be scrutinizing Muslims. As it is, Muslims are who they are looking for. Deal with it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
And how does one profile a Muslim
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Islam is not a race, there is no racial profiling associated with scrutinizing Muslims accordingly.
You keep a careful watch on those brown muslims lowing.
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/tim20mcveigh.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islam is not a race, there is no racial profiling associated with scrutinizing Muslims accordingly.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … cveigh.jpg
ummmm you do realize he was profiled and caught right? Ya know how, they were not looking for dark skinned muslims, they were looking for a white guy. Amazing how profiling can catch a criminal huh?

By the way, do you really really wanna compare Islamic terrorism with straight white guy terrorism? No, I don't think you do.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-22 06:19:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

And how does one profile a Muslim
Profiling a single characteristic will not work, Muslim associated with various other characteristcs is what paints a profile. Place of birth, name, travel habits, reasons for travel, appearances, body language etc....
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

ummmm you do realize he was profiled and caught right?

Yes, they went out looking for white christians who'd done military service didn't they.......

Getting a description and looking for that person =/= Profiling

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-22 06:38:06)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6740
Brown people causing troubles. Move along not news /racism
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, they went out looking for white christians who'd done military service didn't they.......

They were looking for a person that fit the discription.

Just like they do for any other criminal.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5725|College Park, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

don't try and explain this to him
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

don't try and explain this to him
Ummm they were not loking for HIM specifically..... they conducted an investigation

The official investigation, known as "OKBOMB", was the largest criminal investigation case in American history; FBI agents conducted 28,000 interviews, amassing 3.5 short tons (3.2 t) of evidence, and collected nearly one billion pieces of information. Gee amazing what an investigation can do ain't it?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6154|North Tonawanda, NY

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Which is actually different from racial profiling.  Racial profiling is when a LEO uses race instead of individual behavior/specific information as a factor for investigating potential criminal behavior.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Which is actually different from racial profiling.  Racial profiling is when a LEO uses race instead of individual behavior/specific information as a factor for investigating potential criminal behavior.
Sorry if they are looking for a black guy, that will undoubtedly eliminate most white women, and you have a problem with this?

If they are looking for a male Islamic terrorist, that will undoubedly eleimate most white teen age girls named buffy. Sorry to break it to you.

If the threat comes from Islam, EXPECT the search will be for Muslims.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6154|North Tonawanda, NY

lowing wrote:

Sorry if they are looking for a black guy, that will undoubtedly eliminate most white women, and you have a problem with this?

If they are looking for a male Islamic terrorist, that will undoubedly eleimate most white teen age girls named buffy. Sorry to break it to you.

You assume so much.

If a middle eastern-looking person is stopped and hassled by the police for no other reason than the fact that he looks middle eastern, then yes, I have a problem with that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6675|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

You assume so much.

If a middle eastern-looking person is stopped and hassled by the police for no other reason than the fact that he looks middle eastern, then yes, I have a problem with that.
What you call "hassled" is really called investigation. You did take note that that the FBI "hassled" 28,000 people in an effort to prove McViegh was gulity.

If they are looking fora middle eastern person and the person they stop happens to fit that discription, you should be a little more understanding regarding what they are trying to prevent. Again fuck your feelings. Believe me, if the cops are stopinng someone it is for a "reason" other than to hassle someone for their own amusement.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard