GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
So, some of you saw my sport bike thread... Well I have some seriously bad news.

I went to my dads office yesterday, and we were hangin out and talking - no big deal

Then he takes me back into the warehouse - again, nothing different... until I see a rounded tail and what looks like a Carbon Fibre exhaust

Sure enough, I get closer and it's the fucking Hayabusa that "some asshole" bought the day after I sent it to my dad... he bought it for me and himself as a bike that isnt an everyday bike - we have street bikes for that

He told me I could ride it and that I have the title/registration but no plates so I should be O.K.

I go to my moms house, girlfriends house, and my friend's house on the way...

It's monsoon season so it looked like it would rain but the wind wasn't too bad.

So I took it up the road [Frank Lloyd Wright Rd.] back towards my house - I entered a sharp right turn when the wind kicked up like a mother fucker - I looked up the weather yesterday and it turns out at 6:58 the wind was blowing at like 20mph with the gusts being 32mph or something - at 7:00 the wind turned into 42mph or so with 55+mph gusts of wind - EXACTLY the time of my accident

I sat on the bike fighting for it to turn but it seemed too late, I watched my front tire inch closer and closer to the curb until it made contact

The next thing I remember was seeing gravel sliding on my face and my body twisted around my front shield flipped up and broke off on the left side... As soon as I stopped sliding/rolling I stood right up and turned around to my worst nightmare. My new Suzuki Hayabusa pinned against the curb with smoke coming from the engine and oil leaking all over the road.

I checked myself out and didn't feel any broken bones and my neck felt fine - I had a book bag designed for motorcycle riding with a jacket and another small helmet in there... I assume that that probably helped my back from being broken

I went to the Trauma center at the hospital and they had to scrub out all my road rash (left arm almost completely, left knee cap, left shin & calf, right shin & calf and right knee cap   my lip is also cut pretty deep right under my gums; they couldnt stitch it back together because there was no tissue to sew - not bad for sliding through a median right between two trees and into oncoming traffic going 50mph

https://i32.tinypic.com/rhiwew.jpg
/\ You can see how I was riding close to the curb until i went over it - the motorcycle then twisted sideways and rolled (I assume) into the bush actually ripping branches off

https://i31.tinypic.com/312cvsx.jpg
I tried to show the motion but it kind of sucks

https://i31.tinypic.com/24m8j85.jpg
The helmet that saved my life (I hit the gravel head first, you can see what my face would look like if I wasnt wearing one)

I really wish somebody would buy me an eighth

They gave me Vicodin but I'm not taking that shit - painkillers are fucked up

I honestly believe that the crash wasn't my fault, it honestly was an act of nature.

The lesson that I take from this is: Things can go very bad very quickly - one second your loving your life and counting your blessings, next thing your laying on the road with your brand new dream motorcycle laying on the road completely totaled because no fault of your own.

To be fair, I did not think about the amount of surface area on the motorcycle. I thought I might just blow back and forth a few inches at the worst but I never thought about that turn and the effect the wind would have on me while in the turn. I also should have been in the other lane but I had just passed a car about 20 seconds back and didn't think about it.

https://i26.tinypic.com/2yjo7jb.jpg

That is the proper procedure for turning on a motorcycle, I started near the curb but as soon as I got hit by the wind I simply couldn't bring it out of the turn

Next time I own a Hayabusa I'm only riding with mesh pants, and a jacket in conditions that I have already looked up to make sure it wont get wet or windy

Everyone that rides a bike: Wear a helmet, it helps with wind, sound, and protecting your face from roadrash and a curb at 50mph.
Remember not to underestimate mother earth, shes a total bitch and will fuck your shit up in an instant (as evidenced by my demise)

-GodFather
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
That fucking sucks. And makes me glad I drive a car.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
Shitty dude, was it a write-off?

I like the pictures by the way, they're the best part.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Well the crash sucks, but it sounds like you were actually kinda lucky that you escaped the crash with out too much major damage to your body, and intelligent that you were wearing a helmet.  I've seen more than a few motorcycle crashes at 50mph, usually it's a trip to the hospital for some major surgery and rehab, unless they weren't wearing a helmet, then it's usually just a trip to the morgue.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

im pretty every biker goes through a crash at least once
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Wow, good thing your ok.

Wow, can't believe I spelt "You're" like that. Oops

Last edited by FFLink (2009-07-22 13:32:34)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
at least you're alive to shoot more birds and buy another bike later on
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
Ah man I feel your pain. I once saw a friend total a brand new CBR only 100m down the road from where he bought it.

At least you're alive though
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5427|Dublin, Ireland
You seem to fail at driving.

Give up before you die.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Whilst the helmet did save you from looking like Freddy Kruger, you should get a full face; motorbikes are dangerous enough as it is without skimping on helmet coverage.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Oisín<3 wrote:

You seem to fail at driving.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I call fraud. Anybody can photo a oil slick and make bad ms paint mark ups for sympathy.

Show me the ruined bike.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

ATG wrote:

I call fraud. Anybody can photo a oil slick and make bad ms paint mark ups for sympathy.

Show me the ruined bike.
Is this the "pics or it didn't happen" argument?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Yeah, why no pics of the bike? And there's no debris or paint scrapes on the road surface either.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country
Show us ya bike!  I bet it was really a scooter
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah, why no pics of the bike? And there's no debris or paint scrapes on the road surface either.
There arent debris because the pics were taken the next day... There were pieces of the seat cover and the windshield on the road but they cleaned it up... Were going to find out where the bike is and bring it home... Then maybe sell the rims & power commander & chain... Ill take pics then. Look below for pre-crash pics

I'm pretty sure the bike took air, you can see where the tires dug into the gravel - I know, shitty pics from my iPhone

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

That fucking sucks. And makes me glad I drive a car.
Yeah, It wouldnt have happened in a car but if I could do it all over again, I would... That Hayabusa was a dream come true, along with a nightmare

Pochsy wrote:

Shitty dude, was it a write-off?

I like the pictures by the way, they're the best part.
No it wasnt a write off, I technically didnt even have insurance yet... But theres the 30 days im allowed to get insurance on it so I actually had to get the plates for it today along with adding it to my insurance plan...

mcgid1 wrote:

Well the crash sucks, but it sounds like you were actually kinda lucky that you escaped the crash with out too much major damage to your body, and intelligent that you were wearing a helmet.  I've seen more than a few motorcycle crashes at 50mph, usually it's a trip to the hospital for some major surgery and rehab, unless they weren't wearing a helmet, then it's usually just a trip to the morgue.
Yeah, I was really lucky, if you can see how I barely avoided those trees. If I would have held out a split second longer or failed a split second earlier I would be wrapped around the tree

krazed wrote:

at least you're alive to shoot more birds and buy another bike later on
For sure     I cant wait until I can get the money together again and buy another... I will be riding it only in the best of conditions in the best of gear after a good amount of training in slow turns to get the bikes rythm down...

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Ah man I feel your pain. I once saw a friend total a brand new CBR only 100m down the road from where he bought it.

At least you're alive though
That SUCKS. At least the Hayabusa was a 1999 and not a brand new one, I would feel horrible.

ghettoperson wrote:

Whilst the helmet did save you from looking like Freddy Kruger, you should get a full face; motorbikes are dangerous enough as it is without skimping on helmet coverage.
Heres the best thing, I went over to my moms house to have some dinner and then go south towards Phoenix to pick up a full face Shoei helmet. But they are closed on Monday. I would have been in a car and avoiding that wind also...

The Shoei would have saved me from rubble up the nose and a fucked up lip... Then again it would have cost $600 so I dont know that would have been like pissing away another $600

https://i26.tinypic.com/2zhjoqp.jpg

I almost cried when i saw the exhaust ripped from the pipes and twisted backwards
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
You should plant a cross on the spot where your bike landed. RIP
        - ALWAYS wear Protection -
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6302
The bike is meh, it's replaceable but it's a good thing your okay.

I have a scooter and I have taken some spills on that, Same with the four wheeler.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

GodFather wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Yeah, because I can do 120mph on a dirt bike

also search my above post for crotch rockets and see what i have to say
Yeah, because I've had to scrape atleast 6 idiots off the highway when they did 120mph on their crotch rocket.
Didn't know you were thinking that way.

In which case:   Chairs >Dirt Bikes > "crotch rockets"
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5933|CA
You walked away.  The bike is replaceable.  I'd call it a good day.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

GravyDan wrote:

You walked away.  The bike is replaceable.  I'd call it a good day.
i'm still sporting a scar over my left ear. my left ankle pops, like , well, popcorn when i turn it.
glad you were able to tell the tale, be cognizant afterwards. i have a high school friend in a nursing home to this day. . .
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.

jsnipy wrote:

im pretty every biker goes through a crash at least once
It's a very weird feeling when you're sliding down the road at 80 KM/h and your pride and joy is sliding down ontop of you. Feels kind of peaceful until you come to a stop and realize what's happened.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma
Shit, i didn't know wind could cause a bike to do that.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

There are two types of bikers. Ones who have crashed and ones that will crash. Welcome to the club.

Good thing you're ok. Sad thing that awesome piece of Suzuki isn't.

Open helmet? Arf... I'd never ride a bike with that type of helmet. Way too protective of my pretty face
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.
Agreed, that's a horrible helmet to use on a 'busa.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard