Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/ … pping.html

A camping trip turned into a harrowing run-in with an alleged abductor for a Calgary couple who stepped in to help a screaming woman.

Gordon Gamble and his wife, Bonnie Carpenter, pulled into a roadside stop last Friday near Strathmore, east of Calgary, when they saw a man holding a woman by the waist and pulling her toward his car.

"She was kicking and screaming for someone to help her," Carpenter told CBC News on Tuesday.

"He had her pinned on the ground and the male was saying, 'Don't worry about her, she's crazy.' Meanwhile, she was screaming, 'Please help me! He's trying to kill me! Don't go! Please help me!'"

While Carpenter was on the line with a 911 operator, the woman broke free and ran toward the couple's Jeep.

Gamble swung open his door to let the distraught woman jump in and Carpenter drove away down the highway — with the man in pursuit at a speed estimated at 150 km/h.

She said the man swerved his car into the Jeep's rear passenger side in an attempt to force it off the road.
The suspect vehicle pursued the Good Samaritans in their Jeep to a farmhouse at speeds reaching 150 km/h. The suspect vehicle pursued the Good Samaritans in their Jeep to a farmhouse at speeds reaching 150 km/h. (Courtesy of Bonnie Carpenter)

Carpenter took a hard turn into the driveway of a farmhouse and slid into an old hay sleigh. The man then crashed his vehicle into the back of the Jeep, slamming it through a fence and blocking it in, she said.

On Gamble's advice, the woman ran up to the house for refuge and to call 911.

As Carpenter tried to get out of the Jeep, she said the man approached her and swung the door shut to block her exit.

With the woman no longer in sight and assumed to be safely in the house, the Good Samaritan couple grabbed their Labrador retriever and ran onto the highway — while on the phone with 911.

They could hear the man screaming, so they got into the bushes and flagged down the RCMP when they heard sirens approaching, said Carpenter.

"The girl was now on the highway running towards us. I grabbed her in a hug, she cried hysterically," she said.
Man from Manitoba arrested

Police arrested a 26-year-old man at gunpoint.

The suspect from Manitoba was charged with several offences, including kidnapping, forcible confinement, assault, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and mischief, the RCMP said Monday.

Watch CBC News at Six in Calgary on July 22 on CBC-TV at 6 p.m. MT on why the Good Samaritans are on the hook for thousands of dollars.

The woman, 27, had known the man for about a week when he asked her to go for a ride with him. She voluntarily got into the vehicle, said police.

The driver had stolen some gasoline from a station in Calgary and sped east at speeds estimated at 185 to 200 km/h.

The woman tried to use her cellphone but the man threw it out the car window. It was only when she tried to open the car door that he stopped at the roadside turnoff, where the Calgary couple noticed them.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

yep ...................... thats your canada
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Calgary is pretty nice from what I hear.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

So what do you talk about? I suggest sere's sig, I dream of it. On a side note I thought stubee was german since he likes to report post with swatikas.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

They sure mentioned 150KPH a lot in that one paragraph didn't they?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

Macbeth wrote:

So what do you talk about? I suggest sere's sig, I dream of it. On a side note I thought stubee was german since he likes to report post with swatikas.
I suggest we talk about making the sig size larger so I really show some ass - also why am I allowed only 1 pic in my sig
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6181|New Austin, Not

Turquoise wrote:

Calgary is pretty nice from what I hear.
Indeed.
This year's Calgary Stampede was decent, though the weather was shit for most of it. Don't suppose any of y'all been here?

Edit: Nothing good EVER comes out of Manitoba. Don't go there...its shit.

Last edited by Rohirm (2009-07-22 14:59:55)

Stubbee
+223|6752|Reality

Macbeth wrote:

I like to report posts that have swastikas for the exact reason i stated in the thread you posted your picture. Maybe you didn't read it. Any German viewing a swastika on the internet is breaking German law. It doesn't seem fair to German BF2s patrons to inadvertently break their law because they viewed your picture.

It is nothing personal against you or swastikas.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-07-22 20:20:41)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

Stubbee wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I like to report posts that have swastikas for the exact reason i stated in the thread you posted your picture. Maybe you didn't read it. Any German viewing a swastika on the internet is breaking German law. It doesn't seem fair to German BF2s patrons to inadvertently break their law because they viewed your picture.

As a side note, that is a truly ridiculous law only matched by the internet blacklist of Australia.

Surely, the Germans can view the left-facing swastika without legal issues, right?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Photo_of_rss_member.jpg

What do Buddhists in Germany do?

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-07-22 20:43:54)

imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Turquoise wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

As a side note, that is a truly ridiculous law only matched by the internet blacklist of Australia.

Surely, the Germans can view the left-facing swastika without legal issues, right?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … member.jpg

What do Buddhists in Germany do?
I suppose, as long as they don't look at it in a mirror.
Stubbee
+223|6752|Reality
i don't remember if the law includes both versions of the swastika. I just know that the symbol that the Nazis appropriated for their own is illegal in Germany and the Germans that it very seriously.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6640|New Hampshire, USA
I'm loving these "This is my [country]" threads.  I'm very happy that people are still willing to help complete strangers in these selfish times.  I'm soooooooo sick of everyone looking out for number 1
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

I'm soooooooo sick of everyone looking out for number 1
Eh rather secure my own happiness and existence rather then worrying about the poor bloke next to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard