FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

BBC wrote:

Three dozen children aged 12 to 15 and four adults have been rescued from the sea at Tenby in Pembrokeshire.

Three lifeguards involved in the rescue of about 40 people were hailed as heroes after the group fell into the sea when a raised sandbank collapsed.

The RNLI lifeguards patrolling Tenby South Beach had already spotted the group before they got into trouble and went into immediate action.

They rescued the group using rescue boards and fluorescent buoyancy aids.
Wow...

"They were walking along the long sandbank which as the tide comes in liquefies and gets swept away," the spokeswoman said.

She said the tide suddenly changed and the group were swamped in sea water.

"They found themselves in the sea becoming out of their depth in what are treacherous waters," she said.

Lifeguards Adam Pitman and Jon Johnson entered the water with rescue boards and tubes, and brought the individuals safely to shore.

Meanwhile lifeguard, Coral Lewis, who was also on patrol at the time, radioed the Coastguard, the spokeswoman said.
Source

So they managed to get around 40 people (some of which were fully clothed) back to the shore, administer first aid to those who needed it, and do all this with just the three of them. Very very very impressed.

To put it into context, to remove one person from a pool with back injurys at a minimum requires three people

Heroes? maybe, i dunno. Definatly incredible though.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

That is pretty impressive.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
Wow, amazing.

If it's how it sounds, I'd say it was a pretty damn good job.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
plus beaches are a lot harder to lifeguard
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas
Must've been pretty scary for those people. Thankfully, some pretty good lifeguards were on the scene.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Top effort. Sounds like they need a sign tbh "this sandbank collapses so don't be a dumbass"
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

Damn, thats impressive...especially given the size of the South Beach in Tenby. If you've ever been there, you'll know its fucking huge!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
That's one monster ass beach. Good job to them all.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
JahManRed
wank
+646|6599|IRELAND

RNLI members all work for free risking their lives. They go out in all seas. They are all Heroes.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

JahManRed wrote:

RNLI members all work for free risking their lives. They go out in all seas. They are all Heroes.
RNLI Lifeguards get paid. They do have Volunteer Lifeguards, though. I believe that Volunteer Lifeguards get at least some of their travel and accommodation reimbursed.
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6615|internet
hmm....it reminded me when i fell off a boat when i was 12...the boat was still moving very slowly...so i was just swimming to the boat when some people saw me...than 2 guys jumped in the water and started pushing me to the boat i told them to leave me alone they making it hard for me to swim,but they kept doing it...in the end they became heroes...very nice
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
the third person just called coast gaurd lol
15 more years! 15 more years!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

Mitch wrote:

...which is probably SOP for something like this, then she resumed in the rescue and aid

edit for gender, and she's fit

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-07-26 07:52:34)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

...which is probably SOP for something like this, then she resumed in the rescue and aid

It'd probably come under EAP rather than NOP/SOP.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

liquidat0r wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

It'd probably come under EAP rather than NOP/SOP.
you're a potato

and yes i know the acronyms
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6097|So Cal
I almost drowned at Lake Perris in So Cal. when I was 14.
Scary shit.  https://i16.tinypic.com/487n34o.gif
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5718|Croatia
Wow,great effort!I remember when I almost drowned when I was 5 or 6.I tried to swim the length of pool underwater.Was not a good idea.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Hero lifeguards for sure, but why don't you people know how to swim?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hero lifeguards for sure, but why don't you people know how to swim?
Swimming in clothes in a pool environment can be difficult enough for some people, never mind in the sea. Silly people taking silly risks tho tbf
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
THIS is MY Wales!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard