TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

You could argue that the attitudes of the children are dictated by their parents, if all children were raised properly then there would be no problem.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I honestly have no idea if children would grow up the same or differently if they had a gay couple for parents. But there's really only one way to find out. For now I say let gay couples adopt kids and raise them, and if studies are done by credible people and find out that these kids turn out fucked up, then make them stop I suppose.

Sheltering kids from anyone or anything "different" or "abnormal" is what's perpetuating discrimination and lack of acceptance. Whether it's race, religion, sexuality, or whatever.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

mtb0minime wrote:

I honestly have no idea if children would grow up the same or differently if they had a gay couple for parents. But there's really only one way to find out. For now I say let gay couples adopt kids and raise them, and if studies are done by credible people and find out that these kids turn out fucked up, then make them stop I suppose.

Sheltering kids from anyone or anything "different" or "abnormal" is what's perpetuating discrimination and lack of acceptance. Whether it's race, religion, sexuality, or whatever.
Agreed on the latter part, but I for one am not ready to agree to a decision that will turn future generations into guinea pigs. I'd rather the scientific community had come to a safe conclusion first on the nature of the whole issue...
ƒ³
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

You could argue that the attitudes of the children are dictated by their parents, if all children were raised properly then there would be no problem.
Well, in reference to homosexuality, there is sometimes a genetic component.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

oug wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Agreed on the latter part, but I for one am not ready to agree to a decision that will turn future generations into guinea pigs. I'd rather the scientific community had come to a safe conclusion first on the nature of the whole issue...
Since homosexuality is partially a genetic condition (in many cases), this argument is only halfway valid, but it also wholly against the idea of human rights.  The only way you can consistently, legally bar gay couples from adopting kids is to first criminalize homosexuality itself -- which clearly is against social equality.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard