Jesus*MC*
+2|6825|DFW, Texas
Does EA still care about stat/time padding.

I ask because I've found at least one today. I really just find it funny that people still do it. The game has been out for 4 yrs now. Who really cares that much about points and badges?

Jesus*MC*
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6756|Reality
go ahead if you have nothing better to do like taking a good dump.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-07-25 21:49:26)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Jesus*MC*
+2|6825|DFW, Texas
I wasn't asking because I wanted to pad my stats... I've long since stopped caring about badges and the like. I was asking if I should bother trying to report the server to EA. But I've already stopped caring about it. I've wasted to much of my time already.

Jesus*MC*
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6424|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Shouldn't even bother.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5880|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
It really isn't worth the effort, whenever I see stat pad or time servers etc I always wish I could just get rid of them but it will never happen, I just join and tell them how sad I think it is then kill them until I get kicked, it probably is the saddest thing in the world just sitting there in a vehicle or repeatedly killing the same person over and over while they get revived, for hours and hours or even weeks after weeks for the hardcore stat padders, just to get some stupid little badge that no one cares about or even looks at, it's literally a waste of life unless you find it fun
Jesus*MC*
+2|6825|DFW, Texas
That's exactly what I did. I unknowingly went into a Time Server. Guys were just sitting in planes and armor. They weren't moving at all. What's worse is that at least one person was actually sitting at the computer watching. I ridiculed them for a bit then switched teams to get a jet to kill them... was banned before I made it there. Too bad. Even worse than that, the dude tried to argue that it wasn't stat padding he was doing. "I'm just sitting in a vehicle. I'm not padding my score." Retards!

Jesus*MC*
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6562|775

ROFL...

I like capping flags in those stupid "Time" servers...
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6012|Aberdeen, Scotland

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

ROFL...

I like capping flags in those stupid "Time" servers...
Killing is more fun lol, it's funny how wound up some people get!

It's sad enough that they join time servers in the first place, even sadder that they actually sit there and watch the 'action', lol.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6756|Reality
Time servers are for people with ADD. They get tired of playing a game after a weekend and yet think they deserve all the bling because they payed for the game.

Alas no nobody cares now or even 3 years ago.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
thebronxbomber
+1|5415
Its even sadder when people do it on 1.0 =/
HSG
+23|6486|British Columbia, Canada

Jesus*MC* wrote:

Does EA still care about stat/time padding.

I ask because I've found at least one today. I really just find it funny that people still do it. The game has been out for 4 yrs now. Who really cares that much about points and badges?

Jesus*MC*
DUde u on crack..?? stats  r life.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6165|what

Stats r lyfe. Stats 4 lyfe.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5510|England

AussieReaper wrote:

Stats r lyfe. Stats 4 lyfe.
SamBo:D
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6704
Is stats the only incentive to playing the game? I mean stat padding is just watching numbers grow.
I for one would rather play an FPS than watching numbers grow. Why not watch grass grow.

Stats doesn't matter all that much anyway. Jump in your regular server and people know exactly how good you are.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5880|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Is stats the only incentive to playing the game? I mean stat padding is just watching numbers grow.
I for one would rather play an FPS than watching numbers grow. Why not watch grass grow.

Stats doesn't matter all that much anyway. Jump in your regular server and people know exactly how good you are.
Exactly what I've always said, why not just play the game and enjoy it, good players are recognised anyway, and good players hardly ever have amazing stats, even if their stats were amazing they could have been hacked, padded or whatever so I take no notice of stats at all- e.g- assault rifle stats, someone could have just used the G36E 100% of the time, Jet stats- someone could have used the J-10 100% of the time against an F35, could be quite a noob and still kill pros in that jet, and his stats could make him look like a pro pilot
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6145|Scotland!

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Jump in your regular server and people know exactly how good you are.
If you're good at bf2 then there is no regular server, admins won't tolerate a good player even if they know they're legit.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

If you're good at bf2 then there is no regular server, admins won't tolerate a good player even if they know they're legit.
QFT
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
firebolt5
+114|6168
It is kind of sad how BF2 is synonymous with the term stat padding.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5411|USA

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

It really isn't worth the effort, whenever I see stat pad or time servers etc I always wish I could just get rid of them but it will never happen, I just join and tell them how sad I think it is then kill them until I get kicked
wow.

While I find it ironic that people who care so much about their stats are idling, lowering their SPMs, I could care less as it doesn't affect me.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

firebolt5 wrote:

It is kind of sad how BF2 is synonymous with the term stat padding.
I remember when 2142 came out... I enjoyed flying around in gunships, shooting the padders who were hanging around the outskirts of the map, padding their dogtags & stuff... It only made it more fun as they got madder...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
HSG
+23|6486|British Columbia, Canada

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Umm..... cus grass aint life, where as stats are.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6336|Graz, Austria

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

So true.
That's why I have removed some of my keyboard buttons and taped 1kg of lead to my mouse.
That's why I have disable my crouch and prone buttons and lowered my mouse sensitivity.

Keeps my game average.
wotg
Mr
+3|5417|Norway
Stats padding is something i don`t care to much about, some people have a hard time getting awards and badges in an honest way, maybe they are lazy, maybe they are shitty players or maybe they have lower than average ethical standards?
What pisses me off is when people use cheats, then it affects the actual game and the balance and fucks up the game for everyone, but the cheater(s)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard