Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 … ue.amateur

selfless, caring, involved.

Heroes at their best.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6398
Luckily those men were there to save those people.

I'm still surprise more people don't carry fire extinguishers in their cars..... or have them in their home.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD
The videographer sounds like he's been running a damn marathon

Good on them for putting others above themselves. None of this bystander effect bullshit that plagues so many people.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-07-21 14:54:55)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
They're just lucky it happened in a residential area. If it were on a rural road or something they'd probably be goners.

Those guys are heroes in the highest sense of the word.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
The two who saved them were firefighters.  They might have been off duty, but that's their job.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Red Forman wrote:

The two who saved them were firefighters.  They might have been off duty, but that's their job.
yes, it is their job to run into burning buildings and drag people out, it is their job to scale doen cliffs to rescue stranded hikers, it is their job to save lives, we have a word for it, it is called hero.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
Who woul stand there and watch them burn?

I would have done it too. Good on them though, jesus, I can't imagine what I would do if my kids died.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

yes, it is their job to run into burning buildings and drag people out, it is their job to scale doen cliffs to rescue stranded hikers, it is their job to save lives, we have a word for it, it is called hero.
My word is job.  Somone not trained to do that stuff but does it anyway would be a hero.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

My word is job.  Somone not trained to do that stuff but does it anyway would be a hero.
Funny, I would say someone willing to accept that training, put someone elses life ahead of their own would be called a hero. Oh well
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Nah I don't see why you can't give someone the title of hero even if it is their job and their trained for it. It's still heroic. Now it's when you have people saying that someone is a hero when they haven't done anything in particular, like survive a situation (or an illness) or something, that's what I get annoyed about. You know what I mean by all that right
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

My word is job.  Someone not trained to do that stuff but does it anyway would be a hero.
Funny, I would say someone willing to accept that training, put someone elses life ahead of their own would be called a hero. Oh well
Well by that definition jihadists are hero's.  Do you agree?

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-07-21 15:16:17)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Well by that definition jihadists are heros.  Do you agree?
Well that's the classic argument of one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Mekstizzle wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well by that definition jihadists are heros.  Do you agree?
Well that's the classic argument of one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
I know what it is.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

ATG wrote:

Who woul stand there and watch them burn?

I would have done it too. Good on them though, jesus, I can't imagine what I would do if my kids died.
As would I. However clearly the trained firefighters would be a lot more effective than myself.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6398
Sure they have the training and yes it is their job..... kind of. Their job is to actually do it with tools and gear, which make it much safer and easier for the them. They know the consequences - seeing the injuries first hand - yet they still did it and put them selves at more risk than they would of had they actually been on the job with their tools and gear.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

I bet those guys were conservatives though. Liberals are too worried about how best to scrounge money off the state to help people out, even if they're trapped in a burning car wreck.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

My word is job.  Someone not trained to do that stuff but does it anyway would be a hero.
Never mind, I am not going to argue whether or not these people who pulled a mother and her family out of burning car are heroes.

I also am not going to dignify your comparison between this act and blowing up women and children as being the same thing by commenting on it.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
Oh sorry.  I guess we should save that stuff for when you feel like using dignified comparisons when it comes to black people or Muslims.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

I bet those guys were conservatives though. Liberals are too worried about how best to scrounge money off the state to help people out, even if they're trapped in a burning car wreck.
I agree
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Red Forman wrote:

Oh sorry.  I guess we should save that stuff for when you feel like using dignified comparisons when it comes to black people or Muslims.
I do not compare black people or Muslims. I compare individuals and religions.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I agree
If you seriously believe that someone's politics mean they wouldn't help a woman and her kids out of a burning building then you're a fucking asshole. I mean seriously, I know we keep saying you've lost your last shred of credibility, but I don't think you could really sink any lower than saying that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I agree
If you seriously believe that someone's politics mean they wouldn't help a woman and her kids out of a burning building then you're a fucking asshole. I mean seriously, I know we keep saying you've lost your last shred of credibility, but I don't think you could really sink any lower than saying that.
ok you do realize, you said that not me .....................right?

You think I actually believe the idiocy you spouted? .
Don't get pissed off at me because I did not entertain your bullshit, you troll.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-21 15:59:07)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Luckily those men were there to save those people.

I'm still surprise more people don't carry fire extinguishers in their cars..... or have them in their home.
The home part especially....
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

What?...  How is that even related?  Blowing yourself up doesn't even compare.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6003|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I agree
Wow, A couple of guys do something incredibly dangerous and incredibly brave with the most noble of intentions and they are indeed heroes and then two other lame a$$ retards come crawling out of the woodwork to usurp this brave act to spew some vile hate crap. You set up this OP, then flip it into another garbage thread where you try to define conservatism into your own little hate filled world. I have to tell you I am a conservative and you guys definitely are not.

Man you two need to grow up, I don't think there is a ounce of common sense between the two of you.

/close thread

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard